Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi Maquette

dont get me wrong.. wanted this piece really bad and its beautiful! but the price is getting out of lines.. this one specially.. just dont see its right to throw money in the greed mouth of SSC and support their price increases and the will to do whatever they want with me.

It may be big but it's not quarter scale, PF big.

No denying, it's beautiful.

This is such a good looking statue. It's a good size piece as well it's gonna eat up a lot of real estate in a collection.

I guess it's time to sell some stuff then! :lol

:hi5: :duff

I've been waiting for over a year on this piece and nothing the naysayers say can dampen my good mood right now! :yess:

The price really is getting out of hand, this sculpt isnt that much more involved nor does it include any companion pieces. I think this is the first 1/5 scale single character statue to hit $350. Hoping it's a typo and actually $250.

I will wait to see edition size before completely write this one off, because the statue is so nice :(

I guess it's time to sell some stuff then! :lol

:hi5: :duff

I've been waiting for over a year on this piece and nothing the naysayers say can dampen my good mood right now! :yess:

nah there is no naysayer, the consensus is pretty unified - everyone likes the statue, but the $350 is really unreasonable, it's just price gouging on sideshow's part, you have to admit that.

No need to rub salt on people's wound who have been looking forward to get this but cant now due to price.

nah there is no naysayer, the consensus is pretty unified - everyone likes the statue, but the $350 is really unreasonable, it's just price gouging on sideshow's part, you have to admit that.

No need to rub salt on people's wound who have been looking forward to get this but cant now due to price.

Who's rubbing salt into anyone's wound? I never said anything negative about people not being able to afford it.

All I said was that the price didn't shock me. I figured it would be high. I was hoping it wouldn't but it is what it is.

So don't put words into my mouth.

I asked in chat if the price was a typo and here is the response:

Sideshow Christina: Hello.
The pricing on the design and development blog should be correct. It will be verified once the item is up on the site for pre-order."

The price really is getting out of hand, this sculpt isnt that much more involved nor does it include any companion pieces. I think this is the first 1/5 scale single character statue to hit $350. Hoping it's a typo and actually $250.

I will wait to see edition size before completely write this one off, because the statue is so nice :(

Arthas is 1/5 and 350$ but he also is much larger.

This is bigger then the LOTR statues but I'm still holding out for a typo.

well... $350 it is... :(

hello, I got disconnected for some reason.. I was asking if the Obi Wan Mythos line is correct at $350 ???

Just a moment...

Sideshow Christina: Hello.
Yes, the price was announced on our Design and Development blog.
me: how do you explain the $100 increase to the first outcome of the series (Darth Maul) ??

Sideshow Christina: The price factors in materials used, production costs, etc.
This Kenobi statue has detailed costumes, skin texture, stand, etc.

me: aha.its a pretty shady way to get people into a new line with a $250 entry and go right to $350 for the second piece..
I will come back with my cancelation on thursday if that price really stay that way. Thank you

Damn, $350 is too much for me, i'd like this and it if were $250 i'd have gone for it, but there's still Shaak Ti, Deadpool and Malgus coming

yeah malgus will be $600 and Shaak Ti $450 and then SSC can kiss my ass !! :D

this is an awesome statue, wouldve loved to get it.
But if thats the game they are playing with the price increases, then, no thanx.
Will stay away from this line and appreciate it through other peoples photos.
$349.99?! :rotfl:rotfl

Yup, ____ you Sideshow with your repetitive bull____.

How is my 1/4 scale...27 inch Cyborg Maul cheaper than this?

How?

Who is running this company?

And we all know this will come out looking like it's been painted by a two-year-old.

Ridiculous.

Well, if this is $350, I guess Superman pf will get everyone used to $450 pf's. It's coming! $500 will be here just in time for Wonder Woman! :panic:

obiwan pf exclusive with lightup lightsaber is selling for $50 cheaper at $300 :lol

I don't think there is an edition size... you can STILL get Maul. I think I'll wait and hope for a $100 gift card in 2 years to use on this.

Back