Obi's Shipping!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that I'm just spoiled from past experience. I always make sure that I get my order in the minute it goes up, and in the past I have always been one of the first to get my shipping notice as a result of that. It's also been very nice to get my package the next morning (in most cases...). This is the second straight item that has not been shipped out first come/first served, and it kind of bursts my bubble.

It's going to take a few more shipments for me to get used to the idea of not being one of the first to receive a new item... :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I'm almost always the first to get the notice and receive shipment. I guess they've decided they were being too nice to me...:sick

Darklord Dave said:
I'm almost always the first to get the notice and receive shipment. I guess they've decided they were being too nice to me...:sick

Nice shouldn't have anything to do with it!!! The first person to place an order should be the first to get one shipped out to them. The second person to place an order should receive the next one. The third person to place an order should be next in line, etc. Random processing of orders is a mild slap in the face to the loyal folks who sit around staring at the screen and refreshing so that they can get their order in the very second that the item goes up for sale.

And while some would argue this point, the general trend is that the first people to receive an item tend to get the lower numbers more often than not. You see the earlybirds with number 11 or 12 while the rest of us wait and get the 900's or 1800's a week or two later. Many of my early-to-ship items have been numbered in the first one or two hundred of the edition size and I love that. I will be interested in seeing what numbers go out to the first people to receive their exclusive Obi-Wans...

I'd have to disagree about the low numbers thing. Out of everything I've ever ordered, I think I've only gotten one item that was numbered under 100. So I do think the numbers are random.

Personally I think it should go geographically - if you live closer you're first out. It's only fair!

Darklord Dave said:
I'd have to disagree about the low numbers thing. Out of everything I've ever ordered, I think I've only gotten one item that was numbered under 100. So I do think the numbers are random.

Personally I think it should go geographically - if you live closer you're first out. It's only fair!

i disagree. if you liver further away it should go out first since it will take longer to get there. even if you got your notice on monday(got mine today) you would get yours before i did, although if you ordered yours first you should get a lower number.

Doesnt matter if I order it first or last, I just want what I order.

I don't care about being the "first" one to get it.

Next Tuesday is the scheduled date but I hope it gets here on Monday because I'm only working a half day and could go stare at it all day. Not to mention Tuesday is the start of my softball season and I don't want to leave that bad boy in my truck all night.

elwood49 said:
I don't mind waiting since I have a couple other pieces coming this week, but it is a little distressing that people on the wait list would get their order shipped before me. I liked how they shipped the Vaders out on a first come/first served basis.

I'm not sure how it's working that I've got two wait list items that have shipped out so quickly. I know it sucks for you all that ordered it away. I'm not gonna complain though cause I hate waiting.

tomandshell said:
Nice shouldn't have anything to do with it!!! The first person to place an order should be the first to get one shipped out to them. The second person to place an order should receive the next one. The third person to place an order should be next in line, etc. Random processing of orders is a mild slap in the face to the loyal folks who sit around staring at the screen and refreshing so that they can get their order in the very second that the item goes up for sale.

I agree if you place your order right away it should ship sooner but as I said above I'm not gonna complain because you all that live in CA get it the next day. Even if you ordered it months after me and it happens to be in the same shipment you get yours before mine so that's just how it goes. Sometimes you get the Bear. Sometimes the Bear gets you. LOL Slap in the face :rolleyes: I think anyone would agree here I'm pretty loyal to SS so my wait list getting shipped before yours is a mild slap in the face?

tomandshell said:
And while some would argue this point, the general trend is that the first people to receive an item tend to get the lower numbers more often than not. You see the earlybirds with number 11 or 12 while the rest of us wait and get the 900's or 1800's a week or two later. Many of my early-to-ship items have been numbered in the first one or two hundred of the edition size and I love that. I will be interested in seeing what numbers go out to the first people to receive their exclusive Obi-Wans...

Maybe with other companies but as a whole my numbers have been all over the place ordering direct from SS. I've gotten two really low numbers Pippin #7 and ML #13 to Boromir statue #1253 and Elessar 1459. So it really is a crap shoot. In the end if your that concered with the # you get that to me is just silly. (Not that you are persay Tom) As long as my Obi-Wan looks as good as the one in the pic did I'll be happy and I don't give a damn about the #.

I am unable to explain why I prefer low numbers. It makes no logical sense, I admit. But I like low numbers. If anybody out there who doesn't care gets a low number, I will gladly trade you...

And maybe "slap in the face" is not the appropriate term, (I did call it a mild slap!) I just meant that those who are sitting at their keyboards ordering immediately and showing their freakish devotion to Sideshow should be rewarded by having their order ship first. If I spend the night on the sidewalk in front of a store waiting for an XBOX 360, for example, and am first in line waving my money in the air, and they bring the first one out and walk right past me and give it to somebody towards the end of the line, then I am going to be upset. First come, first served. That's what I would like to see.

tomandshell said:
I am unable to explain why I prefer low numbers. It makes no logical sense, I admit. But I like low numbers. If anybody out there who doesn't care gets a low number, I will gladly trade you...

