OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

Don't get me wrong I'd snap all those up in a heartbeat especially with Snake, I could own endless versiOns of him and want much more.

But you have to remember resident evil... The new Mila figure aside, was mostly done at a time when their heavy hitter lisensce was probably pirates of the caribean and dark knight. Add Indy, superman, iron man, star wars, spiderman, iron man, the rest of marvel, 90s batman and pretty much everything under the sun minor characters from video games even popular ones is a much lower priority than in the past.

Don't get me wrong I'd snap all those up in a heartbeat especially with Snake, I could own endless versiOns of him and want much more.

But you have to remember resident evil... The new Mila figure aside, was mostly done at a time when their heavy hitter lisensce was probably pirates of the caribean and dark knight. Add Indy, superman, iron man, star wars, spiderman, iron man, the rest of marvel, 90s batman and pretty much everything under the sun minor characters from video games even popular ones is a much lower priority than in the past.

Very true HT have been on the ball reciently. The ressesion is forcing them to bring their A-game haha.

Id like them to do a poll similar to the one they had in Japan of the most anticipated release. Metal Gear Solid won by alot, but thats Japan.

Also all those figures are up for pre-order, right? MGS HT is most likely gonna come out when all those have been released.

@ Snake eater & meanstreak sorry to ____ wit ya boys lol

Sorry to play devils advocate here but I don't agree that Metal Gear is more worthy of a larger quantity than some of those other lines... Well maybe Iron man because it's excessive though I know it sells well.

It's one of my all time favorites, I'm a big fan of the games characters and stories but I don't argue there is more potential for figures than other lines. Would I love something like a sniper wolf, a relatively minor character in the spectrum of things? Hell yes I would but the truth is like any other lisence and they have sooooo many that it will just be a skimming of the surface.

I anticipate they can only afford to do 2 or 3. They teased boss and naked snake and i would assume thats the end of it.

Realistically who would get made? Don't bank on any more than those two, solid snake, ocelot or ninja being made... Those are te most popular/ most iconic MGS characters arguably.

I mean these guys have the Star Wars license... You think MGS is a top priority despite it's popularity... Even with star wars I'd besurprused to see more outside of luke leia vader and Han... There is just too much...

If you read the interview with Howard Chan of HT from their facebook page. They plan to release one figure a year. So I take SW is not a top priority, or that's the deal they have with Sideshow. Remember, HT does not have the SW license. Sideshow is letting them use it, big difference.
https://www.hk501st.com/hk501/actions/HTinterview2011/HTinterview2011-index.html

well Resident Evil had a butt load of figures. but i'd say the MGS franchise has more potential to get milked.

for example with Snake alone theres:

Solid Snake - MGS1 version, MGS2 version(incl Pliskin suit), MGS4 etc...

Grey Fox

Raiden - MGS2, MGS4 and Rising versions

BigBoss - MGS3 fatigues, Sneaking suit. Peace Walker Sneaking suit, Fatigues. Portable Ops etc....

all the BigBoss figures could potentialy have the same face sculpt. Not sure about MGS4 but i think at least Snake from MGS1-3 are manditory

With the exception of Iron Man and Predator, their track record is not very good concerning more than 2 to 3 figures in a line. RE5 had 7 but 3 were the same character with different outfit.

Waiting_2.gif
Waiting_2.gif

Getting Bored Waiting Hot Toys!!!!​

I used to check this thread daily long before I signed up. The fk is going on?

broo?

BROO?!

BBBRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

after more and more MGSHD render images pop up... it would be about time for HT to post some teasers as well---

We might have a ridiculously long wait ahead of us. There's going to be a preview next year at one of the cons for sure! :lol

Wonder Ful ... Gooddd

Halloween bump

I have a friend who is an Art Director of a major toy manufacturer based in China, and he said that the Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid prototype photos will be released between Dec. 2011-Jan. 2012.

Crossing my fingers that Hot Toys follows through with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back