Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(on a side note, and it maybe doesnt belong in this section), the lit light saber is really small. I did my own comparison with the Maul Mythos LS and the Attakus Jedi Luke LS, and it is TINY in comparison. The emmitter end of the one in Obi's had is as large as the circumfrence of the blade of the other two 1:5 scale statues.

How is the the clear aspect of the LS made? Does anyone know?

Not that it matters but I will not be displaying Obi with the ignited LS as I do not have the room.... which is why I jumped on this idea of a project right away.....

Thanks MYC for jumping at this opportunity to make collectors happy.

And we're at 50! :horror

That's 1/40 of all the statues out there. Sideshow really screwed the pooch on this one.

ok.. well I did some testing here and there and came up with a strategy how I can achieve a decent Obi Saber.

Below you will see a picture of a first try for me how to get there. I will need to pick up some different tools to refine what I wanna have at the end. But for you a rough look in what direction this is going ..I am aware the top of the saber is a bit off from the original.. I was just playing arround to get an idea about the process

... input is welcome :)

lightsaber_011_zpsfd511bc8.jpg

for a "test run" I think it's looking great. Very nice work. :clap

And we're at 50! :horror

That's 1/40 of all the statues out there. Sideshow really screwed the pooch on this one.

That's only the ones who visit here. Imagine all the people who would want on this list if they knew about it. That number would be a lot closer to 2000 when all is said and done.

I know! 1 in 40 is actually huge because we only represent one or two percent of the collecting community here. Yeah, pulled that right out of my ***.

ok.. well I did some testing here and there and came up with a strategy how I can achieve a decent Obi Saber.

Below you will see a picture of a first try for me how to get there. I will need to pick up some different tools to refine what I wanna have at the end. But for you a rough look in what direction this is going ..I am aware the top of the saber is a bit off from the original.. I was just playing arround to get an idea about the process

Amazing work, sir... as always.

I know I'm in the second lot of sabers, but if you need to buy more tools, I'm willing to pay up front now to make sure you're duly compensated and not out of pocket.

Last edited:

Sweet! The saber hilt is off to a great start! :rock :clap

I know! 1 in 40 is actually huge because we only represent one or two percent of the collecting community here. Yeah, pulled that right out of my ***.

I love seeing SWAG (Scientific Wild A** Guess)! :yess: :lol

thanks a lot guys.. I need to find some PVC tubes with 3/8 or 5/16 diameter... all I find are flexibles.. not so good.. any ideas where to get something like that

I tried to work with brass/aluminum tubes but Its so hard to get the wax out ...

myc, this doesn't exactly fit the bill but maybe it might work.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Polycarbonate-Tubing-Wall-Length/dp/B003TJ9YI8/ref=sr_1_18?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1364307916&sr=1-18[/ame]

thanks guys ! I just send a quote request to scandia.. not sure if they do so small amounts for my need.. will see

That first attempt looks great.
I'm on the Waitlist and I'm excited as hell!!

Hello everyone,

I have some information I would like to share with all of you.

I am a newcomer to this forum. I wanted to post earlier but it took a couple of days for the moderator to approve my membership.

Like most of you, I was very dismayed when the customer service rep at Sideshow informed me the unlit saber hilt was omitted from the final production. After reading this thread in its entirety and learning that the group was in search of artists who were willing to take up commissions for a custom saber hilt I decided to contact the original sculptor, Trevor Grove, to see if he could offer any recommendations on how to best proceed with this project. A Google search lead me to his Deviant Art page. He is a very humble and very nice guy and I was very happy to correspond with the brilliant artist behind this Sideshow Collectibles masterpiece.

The following link is the conversation we had about the missing hilt. It begins about 12 comments down. My handle is "PureSewage":

https://trevorgrove.deviantart.com/art/Ben-Kenobi-Desert-Nomad-024-298558661#comments

MYC, I want to express my appreciation that you are currently hard at work producing a prototype saber hilt. I know there are a considerably large number of people who have expressed interest in this so far. The conversation I had with Trevor also presents the prospect of having another artist involved in this project. Trevor has been very considerate to refer his colleague's services to us as an alternative. With this in mind, I would like to know what people think about the possibility of a second sculptor's involvement?

I don't wish to take the wind out of MYC's sails by any means, since I know there is money and creative energy already hard at work, but I wanted to share this with everyone.

Welcome Sorrai! :D

Very cool reading your conversation with Trevor, and it's awesome that he is so willing to help the fans however he can. I still cannot fully wrap my mind around the reason for the hilt's deletion from the final product.

Hello everyone,

I have some information I would like to share with all of you.

I am a newcomer to this forum. I wanted to post earlier but it took a couple of days for the moderator to approve my membership.

Like most of you, I was very dismayed when the customer service rep at Sideshow informed me the unlit saber hilt was omitted from the final production. After reading this thread in its entirety and learning that the group was in search of artists who were willing to take up commissions for a custom saber hilt I decided to contact the original sculptor, Trevor Grove, to see if he could offer any recommendations on how to best proceed with this project. A Google search lead me to his Deviant Art page. He is a very humble and very nice guy and I was very happy to correspond with the brilliant artist behind this Sideshow Collectibles masterpiece.

The following link is the conversation we had about the missing hilt. It begins about 12 comments down. My handle is "PureSewage":

https://trevorgrove.deviantart.com/art/Ben-Kenobi-Desert-Nomad-024-298558661#comments

MYC, I want to express my appreciation that you are currently hard at work producing a prototype saber hilt. I know there are a considerably large number of people who have expressed interest in this so far. The conversation I had with Trevor also presents the prospect of having another artist involved in this project. Trevor has been very considerate to refer his colleague's services to us as an alternative. With this in mind, I would like to know what people think about the possibility of a second sculptor's involvement?

I don't wish to take the wind out of MYC's sails by any means, since I know there is money and creative energy already hard at work, but I wanted to share this with everyone.

Well thats a way to introduce yourself to this community ..

Well, with all respect..thanks for the help here trying to release me from this project. Everybody is free to do whatever they want of course. No one is obligated to anything here and its a buyers market as well.

Me on the other side .. I feel committed to all the people here who are supporting my effort and for those who want to stay with me I will do my best to deliver a nice Obiwan saber. If another sculptor steps in..everybody has the right to switch over of course.

I started this project already and I will finish it.. worst case for myself only ! ;)

To be clear here..I don't see this as a competition or anything like that. I just saw a bunch of guys here looking for a missing hilt and I would love to help out and I will for those who like my work at the end :)

Last edited:
Well thats a way to introduce yourself to this community ..

Well, with all respect..thanks for the help here trying to release me from this project. Everybody is free to do whatever they want of course. No one is obligated to anything here and its a buyers market as well.

Me on the other side .. I feel committed to all the people here who are supporting my effort and for those who want to stay with me I will do my best to deliver a nice Obiwan saber. If another sculptor steps in..everybody has the right to switch over of course and I wont be mad at all.
I started this project already and I will finish it.. worst case for myself only ! ;)

To be clear here..I don't see this as a competition or anything like that. I just saw a bunch of guys here looking for a missing hilt and I would love to help out and I will for those who like my work at the end :)

If only this forum have LIKE button i will press it 1000x for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back