And maybe "slap in the face" is not the appropriate term, (I did call it a mild slap!) I just meant that those who are sitting at their keyboards ordering immediately and showing their freakish devotion to Sideshow should be rewarded by having their order ship first. If I spend the night on the sidewalk in front of a store waiting for an XBOX 360, for example, and am first in line waving my money in the air, and they bring the first one out and walk right past me and give it to somebody towards the end of the line, then I am going to be upset. First come, first served. That's what I would like to see.

I could not agree more.

tomandshell said:

I like them as well. It's always the icing on the cake especially for a very cool piece. I'm just saying collectors who have to have a low number to enjoy a piece make me laugh.

tomandshell said:

I know you did but it just annoys me when someone says that. I mean come on a slap in the face. I wonder if when people say that if they really know what it's like to have a company, person, etc. actually do that in a non-physical way. I agree it should be first come first serve so I'm in no way saying that it shouldn't be this way. However, I doubt anyone is gonna complain if they are a waitlister or ordered a couple days after, etc and they get theirs before one of the first to order.

Tom-I do not mean any of this personally towards you. I'm just using your quotes to try and make my point.

Well, I did say that I prefer low numbers, not that I require them to enjoy a piece. So in that sense I agree with you. If somebody told me that they could only enjoy pieces with low numbers then that would sound silly. I didn't say that I require them--only that I prefer them. But low numbers are not guaranteed with the first to ship, so that is a secondary issue. What's more important to me is that the first to order are the first to ship.

I guess I shouldn't have used the term "slap in the face." That sounds aggressive and I don't think that Sideshow is going out of their way to hurt the people who ordered early. It's more a case of being ignored or overlooked, and that is not an act of violence like a mild slap. So I retract my earlier comment. Maybe I should have said that we are "being given the cold shoulder" instead of slapped. Or substitute whatever term is appropriate for being overlooked rather than being hit. Sideshow is a great company and I would never want to sound like I am attacking them or that they are attacking me. :peace

tomandshell said:
Well, I did say that I prefer low numbers, not that I require them to enjoy a piece. So in that sense I agree with you. If somebody told me that they could only enjoy pieces with low numbers then that would sound silly. I didn't say that I require them--only that I prefer them. But low numbers are not guaranteed with the first to ship, so that is a secondary issue. What's more important to me is that the first to order are the first to ship.

I know ya did. Like I said my comments where more aimed at those that prefer low numbers because the low # item is better in some weird way. I agree if you order first you should get yours first. However, for those of you living in CA even if you order a day or so after me and they ship within 2-3 days of each other you get yours before me. So it's only fair that I get mine before you a couple times. :p (I'm kidding by the way) LOL

tomandshell said:
I guess I shouldn't have used the term "slap in the face." That sounds aggressive and I don't think that Sideshow is going out of their way to hurt the people who ordered early. It's more a case of being ignored or overlooked, and that is not an act of violence like a mild slap. So I retract my earlier comment. Maybe I should have said that we are "being given the cold shoulder" instead of slapped. Or substitute whatever term is appropriate for being overlooked rather than being hit. Sideshow is a great company and I would never want to sound like I am attacking them or that they are attacking me. :peace

I don't think it's even a case of being ignored of overlooked. I think it is just a case of crap happening. I'm the only Obi-Wan I'v seen shipping now that was a WL and only a few on Luke.

It's all good Tom.:peace

I have never really cared if I get a low number or a high number to be honest. I just happen to agree that orders could/should be shipped in the order that they were received starting in the low numbers and going up. I think that's fair.

I still wonder how Obi-Wan made it to Asia before Virginia and I got my order in on him VERY fast.

Well, the thing with the numbers is they come in randomly so that is why just because you order early doesn't mean your gonna get #5 or whatever. They would have to totally change things around I would guess to fix that.

I am probably just making a mountain out of a molehill. Time after time, I have received my items very quickly. Then I get bumped back a bit on two orders and I whine and cry like a spoiled brat. It's not like they have been shipping for a month already. :eek:

I do hope that I will receive my shipping notice tonight or tomorrow. I should be thankful that I am getting one at all, and that I get them so fast once they do ship. (At least when Fedex behaves themselves...) If Sideshow didn't make things that we were so excited about and eager to own then we could all just relax and wait patiently. When it comes to the PFs in particular, I am just too impatient!

My PF Vader is staring at me as I write this, and he is not amused. He has a score to settle...

It's all good Tom. We all need to let it out a little especially when we get so amped for these amazing pieces.:D

well if you went to sell it someone would pick a lower number over a higher number so there is logic in wanting a lower number. who gets #1 or 1-10..anyone ever seen one of those?

Back