Official Hot Toys Appleseed pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really enjoyed it...just turned it off actually. it could have easily been a 2 or three part movie so they could have flushed more background stuff out but I really enjoyed it. I'll definitely check out Ghost. Thanks for the info. Glad there is going to be a follow-up movie.

If the sequel is anything like the first Appleseed then it will probably be amazing. I love this kind of cyber-punk sci-fi, can't get enough of it. The background stuff unfortunately was not explained as much as it could have. If they did go into all the background stuff the movie would probably be like 3 hours long.
Glad you liked it.

And together, gives you an idea just how big Briareos will be, is it just me, or is this art!-

Briareos_Deunan_01.jpg

Briareos_Deunan_02.jpg

Briareos_Deunan_03.jpg

Briareos_Deunan_05.jpg

Briareos_Deunan_04.jpg

I'm not that big a fan of Appleseed but my god those are beautiful!

I havnt seen the Appleseed movie but after seeing those two figures, i want to buy the movie and the figures:D

My heart just about stopped seeing those amazing figures. As a Appleseed fan, I was hoping and waiting for some descent 12" figures, but this is simply way beyond my expectations. I can't wait to order these! I just wish you guys would stop giving SSC funny ideas about what they can/will/ charge for these items! :thwak This hobby is already expensive enough as it is. :D

But...

Awesome! Sideshow will be selling them! ... Looking at how much more elaborate these figures are compared to the RE figures, I'm expecting Deunan to be about $150, and Briareos to be about $200.
:eek: ...

... by judging what SSC dares to charge for the Resident Evil figures, you are probably right! It's so disturbing to see the prices of the Hot Toys figures going up so insanely fast ; from $80-90ish for the (very well equipped) Alien Marines and early Predators, to $150 for the Resident Evil figures! Why? Are the more recent figures so much better than the earlier ones? Guess it's the rules of market: higher demand makes for higher prices... Thanks Sideshow! Who's going to buy these figures when we run out of funds? Oh, yes, the OTHER collectors, right!

Last edited:
... by judging what SSC dares to charge for the Resident Evil figures, you are probably right! It's so disturbing to see the prices of the Hot Toys figures going up so insanely fast ; from $80-90ish for the (very well equipped) Alien Marines and early Predators, to $150 for the Resident Evil figures! Why? Are the more recent figures so much better than the earlier ones? Guess it's the rules of market: higher demand makes for higher prices... Thanks Sideshow! Who's going to buy these figures when we run out of funds? Oh, yes, the OTHER collectors, right!

There are several factors that go into the price. Of course the licensing fee is one. But probably the biggest is the development costs. These Appleseed figures and the Predators and the RE figures are all pretty unique and require a lot of design and tooling to manufacture, therefore the higher prices. The Aliens Marines were not a whole lot different than the normal military figures that HT has been putting out for years, so there was a lot of stuff on them that they already had done the design and tooling for and hence, the lower price point.

There are several factors that go into the price. Of course the licensing fee is one. But probably the biggest is the development costs. These Appleseed figures and the Predators and the RE figures are all pretty unique and require a lot of design and tooling to manufacture, therefore the higher prices. The Aliens Marines were not a whole lot different than the normal military figures that HT has been putting out for years, so there was a lot of stuff on them that they already had done the design and tooling for and hence, the lower price point.

If you want to belive that to make you feel comfortable with that ridiculous high price, fine... But tell me, how can it be that TOY SQUARE offers the Resident Evil figures $25 cheaper than Sideshow? $25! Not $5, not $10, not $15, but $25!!!
Take the blue pill, [SIZE=-1]and believe whatever you want to believe![/SIZE]

If you want to belive that to make you feel comfortable with that ridiculous high price, fine... But tell me, how can it be that TOY SQUARE offers the Resident Evil figures $25 cheaper than Sideshow? $25! Not $5, not $10, not $15, but $25!!!

