OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

So that everybody will know it is better no to wait when it comes to HT and MGS. And you better give your bucks for figures from them crappy new Star Wars Movies or the 5th release of an Ironman. Thats why! :lecture

Finally got a PS3, and good thing Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is being released in Australia on 14-Feb! :clap

Actually, Hot Toys doesn't have to make MGS figures - they can announce they have the license, but - and it's not unheard of - they, as the owners, could essentially pay to ensure no one else makes licensed figures of MGS. It's been done before and I'm sure it'll be done in the future.

I'm saddened to think they'd announce a license like this over a year ago and not have done anything with it - not even a hint at what they'll be doing or when they'll be doing it.

Disappointing to fans - and it'll no doubt turn some fans off completely, no matter how good the figures are. That said, I'm guessing they're waiting until the new Raiden game is released so there's at least some video game industry buzz about something MG before they release anything.

The 25th anniversary and release of the HD collection AND Play Arts Kai figures is more than enough industry buzz to get HT moving, more than that Non-MGS Raiden slash 'em up game

And you better keep your bucks away from figures from the 5th release of the same Ironman. so they finally move on from them

Fixed for Accuracy :wave

I'm saddened to think they'd announce a license like this over a year ago and not have done anything with it - not even a hint at what they'll be doing or when they'll be doing it.

Not the first time HT has done this; it took them over 18 months from when they announced their Avatar license, till they actually showed the first figure.

Not the first time HT has done this; it took them over 18 months from when they announced their Avatar license, till they actually showed the first figure.

If thats the case we have another 5 months to wait. Foreal tho i know it'll definitely be shown and/or released this year since its the 25th anniversary.

I highly doubt their strategy has anything to do with games releases. What the delay could be about right now is the release of 3As Rex and the Play Arts collection tearing ____ up!

That stuff is soo awesome maybe konami/HT are thinking it'll effect HTs release?

I can't believe we still don't know what characters will be made first.

Bring on Solid Snake and Liquid first!

I want the entire Foxhound crew from MGS1 :rock

That's possible but unlikely me thinks, Hot Toys has a bigger fanbase than 3A or Play Arts

Yeah but the fanbase they are aiming for is Metal Gear fans mostly id imagine. If HT had released the figs right now my bank would have no chance, i would have to miss out. Im gonna say we'll see something by the summer.

@DarkSpider

The teaser we were given was MGS3 Sneaking suit Snake and The Boss. So that'll be the first figs. Honestly they are last on my list. I wanna see MGS1, 2 and 4 stuff in my mind first

Yeah but the fanbase they are aiming for is Metal Gear fans mostly id imagine. If HT had released the figs right now my bank would have no chance, i would have to miss out. Im gonna say we'll see something by the summer.

@DarkSpider

The teaser we were given was MGS3 Sneaking suit Snake and The Boss. So that'll be the first figs. Honestly they are last on my list. I wanna see MGS1, 2 and 4 stuff in my mind first

Yeah I remember but then there were some rumors that it'd be Snake and Liquid first.

With the 25th anniversary I guess we'll know soon enough

As close as we have gotten to news I guess

ask2.jpg

So all it basically said is: We like Resident Evil and Metal Gear. We don't want to make any other game characters right now. Nothing about when to expect anything.

:monkey4

At least you know they're still thinking about MGS, if not developing the products.

My guess is that they're a fair way through development but not at a stage where they want to show anything - or perhaps they need licensor approval to show stuff

I guess what most of us want to know is why Hot Toys announced the license if they weren't even close to showing or releasing anything at all?

This news makes me optimistic that we should see something MGS related soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back