Official 1/6 Leia as Boushh Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some mods on this fig. I'm pretty certain that HT is going to do this one, so I didn't go quite as far as I had planned. The SSC boots seem to have gone off so I had to make some new boots and I added a full range of articulation. The originals are a bit too short anyway.

I was putting the detonator ball back into the hand and noticed the paint has gone off and even the resin SSC used seems to have gone slightly soft. I'm going to cast it and make a new one, also so I can paint it to look more shiny metallic.

u6cHbQt.jpg

Looks great. Nice job on the boots.

still need to get myself this figure i keep missing the ones being bid up to less than £70 , just see one sell for £90 odd but not willing to pay that when a lot ofthem are selling quite low

what did you make the boots out of ? was it tricky to make them they look pretty good.

Looks great. Nice job on the boots.

Thanks guys. The boots use the shoe portion of the original figure, but I had to increase the size of the strap part (that goes over the ankle) and the big silver buckle by about 50%. It's close to half the size it should be. The upper portion is just some parts bin pleather I had - i think its Hasbro, likely from a Vader. The hasbro pleather takes paint a lot better than most other pleathers do for some reason.

I did reshape the helmet a bit - I changed the snout (length, angle and also rounded it) and reshaped the top "roof" portion of the helmet to be much more rounded. To me the original sculpt seemed too broad and sharp-edged and the snout seemed too long, too sharp-edged and the angle of the "mouth" seemed a bit off.

The color of the snout was way more difficult to match than I thought it would be - it's actually glued-on leather that's been weathered. I just bought some clear green so I'll be brushing a bit of that onto both the eye slit and that upper greenish "window" above the eye slit (which is the right color but it's too dull.)

z4lK55K.jpg

MiNNijO.jpg

I just got one of these, and there?s one problem: it was supposedly never opened, and it could be due to moisture build-up, but the rubber boots are all sticky. Anyone know of a way to preserve these?
I believe that's the clearcoat they used to preserve the paint on it breaking down.., I work at a paint store, there are plenty of products that reduce delamination and stave that sort of thing off. I actually bought a brand new boushh recently for the Ubese blaster that she has that comes with the exclusive. I had a bulk buy where the seller threw in an extra boushh too, so I'll have one to play with for parts / upgrading. Stay tuned and I'll let yall know what works best at taking care of the stickiness problem ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Interesting. Wouldn?t it have to be thinned down a bit with water, or something?
You cant thin sealer with water, there would be no chemical reaction, thus you have to use reducer if you want it to still work afterwards. You can get it for about 15-23ish bux for a qt from your local paint supply place. Just an fyi.

Picked this up last week and it is a nice figure, better than i was expecting. Came with both the stock and upgraded armor which was nice but a bit too thick mainly when viewed from the side, which I??[emoji769]m ok with. Some major futzing needed as well. I agree the outfit is a bit hasbro??[emoji769]ish with the thickness and spaced stitching but from a regular viewing distance still looks pretty damn cool. Might do a body swap if i find a nice KO body. Will never use the the Leia sculpt.
Still would like HT to do a Boushh and Chewie 2pk though.
As epic as it would be we didnt get a Solo Chewy because they cant seem to get him right and couldnt sell the last one for anything. Sucks I know, that would be the perfect 2 pack!

Did some mods on this fig. I'm pretty certain that HT is going to do this one, so I didn't go quite as far as I had planned. The SSC boots seem to have gone off so I had to make some new boots and I added a full range of articulation. The originals are a bit too short anyway.

I was putting the detonator ball back into the hand and noticed the paint has gone off and even the resin SSC used seems to have gone slightly soft. I'm going to cast it and make a new one, also so I can paint it to look more shiny metallic.

u6cHbQt.jpg

That looks so Fantastic!!! What did you do to her pants? They look so much better than the stock ones.

This thread inspired me to finally customize mine.

ROcsnwr.jpg

I've noticed on eBay there seems to be two different Sideshow versions of this. I have tried to figure out the differences or if one is more desirable than the other. Anyone shed any light on it?

That looks so Fantastic!!! What did you do to her pants? They look so much better than the stock ones.

This thread inspired me to finally customize mine.

ROcsnwr.jpg

Major improvement.:clap I like that custom armor too. I sort of stopped on mine because I felt like HT would do a Boussh sooner rather than later.

And yeah the SSC clown pants are awful. I took some thread, crumpled the pant pleats until they looked about right then sewed a rough couple of lines through them to hold the new ripples in place. You could possibly do the same thing with glue.

Two simpler things I did was extending the coat to make it a bit longer (though depends on the body you use) and recoloring the brown parts on the figure - they are too light and rust colored for me. Painting the helmet also is simple but adds a lot.

Remaking the boots was tricky but that makes the legs look better. Resculpting my helmet was pretty hard so wouldn't recommend doing that - the Tomy one looks pretty good without much effort.

Thank you very much. Looking through this thread, it seems like this release takes a lot of work to get it looking right. As much as I want to pick one up, I'm going to force myself not to.

Back