Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that would resolve this is if we registered our edition numbers when we recieve them (including returns).

Whether this is an informal board thing or a process run by sideshow, it would give clearer transparency for those wishing to check if their edition number has been dispatched before....

Just a thought.

I am still trying to resolve this with SS CS who advised me they have no definitive information on if the item I was sent had previously been retuned (yeah right):cuckoo:

Thats some B.S. right there. Of course they know.

To add insult to injury CS responded to my 1st email and I have sent another two since and have now been ignored for 9 days...

This is unacceptable. It makes it so much worse that I have heard of this happening from people all over the internet for quite some time now. A business that has this poor of a level of communication between them and the customer does not deserve to be in business.

To get this too me in Australia I paid $120 shipping

I had this on flex pay well before it sold out and expected a brand new item not someones returned item with issues

If its not bad enough that they are filling waitlist itmes with returns they also are doing it with regular orders as well. Something about this must be illegal.

One thing that would resolve this is if we registered our edition numbers when we recieve them (including returns).

Whether this is an informal board thing or a process run by sideshow, it would give clearer transparency for those wishing to check if their edition number has been dispatched before....

Just a thought.

Rebelscum does have a Registry for Sideshow stuff. (https://registry.rebelscum.com/index.php?action=matrix&manufacturer=5) I don't think too many people use it, but if more did at least that would help narrow down who has the Star Wars Sideshow pieces out there.

Waitlist just converted but I won't risk just receiving a return which is most likely so will cancel it. Shame, it's a great statue.

True but it will be some hassle returning it from Norway. Does SS cover shipping fees when returning?

True but it will be some hassle returning it from Norway. Does SS cover shipping fees when returning?

I have a bad feeling Sideshow will pull one of their lame "there is nothing wrong with your piece" responses if you try to return it.

There was a story I read where a person was unhappy with their piece and he sent some pictures to sideshow and they sent a response saying "all of our pieces are hand painted and you will see slight variations in each one, and we are unable to find any in our inventory that would be an improvement to your original piece." Then they will probably follow it up with "Your item is not physically damaged and if you choose to return it you will be responsible for shipping costs to return the piece."

I think they will say this to you because return shipping from Norway would cost an astronomical amount on their end. They should cover it, but I have a feeling they will try to weasel out of it and make you accept the flawed returned piece.

I'd call them on the phone and ask if the piece they have found for you has been returned and ask if you can get someone to inspect it before they ship it out to you in Norway. I have no idea if they will do this for you but its worth a shot.

Last edited:
Group shot! Love this line & hope it will continue

megegymu.jpg

I was going to try to pose my group in the same "preview" pose that Sideshow released but I didn't have time yet... I think that one is close enough so now I won't do it. Great Pic. :)

Group shot! Love this line & hope it will continue

megegymu.jpg

I love this picture. Wish I could afford to own all 5. But I do have Obi-Wan and I will have Vader. I also have Shaak Ti and will own the Droids PF. So many wonderful and expensive statues!

^^^

Awesome photo! :clap

I second the motion to continue this line.

I was going to try to pose my group in the same "preview" pose that Sideshow released but I didn't have time yet... I think that one is close enough so now I won't do it. Great Pic. :)

I love this picture. Wish I could afford to own all 5. But I do have Obi-Wan and I will have Vader. I also have Shaak Ti and will own the Droids PF. So many wonderful and expensive statues!

these are great ones you have! Im trying hard to limit myself to this line, I also have vader bust & planning to get Yoda life size figure when it eventually released.

That pic is all kinds of Sexy!!!

thanks guys for all the love :)

Not liking the big Paint Blob on Vaders Helmet, otherwise awesome pic.

I agree. I have the same pronounced orange on my helmet as well. It's not a deal-breaker for me, but at some point I may try to paint over it entirely black, as I think the piece would be just fine with no orange glow on the helmet. The rest of the effect on the lower portion of the body and cape are solid though...

I agree. I have the same pronounced orange on my helmet as well. It's not a deal-breaker for me, but at some point I may try to paint over it entirely black, as I think the piece would be just fine with no orange glow on the helmet. The rest of the effect on the lower portion of the body and cape are solid though...

absolutely my thoughts !! they can have the glow effect but they should have left the helmet out !

Then again, logically it would be weird with this effect on the body but not in the glossy helmet..

The helmet is so much further away from the flames/lava that I could totally buy that. And I think I'd prefer it as well.

Maybe if the glow was just rimmed at the bottom of the helmet? As is, the reflection is all coming from the wrong direction if we stick with the way it looks on his bottom cape all the way around. Then suddenly it's just the bright sun reflecting on the helmet or something. Looks all wrong to me. So yeah, it might be better to my eyes if it just rimmed the bottom of the helmet...

Back