Official Enterbay-Hot Toys Bruce Lee Line General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Enterbay Bruce Lee Line Thread

Pretty good, but the face looks a little bit squished. If they elongated the head a bit it would look a lot more like Bruce. Arnie's headsculpt was better, more accurate proportions.

2 heads and 2 bodies for HKD 2000 ($257), PO in HK shop(s)...

HT's DX04... 2heads and 2 bodies cost around USD230-240.

2 heads AND 2 bodies for this money? If this turns out to be the case, and the final product reflects the progress to date, I might just bite. I've got the DX04 Ex. coming - and I've got FoF Bruce on the shelf already. Do I really want 3 Bruces on display, that's the question...

Default DX04 + one body ... you can have 3 already..
+

EB's.... that 5 Bruce(s) if you want to...

I've got the DX04 Ex. coming - and I've got FoF Bruce on the shelf already. Do I really want 3 Bruces on display, that's the question...

I have the same situation, BUT being The Bruce Lee fan I was since I was 4 years old, the answer would be a RESOUNDING YES!

Default DX04 + one body ... you can have 3 already..
+

EB's.... that 5 Bruce(s) if you want to...

ok, now I feel like an idiot for not having even thought about this possibility :lol

Now that I am looking at a decently fleshed-out Bruce shelf of 5 figures, it looks like the only thing preventing me from jumping on this bandwagon is if EB somehow make a mess of it. Why I imagined that 2011 might be a cheaper year than 2010 for my hobby wants I don't know...

ok, now I feel like an idiot for not having even thought about this possibility :lol

Now that I am looking at a decently fleshed-out Bruce shelf of 5 figures, it looks like the only thing preventing me from jumping on this bandwagon is if EB somehow make a mess of it. Why I imagined that 2011 might be a cheaper year than 2010 for my hobby wants I don't know...

You know what honestly, ever since Bill told me on chat that this is going to be a full rubber-body figure, I've been hesitant to buy it. I have seen all the rubber body HT's of my friends and trust me its a LOT A LOT of hassle to maintain. Also posability is reduced by almost 60%, and a sad Bruce Lee with limited Posability is... like having a Steven Seagal figure :D

Thats why Im trying to get hold of the older GoD Nokia release to have the GoD set complete, If i dont get the Nokia, Ill try the original release. Rubber bodies are a _____, and also Enterbays recent QC in their releases left a LOT to be desired, its a risky move their making. I wish them the best... I dont want to be stuck with a rubberstature of Bruce Lee which will keep picking up dust and become sticky in some time. Id rather buy the HD-1002

You know what honestly, ever since Bill told me on chat that this is going to be a full rubber-body figure, I've been hesitant to buy it. I have seen all the rubber body HT's of my friends and trust me its a LOT A LOT of hassle to maintain. Also posability is reduced by almost 60%, and a sad Bruce Lee with limited Posability is... like having a Steven Seagal figure :D

Thats why Im trying to get hold of the older GoD Nokia release to have the GoD set complete, If i dont get the Nokia, Ill try the original release. Rubber bodies are a _____, and also Enterbays recent QC in their releases left a LOT to be desired, its a risky move their making. I wish them the best... I dont want to be stuck with a rubberstature of Bruce Lee which will keep picking up dust and become sticky in some time. Id rather buy the HD-1002
How do you maintain a rubber body? What sort of stuff do you have to do?

Yeh, the articulation is certainly an issue - especially with a Bruce Lee figure - and after Ip Man I am concerned about their QC. I can't imagine EB making a mess of Bruce Lee - surely they couldn't afford to stuff up their pride and joy.

Re: rubber bodies, King Leonidas is one of my fave figures - kept behind glass he's a gem. I'll enjoy him for as long as it takes for his body to deteriorate, which may not happen for many years. Can't pose his way out of a paper bag, but this doesn't matter to me with this figure. Bruce on the other hand... if he can't pose fluidly and easily I'd have to ask myself why I don't just by a statue.

Easy cheap solution: Get cheap EB's BL bodies (BL 2.0/2.5/3.0). Transfer head/cloths on to the old body. Sell the seemless body. You can even make some money ... with the price of some seemless body going for on ebay.

I suspect EB will provide only one seemless body and one jointed body (I might be wrong, it will be most excellent if it's 2 seemless bodies)

Bruce on the other hand... if he can't pose fluidly and easily I'd have to ask myself why I don't just by a statue.
:exactly:

Easy cheap solution: Get cheap EB's BL bodies (BL 2.0/2.5/3.0). Transfer head/cloths on to the old body. Sell the seemless body. You can even make some money ... with the price of some seemless body going for on ebay.

I suspect EB will provide only one seemless body and one jointed body (I might be wrong, it will be most excellent if it's 2 seemless bodies)

Im not a fleabayer, and honestly Im not into selling stuff I bought, Id rather procure a headsculpt only of the release BUT honestly the headsculpts on this release arent that great at all, the previous ones had the 'Bruce' in them, these have something wierd going on. YJ's looks like a lookalike and thus pictured on certain angles, and Arnie's smiling headsculpt has been kinda ruined. His smile looks so constipated. If you look closely at Arnie's original and the one Enterbay's done painted you'll see that Arnie's Bruce's smile was more natural and cheeks were pulled fuller, here in the proto it looks as if Bruce's is grimacing from a blow to his ____...

Also Im sure EB will produce NO EXTRA bodies with these release, there will be ONLY ONE body, also we have to keep in mind whether the Headsculpt will be compatible with the older BL bodies. Of the loose BL Bodies I prefer ONLY the BL3.5. I wish the 2.5's were given the same ankle joint treatment as the 3.5's. I will be surprised if Enterbay release these rubberbodies loose...

People have been quoted for it at HKD 2000 or USD257.. for EB's BL...
NOt bad...
Man this is gonna be my first Bruce Lee figure. Simply amazing and I see 100% Bruce in that sculpt. Does anyone have an idea of how much this will cost?? I dont see myself paying more than $220.

Good, more for us. :clap

this is what Bill said about the new GOD Bruce:

Enterbay Bill: Full specification data (Not photo) will be release this weekend, and development sample will be display at our Hong Kong Store this weekend, including price tag~

Hope it's not an astronomical price tag, but I bet it is.

What's a development sample, is it like a prototype? Does it provide a good indication of what the final product will look like?

What's a development sample, is it like a prototype? Does it provide a good indication of what the final product will look like?

Nope, that's all he said. I guess we will have info about the figure, but no pictures of the figure itself. And I think the development sample is indeed the proto that will be in their store.

Nope, that's all he said. I guess we will have info about the figure, but no pictures of the figure itself. And I think the development sample is indeed the proto that will be in their store.

That's good news. Here's hoping it blows us away with its awesomeness and reasonable pricing.

...and more hoping that this awesomeness makes it into production :)

He also said in his facebook:

Enterbay Bill: There will be "Ton" of accessories Plus Improved Wooden diorama to be announce soon~

Sounds expensive, haha.

Back