Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Maquette

The Obi-Wan head sculpt shown in the 'production peek' from December grabbed right ahold of me and never let up. I love that the focus is on Kenobi's exile period, and Obi-Wan's graying hair, tanned skin and stern expression all capture the time beautifully. The clone armour and Anakin's lightsaber are welcome details that help to tell the story of the character and bring life to the piece. The addition of the Ben head is the icing on the cake, but frankly, what I've seen of the Obi-Wan head was enough to sell me on this alone.

I will agree with those who say Kenobi's saber hilt seems undersized in the hand, with a blade that comes in a tad short. Adjusting these issues before production would make things just about perfect to my eyes.

I have to admit that the excitement over the previews have me entertaining visions of an Ewan McGregor guest spot on the upcoming 'Underworld'. I suppose my question to those more in-the-know with Sideshow's production schedules is whether we can expect a pre-order anytime before the LAS makes an appearance? :impatient:

I think the most striking thing about the sculpt is the ability to capture the "mental wear" on Obi-Wan. As soon as I saw it, I could feel the stress and weight he felt from his and Yoda's failures. Trevor is an absolute master and seems to be getting better (scary!)

Wow, first time I've seen this piece. I'm not into static dioramas or PFs at all (only PFs I've considered being C-3PO/R2 and Carbonite Han -- assuming they fix the crinkly carbonite problem -- due to how iconic they are and easy to display away from the 1/6 stuff), but might have to change my mind on this one. Fantastic sculpt and really packs a lot of emotion in it. Could see picking this up for sure.

I really wonder what is taking them so long to officially reveal the product and put it up for pre-order. We've been talking about this for what, nearly a year now?

Anyways, I'm still very interested in the line. I hope the scale is 1:5. If it's any smaller, then I'll probably pass.

Its got a lot of interest from people me included, just wonder why its taking so long?. This is the one Obi Wan piece ive seen that I really want. :panic:

It needs to be made into a 1:6 figure.
Best original character idea EVER.

Back