Official I'm addicted to Sideshow thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1065

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I started with the new 12" Star Wars line, after that I was hooked. I ordered Wolverine vs Sabretooth, Premium Format Obi-Wan, 1/4 Connery Bond, 1/4 Logan, and just ordered a Premium Format Vader. I have to make up for the the products I missed out on from my late start into the Sideshow game.

So when did your addictions start? Or are you still in denial of it :D

There isn't enough water in the world for me to be in de Nile.

I started with the 12" Bond figures. It was managable then. But then came the Star Wars 12" and things got rough. But when I got my SSE PF Frankenstein and Dracula it opened a whole new world of hurt. Catching up is my biggest problem, going back to get all the SW PF's I missed. But I'm current now so I guess I need to find something new to start collecting.

It's a cry for help.

Not20addicted.jpg

forget the SS, I started to collect like 10 months ago and I had so much missing.
After I first purchased Wolvie vs sabertooth exclusive #8 from the wait list :chew , I fell in love with SS. I am a comic collector and actually the first thing I ordered was Iron man exclusive statue. Then it continued:lol, unfortunately so much to catch out there:emperor

I'm addicted and I like it. Universal Monsters started it for me years ago. I was sticking to 12" figures until I got my PF Vader. Now I'm hooked on those.

my addiction started 2 years ago. my doctor recommended other companies but it didn't help.

And Mike......you are now part of the addiction crew. Its hard to stop once you get started. There is no known cure for what we have.

My addiction started when they announced the Civil War line. I have wanted someone to produce figures from this era for over twenty years, and Sideshow came through! I have since added: Bond, WWI, Universal monsters,
Platoon, six gun legends, Monty Python, Star Wars (of course), T2, LOTR 12 inch, and the premium formats. I have also given up on other manufacturers. They just do not produce what I am looking for. Keep it going Sideshow!!

I started with collecting Headknockers. Cheap and great fun!
Bought some various pieces from GG; Neo light-up bust and TX. A bit more expensive but still not to bad.
Then i bought Freddy and Jason 12" SS and more Headknockers.
And then one day my local store showed me an Attakus Marvel piece (Daredevil born again). Bought that and started to look for more of these types of statues. Bought a couple of more Attakus Marvel statues and then I saw Hellboy 1:4 PF :monkey5
It rooled on from there :rotfl and now i have eight SS pieces, most PF one VS. Where will it end...
Those darn headknockers! :D :D :D

It started with collecting the Jason figs.... and once I saw the newly announced Star Wars line and then LOTR.... I could not stop. Eventually, when I got my first PF (Demon Freddy), I knew it was over for me and any extra money I ever had.

It's the best and most fun addiction I've ever had, with hardly any negative effect..... which is nice I guess...
:lol

I found out about SS through another retailer selling their SS/WETA LOTR line and I first purchased Gandalf the Grey statue. Then found the website and preordered the Balrog when it first went up. In one of my orders I got a catalog with the PF Vampyre on the cover. Needless to say I had to have that figure and I've been a PF addict ever since. Not to mention the various 12", statues, and maquettes I have picked up on the side :D

I started with collecting the Buffy 12" figures about 1,5 year ago ( I'm still trying to complete my collection...4 of them still missing:( , I have both versions-exclusive and regular, of almost all of them );then they announced 12" Star Wars line, and then 12" LOTR....,so I pre-ordered all exclusives from those lines. I pre-ordered PF Buffy too...I am addicted for sure:sick ,but I love it:D

im starting to get addicted myself. i was originally just get the SW 12" line, but after finding some great deals on a couple of the PF i'm slowly getting sucked in. now that i have the PF freddy and jason im interested in the modern horror line as well. then there comes the james bond... only the PF from that series as i dont like some of the 12" figures. and i've decided if i cant get the connery bond first--- im not getting any of them.

My name is PIxletwin and I too am an addict. My wife staged an intervention saturday night, changing my screen saver from my Sideshow Star Wars screensaver of Doom to family pics and threatened to chop up my Luke and Anakin if I didn't box them up till we had a place to put them... :monkey2

Hi Pixletwin. It's nothing to be ashamed of and we're all here to support each other.

Now where's that M*A*S*H crusade?

I've been an addict for quite some time now. Probably close to 4 years. I started looking around on ebay for LOTR stuff and found this cool company called Sideshow Weta. Then I saw a bunch of auctions from the guy named Bob from Fireside Collectables. Next thing I know,,, I was dropping hundreds on boxes the size of coffins full of LOTR statues for display in my theater room. I got basically everything that they made for around 35% off retail. I have since sold almost all the LOTR stuff and "upgraded" to all Premium Format SS stuff. I did the math and figured I made well over $10K in profit on selling my original Sideshow Weta pieces. I still have a few around (Treebeard and Wraith on Steed are on my work desk). The only time I ever sell something is if I need to make room for something new.
Bottom line,,, Sideshow rules.

Batty said:
Hi Pixletwin. It's nothing to be ashamed of and we're all here to support each other.

Now where's that M*A*S*H crusade?
It is coming... Just waiting for congress' permission to invade.:D

I too am an addict, although I have not moved into the hard stuff (statues and PF's). I'm an action figure collector and that's how they got me... taunting me with affordable 8" Universal Monsters, and then just a taste of the good stuff, 1/6 Vampyre. After that there was no turning back, and now 30 or so 1/6 figures later I'm still Jonesin' for more :drool

Back