Official 12" Bespin Han Solo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made my Bespin Han look 100% better:

Gave Han the Trenchcoat from the Endor Trooper and in my opinion that little item of clothing elevated the figure to a new dimension. The Trooper looks fine without it, buy the way.

I think a fellow freak here had a fairly good explanation. He hypothesized that it appeared like the Bespin Han was actually originally sculpted to be the chubbier Harrison Ford ala ROTJ Han, hence the fullness of the face. And then, that after the sculpt was complete for one reason or another, it was decided to utilize him for a Bespin Han. This would explain both the chubbier face w/ jowls and also why the simple addition of a trench coat would improve the overall appearance by making him look more accurate.

I think a fellow freak here had a fairly good explanation. He hypothesized that it appeared like the Bespin Han was actually originally sculpted to be the chubbier Harrison Ford ala ROTJ Han, hence the fullness of the face. And then, that after the sculpt was complete for one reason or another, it was decided to utilize him for a Bespin Han. This would explain both the chubbier face w/ jowls and also why the simple addition of a trench coat would improve the overall appearance by making him look more accurate.

I agree. Besides the fact that the trenchcoat hides the tight-fitting jacket, which I feel is what causes the most problems with the over-all look of the figure, the trenchcoat provides a bulkier look to the figure and nullifys the mellon-head syndrome of the headsculpt. So in essence, everything looks proportionally better.

I was wondering what to use for the ROTJ Han figure! I'll have to get one of those trench coats! I already picked up a ANH Han Vest to replace the Jacket for a ROTJ look.

Basically only the blaster will be wrong at that point, and the differences are minor in the blastes, I can live with it. :)

Like others here, I was perfectly content with the Bespin Han until the ANH version was released. Posed next to the Smuggler version, the oddness of the face sculpt was glaringly apparent. I thought about throwing him in a closet or drawer out of sight, but that Bespin outfit looks just too cool to casually toss aside.

Luckily, I was able to snatch up a "nude" ANH Han body from Monkey Depot for about 12 bucks, I threw the Bespin outfit on him and voila'....a Bespin Han to be proud of.

Luckily, I was able to snatch up a "nude" ANH Han body from Monkey Depot for about 12 bucks, I threw the Bespin outfit on him and voila'....a Bespin Han to be proud of.

I was thinking of doing the same thing! How about a picture of your creation, denryanj?

And I was the one that brought up the idea about Bespin Han maybe being originally sculpted to be ROTJ Han. The look simply matches Harrison Ford during Jedi much better than Empire. I also figure since they started the line with ROTJ Luke, it would make sense SSC would make a Han to go with that Luke. They probably started working on Bespin Luke and decided to switch gears with Han after the sculpt was already done.

It's all speculation, of course. But you've got to admit, he looks more like Jedi Han than Bespin Han.

i too thought the jacket SS made was way tight and just wrong looking. totally made his head bigger. so i put on the hasbro jacket , lightened his hair, put on his mask which makes him look like ford. and voila! a bespin han i can love be proud of and display :)

i too thought the jacket SS made was way tight and just wrong looking. totally made his head bigger. so i put on the hasbro jacket , lightened his hair, put on his mask which makes him look like ford. and voila! a bespin han i can love be proud of and display :)

That's nice and all, and the Hasbro jacket surprisingly makes a big difference in the look but when all is said and done, you're still only hiding the jowls and it's a shame because it's a fairly decent likeness of Ford from ROTJ.

yes fairly being the key word for me. something a little TOO jowly for me i guess lol yeah i dont even mind him without the mask with the repaint and new jacket. but i tend to find a pose or look i like and keep it for awhile :)

thanks denryanj! always wondered what ANH would look like with the bespin outfit. he looks really good man! heres a couple more. sorry im taking these with a cell phone so not the best.

You've improved that likeness 100%. The hair and brows look much closer to Ford's natural coloring than that jet-black "Dr. Richard Kimble incognito" original paint app. And, as good as it looks as ESB Han, it really does scream ROTJ Han.

I'm also enjoying the fact that your Bespin Luke looks like he has a milk moustache in that pic.

thanks man! its funny but somehow the paint apps are always too dark on almost everyone it seems. the ANH han and luke are good recent examples. i know with the lighter colors , these guys would just POP!

oh yeah. i liked that fugitive reference lol

This is my repaint from years back.

img5297600tc2.jpg

Another example of selective repaints really bringing out the likenesses. Kudos on that Jedi Luke repaint. He no longer has orange hair, and his expression no longer screams "I'm about to be crushed by a Mack truck".

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments guys. I will repaint them again after I finish Legolas.

Here's the ANH Han with the Bespin outfit......(Mad Old Jim, where are you on the Jersey Shore? Anywhere near Point Pleasant?)

Img_1292.jpg

denryanj, the image is not showing up on any of my browsers :confused: (I tried a couple). Could you try to repost?

And I'm right near Red Bank, aka Kevin Smith land! It's about 20-30 minutes north of Point Pleasant. Know anyone there?

Back