OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

well i know they do it whenever they want. what i meant to ask is if they have shown stuff at TGS before. for example im quite confident they'll show the Metal Gear Play Arts figures there

About the same as them being shown at Comic Con and the toy show they had in Asia just last month.

They'll show them when they are ready. It is a video game license and Hot Toys has shown that they are not a priority and take a back seat to their movie licenses.

I think you're right. Also, in my opinion, I think Hot Toys will want to showcase their prospective MGS figures next year at one of the comic conventions (that they missed this year). It just seems highly unlikely that we'll see anything for MGS up for pre-order before the figures even have a chance for public viewing. Especially since many of the current videogame masterpiece figures were shown at past SDCCs and Anicoms.

It seems rather long for MGS though. It's nearly a year since Hot Toys announced the MGS license.

well i know they do it whenever they want. what i meant to ask is if they have shown stuff at TGS before. for example im quite confident they'll show the Metal Gear Play Arts figures there

I highly doubt Hot Toys will announce anything at TGS. They did showcase their Assassin's Creed II figure at last year's TGS, but it was already revealed months before (and so was every other figure that was showcased).

Anyone think this long wait is because of the Inflames Headplay situation? Or are they waiting for the release of MGS 3D or MGS HD Collection?

Nope. I think it's simply because they're still working on the figure(s)

They have too many licenses on their plate

I think like many of the other figures there waiting for 2012 since that's the MGS 25th anniversary.

even though they said it would come out this year im thinking the same thing about 3As Rex

Everything in that one poll has been shown and is up for pre-orders. Conveniently MGS isnt. And it won the poll too.

Everything in that one poll has been shown and is up for pre-orders. Conveniently MGS isnt. And it won the poll too.
:lol

What was the point of that poll? :cuckoo:

You know looking at the new renders for the 3DS version i'd say this suit is quit complex compared to their usual stuff. but i dunno what do ya'll think?

chara_snake.jpg

I just hope they don't give them rubber suits or suits that would restrict articulation/poses a lot

Anyone think this long wait is because of the Inflames Headplay situation? Or are they waiting for the release of MGS 3D or MGS HD Collection?

I would suspect that something is up. This kind of delay is just unheard of for Hot Toys. Plus, they've even announced some new figures for the following year, but there's zilch about MGS.

Besides having too many licenses on their plate, I think that there are several other possible scenarios for the delay:

(1 a) Hot Toys was planning something similar to Headplay's bootleg, but he beat them to the punch. And/or, (1 b) Headplay somehow got his hands on Hot Toys' source material for MGS and ripped it off. This then forced Hot Toys to go back to the drawing board to create something different than what they originally intended.

(2) Yoji Shinkawa isn't ready. Shinkawa likes to personally direct the creation of MGS figures, and so far, we've only seen pictures of him working on the Play Arts MGS figure line. Perhaps he's just waiting to get the Play Arts figures out of the way before dedicating his time to Hot Toys.

(3) MGS 3DS being delayed until next year. It's possible that the Hot Toys MGS figures were supposed to fall directly in line for MGS 3DS, but as a result of 3DS being delayed, the MGS figures were delayed as well.

But, regardless of what the cause for the delay is, Hot Toys needs to address this issue and tell us something, instead of keeping us waiting like this. December is a mere three months away - almost a year since Hot Toys announced the MGS license.

I would suspect that something is up. This kind of delay is just unheard of for Hot Toys. Plus, they've even announced some new figures for the following year, but there's zilch about MGS.

(2) Yoji Shinkawa isn't ready. Shinkawa likes to personally direct the creation of MGS figures, and so far, we've only seen pictures of him working on the Play Arts MGS figure line. Perhaps he's just waiting to get the Play Arts figures out of the way before dedicating his time to Hot Toys.

Its definitely not unheard of, look at Superman:lecture

I guess you could be right about Shinkawa, if that's the case then its for the best, but if i recall when they showed a pic of Shinkawa working on the medicom OldSnake it was more or less done. besides i don't think HT would let Hideo tweet a pic of it development.

Im also not sure a delay in the game would stop HT from at least giving a sneak peek. can't they show the figure then put it up for P.O for next year?

Its definitely not unheard of, look at Superman:lecture

I guess you could be right about Shinkawa, if that's the case then its for the best, but if i recall when they showed a pic of Shinkawa working on the medicom OldSnake it was more or less done. besides i don't think HT would let Hideo tweet a pic of it development.

Im also not sure a delay in the game would stop HT from at least giving a sneak peek. can't they show the figure then put it up for P.O for next year?

It might very well happen that way. But man I just want Hot Toys to give us something. :monkey2 :impatient:

(3) MGS 3DS being delayed until next year. It's possible that the Hot Toys MGS figures were supposed to fall directly in line for MGS 3DS, but as a result of 3DS being delayed, the MGS figures were delayed as well

For me is that, they are waiting the release for MGS 3D, also they announced the licence with an image of the models for MGS 3D
33l2wap.jpg

By the way I like how the models look
main.png

I would love to see a Naked Snake With the Tiger Stripe camo instead of this.
chara_snake.jpg

I hope Hot Toys' MGS line isnt as terrible has the rest of their Video Games Masterpiece line excluding Eizio.

So these figs are gonna be from Snake Eater? Meh gotta say I'd much rather see HT do something Medi hasn't done already.

Personally I'd love to see them do PS1 MGS. Just picturing what a HT Ninja/Grey Fox, Psycho Mantis, and Snake would look like makes me all giddy.

vulcan raven, sniper wolf, ocelot, solid, liquid, mantis, grey fox, damn i can't wait to see all the bosses and their accessories. i thought this line was for more than just mgs3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back