Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well #1588 is in and is in great condition other than the Ewan McGregor head having some scratches.
Hopefully sideshow has a replacement since they are rather deep on the nose.
But other than that I must admit this has caught me off guard.
This being my only mythos I was unprepared for the size and detail.
The box weighs as much as my last 2 PFs combined .
I might be over exaggerating a bit but this is solid minus the base.
Box is tremendous which I was not expecting for a smaller scale statue was bigger than some of the PFs.
One nice thing I noticed while unpacking this was that the actual art box was supported by corner protectors which up to now none of my PFs ever came with.
With that extra space this art box will be the first sideshow shipment to come in undamaged.
Only wish they adopted that to all their shipments.

Anyway what a nice treat to have for a change.

Mine arrived. Beautiful statue, marred only by a broken boot strap. Think they'll replace the entire body piece for me?

I got #1676 in the house yeterday. Is the McGregor head supposed to have a black smudge on his right cheek? I'm not sure if it's part of the paint job, or not.

The eyes are a tad bit wonky on both of my heads but good enough. Yours is right out. I'd ask for a replacement.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I sent a message asking for a replacement before I posted the picture. I'll see what they say. Other than that the statue is great and worthy of grail status.

Could someone take some pics of what the foot with the metal peg looks like when it's flush with the base? Trying to look and see how mine should even fit in. Talking with SS about possibilities of replacement or other suggestions. I did end up wiggling the statue back off of the base... Scared to try again. I think my issue is with the inside part of the base under the boot, Obi's left, the front right(or inner boot toward toes), it seems overly tight or not the right shape, scraped up the black "under-boot" support thing on the statue.

My piece has no issues. It was a little tight fitting into the base, but sits good. The main body is quite heavy and I almost fear for the construction of the base because it is so light and hollow, but I guess there have been no complaints. The ignited saber seems way too small and out of scale. I have the MYC hilt, but having trouble attaching it.

06cabd37-88ae-43a3-a0df-4ee7206513b2_zps10a8f60e.jpg

whats your problem with attaching it ? you need to glue on the little silver hook to get it "hooked" on over the o-ring

Hmm. Does everyone's have a lean to the right (obi's right) like Shanester's seems to? When trying to get mine it it seemed a lot more upright. Maybe that's why I had issues? Maybe I need to angle the body that way when I'm putting it onto the base?

Also, how did people do it, right foot or left foot into position first? Same time? The hole for my metal peg seems like it's too far back if I try putting the other foot where it goes first and then try slotting in the "peg leg."

Hoping to hear something good from SS... Sent pics and waiting on messing with it until I hear back.

Last edited:
Well I filled out the online replacement form at SSC last Friday and have yet to hear back from them. I sent pictures of the problems with the statue and hopefully they can replace it for me. If not, then sadly I will return it for a refund. Does anyone know if you get your rewards points back when you return something that was damaged and they can't replace it?

I hooked in the right (back) foot and then laid the left (forward) foot into place. I did have to push down a little to get the foot into place, but not a lot of pressure. The statue has some lean to it, but it really depends on the angle you look at it from. Some angles he is leaning a bit, which seems to me a result of his stride. Other angles he looks standing/striding erect.

MYC, it is no fault of the hilt, I just haven't gotten a chance to give it proper time. Did the hilt come with a hook? I didn't notice one, but that doesn't mean its not in the bubble pouch.

yep.. its a separate little plastic bag and the little "hook" is right in there .. check this out:

hook_zpse6bd4469.jpg

How many years is this set after Rots? My only gripe is that the ewan head sculpt doesn't look as old as I'd like. It's fine though no biggie

No one is concerned about the lean?

We're back on the leaning issues.
everyone has a lean on their ben statue, that's how it was designed.
if you don't like the lean, maybe adjust them to an angle wherein you can't see the lean.
Actually the leaning is realistic since he is struggling against the wind and is walking on a sand.
Sculpting wise, maybe the slight lean on the statue gives balance to its huge and heavy cape.

Back