Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dobby looks very good in person, in promotional photos, he looked super depressing, nice to see smile/hope in those eyes, however bitter it is

Man, I gave my Snape and Mad Eye to a buddy to sell having lost interest and thinking the line was dead but seeing.....Luscious there...Man, I don't know. I know he hasn't sold them yet. Hmmm....

Hermione looks really good now that they fixed the sculpt and hair but I have yet to see up close pictures. Lucius looks stunning, I'm a big fan of that release.

The dementor however...is complete garbage. It's an odd mix of clean cut cloth and rough fabric and then the head sculpt is not what one looks like in the slightest, the arms are inaccurate. The only thing salvageable about that design is some of the cloth bits. It needs a complete rework and hopefully in the 1:6 scale too because it would be nice to have a dementor figure in the larger scale. Where the hell did they get the reference material for it though?? When I first saw it I was confused and thinking it wasn't part of the HP line but something else but damn.

You can see pictures of the dementor on the link on the previous paige that Thegreengoblin posted. It's 1/8 though. An yes it's not looking like the movie damentor.

I'm definitely getting the Lucius Malfoy figure. The sculpt looks really well done. I wasn't able to make it to NYCC this year, but my friend snapped some pictures for me. This is the best I have, in case anyone wants to see him closer up.

PTfQPgb.jpg

Great shot! Been hoping to see a better picture than the ToyArk ones to get a little more detail...

I think I would have preferred them going with his "normal" dress instead of the DeathEater garb personally.

The sculpt is good, though not quite as tall a home run as I was hoping when I saw the original first blurry pics, but still good.

I'm also a little fearful of the rooted hair on this one. With the Dumbledores, a lot of the hair is held in check with the wizard hats, and Hagrid's hair is meant to be fairly wild. But if we can't somehow tame Lucius' hair, he could wind up looking like a trans-gender Barbie....we can't have that.

I think Lucius looks werry good. Wil definitely get him. Katiemarie090, du you have i good photo of the POA Hermione?

Can't believe no close up pictures of the updated POA Hermione have made their way onto the internet.

I forget the channel but there was a pretty close-up video of Hermione on Youtube - they were highlighting all the StarAce figs from the show.

I wish StarAce had commissioned K.A. Kim again.

Back