If you don't like Sideshow's prices, don't buy from Sideshow. It's not as if they are the only source. I'm not defending their prices, but if I had to guess, I would say that the price difference is probably due to the fact that Resident Evil is called "Biohazard" in Asia and the Sideshow versions will probably come in packaging specifically designed for the American market much with the Resident Evil logos and such. Much the same way that the Terminator Endo was repackaged for Sideshow with Terminator 2 logos and no reference to the other Terminator figures Hot Toys put out.

This would seem to make sense because most of the other Hot Toys releases that Sideshow has distributed have been on par price-wise with Toys2. If I was a betting person, I would say that Sideshow will have the Appleseed figures priced within $10 of what Toys2 has them.

Anyway, I'm no Sideshow lackey, I just call it the way I see it.

I don't think he was explaining SS's price of HT's figures....he was explaining the price of HT figures in general.

I'm sure HT and SS contract a set price for SS to sell the figures for. Plus isn't Toy2 in Canada, if so then there is the exchange rate to factor in the total amount they are making plus the shipping might be more from Toys2 compared to what SS charges.

I put a $129.99 figure in my cart at toys2 and the shipping was $24....the total cost being $155....this same figure SS sells for $149 with $8 shipping so the total cost is $157 so the overall cost is about the same even though the list price at Toys2 is $20 cheaper.

I've been a fan of Appleseed since the first time it came out in the 80's. The 2004 version was fantastic and I never would have thought they would come out with Appleseed figures.

My dream has come true. I am so getting these without question.

I've been a fan of Appleseed since the first time it came out in the 80's. The 2004 version was fantastic and I never would have thought they would come out with Appleseed figures.

My dream has come true. I am so getting these without question.

I came into this the other way around, I rented the movie because of this thread and seeing these figures and am thinking about picking these up, just because of how amazing they look and I thought the movie was great. but it depends on how close the Resident Evil figs ship.

Pricing has gotten a little out of hand lately. But I feel that some of it is warranted. For instance, the AVP Predators all wore the same armor and weapons. It's only a few items that were different from the others. Same goes for the Colonial Marines, they share the same exact armor even if it means inaccuracies at times (can opener on the groin armor). So, much of the cost of development was spread out over multiple releases, something they were planning all along. But Pred 2, has unique armor that won't appear anywhere else, and I don't see much reuse with the Appleseed or Res. Evil figures. So I think much of the slight overpricing is warranted on these figures. I might not like paying more, but it's understandable here.

However, Hot Toys' insensitive release scheduling of Four Res. Evil and Two Appleseed figures at the same time is unacceptable. I had a hard enough time trying to get all the Aliens and Predator figures, some of which I'm still missing. Now I have at least Three figures that will become harder to find at a later date if I don't pick them up right away. I really wish HT would try and release these things slowly over the period of a year. :banghead

i really enjoyed it...just turned it off actually. it could have easily been a 2 or three part movie so they could have flushed more background stuff out but I really enjoyed it. I'll definitely check out Ghost. Thanks for the info. Glad there is going to be a follow-up movie.

The first Anime Appleseed seemed nearly the same as the second CGI movie. But between the two, the CGI movie was more enjoyable, especially the ending. I'm hoping Ex Machina will be more original. I definitely prefer Ghost In The Shell over Appleseed. If you're planing on watching them, the first GITS movie and GITS Stand Alone Complex TV series are great. But I really didn't like the second GITS movie "Innocence", I found it a little boring.

anyone know if the deunan figure has a regular hot toys body underneath that armor? or one of those bendy hidden joint figures like the ht rambo..?also that umm... flightsuit doesnt look liek it can be removed, so is that the base body, as in a base body with permanent clothes - no nude figure underneath?god i cant get the right words to explain this in english so i hope someone understands me. .. just wondering:/

Last edited:
Gonna have to check out the movie. By the way whats with the bunny ears on the cyborg???:rotfl

Takara is also making these 2.

takaradeunan.jpg

I think they're more expensive.

Back