OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

True. I wasn't trying to sound rude or anything, so I hope you didn't take it that way:hi5:

No worries I didn't take it that way. :)

I can't tell is that head a modded Mk III, or an original sculpt?

Have you seen some of the other custom Mk III's from that event? There were a lot of good ones but the Ninja looks the best to me.

It's just a repainted Iron Man. That's all. Yeah it's a good job, but not accurate.

Not accurate as it was part of the Artists IM customs selection that HT did, so it has to retain the IM aspect.

Was done by Mr. Shinkawa himself.

Not accurate as it was part of the Artists IM customs selection that HT did, so it has to retain the IM aspect.

Was done by Mr. Shinkawa himself.

Seriously man... if that thing ever goes on auction on Ebay (which I doubt), I'll try my best to get it :gah:. It's a work of art.

We'll have ourselves a good ol' fashioned bidding war then. :lol

Seriously though, tis a thing of beauty.

its taking a while for the figures to have pics released, the saddest part is after we eventually see them we will have to w8 another year for the figures to be release, i want snake now =(

I dont know how much longer I can wait for this....MetalBoss Im looking at you.

Hoping to see more announcements soon! :slap

This is my Grail, i pray Hot Toys make at least 4 figures, i dont want this line to fade away like others.

Yup, it's my grail, too - the figures to end it all for me as a collector. After getting the MGS figures, along with 89 Batman and Joker, I'm going to retire from figure collecting (and perhaps, even the Sideshow forum). It was really my interest in Metal Gear Solid that got me into this hobby, when I first started to collect the 1/6 scale Medicom figures.

This is my Grail, i pray Hot Toys make at least 4 figures, i dont want this line to fade away like others.

Metal Gear is quite the franchise, bigger than most. I don't see them doing 2 figures then disappearing.
They've got such a wealth of characters, even if they only concentrated on Snake.

Also us Metal Gear fanboys are hardcore collectors too haha. Im sue HT are gonna please

Metal Gear is quite the franchise, bigger than most. I don't see them doing 2 figures then disappearing.
They've got such a wealth of characters, even if they only concentrated on Snake.

Also us Metal Gear fanboys are hardcore collectors too haha. Im sue HT are gonna please

I agree. They need to make their MGS line as big as Resident Evil, if not bigger. There's so much potential for MGS compared to everything else that Hot Toys has been doing.

I hope so, but with the trend of the Thor line getting only 2 figures and no word on anything else, the Watchmen line stopping after 2 figures, the Tron line stopping after two figures is concerns me greatly

I agree. They need to make their MGS line as big as Resident Evil, if not bigger. There's so much potential for MGS compared to everything else that Hot Toys has been doing.

i tried to say this in an Iron Man thread when discussing that line getting milked while others are left in the dust, i explained that MGS has been going since the late '80's and has a rich history or story and character characters, they say that Iron Man 1 & 2 as well as Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have a richer history :slap

It seems that recently unless its batman, iron man or predator the line is limited to few figures and often left in-complete. :(

i tried to say this in an Iron Man thread when discussing that line getting milked while others are left in the dust, i explained that MGS has been going since the late '80's and has a rich history or story and character characters, they say that Iron Man 1 & 2 as well as Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have a richer history :slap

It seems that recently unless its batman, iron man or predator the line is limited to few figures and often left in-complete. :(

Honestly, I don't find those responses surprising, to say the least. The DC and Marvel sections are full of newbs who believe that Hot Toys revolves around either Iron Man or Nolan's Batman.

I really do understand your concern. On the plus side, MGS did win Hot Toys' poll several months ago, so we can only hope that they'll put out more than just a few figures. But, I'm still wondering what's the reason for the hold up :(.

Sorry to play devils advocate here but I don't agree that Metal Gear is more worthy of a larger quantity than some of those other lines... Well maybe Iron man because it's excessive though I know it sells well.

It's one of my all time favorites, I'm a big fan of the games characters and stories but I don't argue there is more potential for figures than other lines. Would I love something like a sniper wolf, a relatively minor character in the spectrum of things? Hell yes I would but the truth is like any other lisence and they have sooooo many that it will just be a skimming of the surface.

I anticipate they can only afford to do 2 or 3. They teased boss and naked snake and i would assume thats the end of it.

Realistically who would get made? Don't bank on any more than those two, solid snake, ocelot or ninja being made... Those are te most popular/ most iconic MGS characters arguably.

I mean these guys have the Star Wars license... You think MGS is a top priority despite it's popularity... Even with star wars I'd besurprused to see more outside of luke leia vader and Han... There is just too much...

Sorry to play devils advocate here but I don't agree that Metal Gear is more worthy of a larger quantity than some of those other lines... Well maybe Iron man because it's excessive though I know it sells well.

It's one of my all time favorites, I'm a big fan of the games characters and stories but I don't argue there is more potential for figures than other lines. Would I love something like a sniper wolf, a relatively minor character in the spectrum of things? Hell yes I would but the truth is like any other lisence and they have sooooo many that it will just be a skimming of the surface.

I anticipate they can only afford to do 2 or 3. They teased boss and naked snake and i would assume thats the end of it.

Realistically who would get made? Don't bank on any more than those two, solid snake, ocelot or ninja being made... Those are te most popular/ most iconic MGS characters arguably.

I mean these guys have the Star Wars license... You think MGS is a top priority despite it's popularity... Even with star wars I'd besurprused to see more outside of luke leia vader and Han... There is just too much...

well Resident Evil had a butt load of figures. but i'd say the MGS franchise has more potential to get milked.

for example with Snake alone theres:

Solid Snake - MGS1 version, MGS2 version(incl Pliskin suit), MGS4 etc...

Grey Fox

Raiden - MGS2, MGS4 and Rising versions

BigBoss - MGS3 fatigues, Sneaking suit. Peace Walker Sneaking suit, Fatigues. Portable Ops etc....

all the BigBoss figures could potentialy have the same face sculpt. Not sure about MGS4 but i think at least Snake from MGS1-3 are manditory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back