Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still would be cool if they branched out a bit and did some more of the students and teachers from the earlier years. Maybe with the new smaller scale thats where we could be getting the more secondary characters like Neville, Seamus, Oliver, Percy, Fred and George, Mr and Mrs Weasley and so on.

I'm not collecting these because it's a slippery slope but man, this thread is awesome. You all have some amazing stuff going on. Really enjoying all of the creative set-ups and such.

What happened to the Fantastic Beasts/Newt Scamander figure?

I remember someone posting here they were working on a Eddie Redmayne face, but don't think I ever saw any more and now the infamous Molecule 8 appears to have both the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts licenses.

Yeah, I've been wondering about that figure too, really want a Newt figure. :pray: I hope it is that they are waiting for the second film release and not that they have shelved it or no longer have the licence.

Hmm...this just popped up on Ikon Collectibles as a Preorder for September...

https://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/products/category/search/SATSA0026

"Harry Potter - Hermione Granger (Uniform) 12" 1:6 Scale Action Figure

AVAILABILITY: Pre-Order
ETA: 30th September 2017
MANUFACTURER: Star Ace Toys
SHIPPER QTY: 8
UPC: 4897057880268
CODE: SATSA0026"

Completely different info from "Teenage Hermione" so I wonder if they are altering head sculpts and switching the heads (POA Hermione looks vastly older than she should for year 3), or doing yet another Hermione release...No pictures so anythings possible I guess. Here's the POA Hermione just to compare the listings. https://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/products/category/search/SATSA0027

Kinda giving up on ever actually getting a deathly hallows Harry. When was the last announcement for a new figure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just my opinion, and it isn't worth much since I didn't dive into this line...... But I think they made a mistake in releasing a year 1 Harry, followed by year 3 (and apparently no Ron to boot) and year 4 Harry. I think after the year 1 trio they should've went directly to the more grown up versions, like DH.

No, I take that back. I actually think they should've made the older versions FIRST.

I was tempted by this line, but I would've only wanted year 5 or older figures of the school kids - and there's no way I would've collected multiple versions of the characters.

Last edited:
Me too...seems like ages ago - I can't even remember! :dunno It's a bit worrying.

It's really frustrating, all I'm really after is a deathly hallows Harry to display with my Voldemort. But I can't see it happening. Might even sell my Voldemort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Star Ace would be just a TINY bit active with the collecting community so that fans knew what was going on. How hard is it really to take 10 minutes a month even and have the smallest presence in the collecting community?

When we don't hear any news for months and months and there's no sneak peeks to speak of, people jump ship assuming the line is going down in flames.

Hagrid, Dumbledore, Malfoy and the Year 3 kids all SEEM to have sold well, but with no one to comment from Star Ace, everything feels doom and gloom.

Hmm...this just popped up on Ikon Collectibles as a Preorder for September...

"Harry Potter - Hermione Granger (Uniform) 12" 1:6 Scale Action Figure
[snip]

It looks like its also up on Sideshow. It seems the same to me, except for without the casual wear, which is how they cut $20 off. I am wondering if my Preorder will be cancelled on the other one and if this is a replacement, or if they are trying to do a second less expensive version. I am mostly confused because the dates keep changing, this one looks like its Sept/Oct, which makes me think that neither version will be out before Q4.

They really are dropping the ball on these POA Hermiones...

I'm still incredibly annoyed that the hair is completely wrong, face is too old, the pink outfit doesn't have the rainbow belt or accurate shoes, the hoodie is the wrong shade of pink, etc:

2a2c0c09dc8e53e424384810ba6ea220.jpg

but the version in the robes is missing her sweater which she had in the film. She only didnt wear it in the scene in Hagrid's Paddock with Buckbeak. If need be just stick Harry's sweater in the box along with everything else too, dropping one costume and $20 doesn't make that a great buy in the slightest especially with all the inaccuracies.

This is such a mess - Harry was such a great release and it's looking like Dumbledore turned out nicely from early photos. A lot of people aired criticisms of the Hermione figure last year and there was time to fix that and now offering the same thing without one outfit? lol good luck with that SA. :lol

Yeah, they really botched this Hermione, which is a shame, because Harry and Dumbledore (just saw Michael's review) turned out so well. I really doubt that they made any effort to fix Hermione, otherwise they probably would have issued new images with the new product listing.

I've said it before, I believe that they intended to make an older Hermione, and then for whatever reason they decided to focus on POA and they wound up using the same head. It's really lazy, and you can see how they seem to think we won't notice by calling there 9" Voldemort a Goblet of Fire version instead of what it really is, a DH Voldemort.

I may have spoken too soon.

Some guy named Paul Cho on the Star Ace Facebook page, appears to be working for Star Ace, and he's saying that Hermione will have a new head sculpt and that they'll be showing pictures soon.

He's been answering questions and comments in the post for the 1/8 scale figures. Sounds like the DC CW figures will be in that scale as well as Underworld figures. It sounds like they'll be focusing pretty heavily in the scale for other lines.

He's also saying that they'll be announcing more 1/6 Harry Potter figures. He mentioned some of them would be dark side characters so, perhaps Lucious Malfoy and Bellatrix could be on the horizon. He said that Newt Scamander is under final painting and should be going up for PO by the end of Q2 and that he'll come with some "gimmick".

It'd be cool if Dave could confirm that this guy does work with Star Ace, and if the reworked Hermione head sculpt is the reason for the delay.

All of this info seems to have been posted on May 4th. If this guy is legit, he has seriously reinvigorated my interest in the line.

Thanks for the update Green Goblin. Had a read of the Star Ace facebook page and the replies from Paul Cho (if correct) provide some very welcome news on this line.

I may have spoken too soon.It'd be cool if Dave could confirm that this guy does work with Star Ace, and if the reworked Hermione head sculpt is the reason for the delay.

All of this info seems to have been posted on May 4th. If this guy is legit, he has seriously reinvigorated my interest in the line.

replies from Paul Cho (if correct) provide some very welcome news on this line.

Paul Cho is Star Ace's main Customer Services guy, in charge of all the figures, answerable to the owner.

He is definitely "legit" :rotfl

I'm certainly hoping that all that comes true - I'm not keen on this whole 8" thing, but the HP news sounds good, especially since it opens the potential for Bellatrix. And just because this thread needs a new photo:

review_dumbledore2_1.jpg

So the star ace dc figures are happening but only in this scale? Mehhhh. I'm surprised that thread is not popping in the dc forum.

Still...I'm happy to hear there's some news. I still haven't ordered Harry and Hermione but I still plan on it. Just trying to budget them in with my already big preorder list of Hot toys, 3zero and qmx stuff.

Back