NYCC 2014 - Oct. 9-12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frack!

So last night I decided to go ahead and get my ticket for Sunday, and they're sold out!!! WTF?!? In the previous years I never even bothered buying my ticket til September. I think last year I may have done it in August, but mid to late August. Now Saturday and Sunday single day tickets are sold out in a week? What the hell is going on? And last year was kind of a bust because I spent more time socializing than I did looking around, so it was practically like I didn't even go and I was extra looking forward to it this year!

After I calmed down and drowned my sorrows in a slice of chocolate cake, I thought, "whelp, I guess I'll have to go on Thursday or Friday". But my lovely wife, who had to endure my pathetic wails of despair, had already gone ahead and got my ticket for Friday. :)

So this year I'll be going on Friday instead of my usual Sunday. Who knows, maybe if it's a better crowd on a Friday I may do it again.

LOL. Glad you got a day !

People are sleeping on NYCC. It's not a Wizard Wold show. It's big ! Reed Pop does a great job of organizing it. Vendors and companies love them. It's getting big.

Yeah, I'm actually very surprised that the tickets have been selling out this quick! Like I said, I usually don't even worry about it til September. Now I'll have to start getting them as soon as they go up for sale! So glad I was able to get something!

Is there some big event planned that I somehow don't know about? Are there major stars coming or something?

Nothing has been announced. It is just growing and very well organized. It is THE comic con of the East Coast.

Lol well if I start saving now I might be able to do it.
Wonder if I could grab an NFL game too while I'm at it...hmmm I feel a plan coming on ;)
That's the best way. If you come solo you can bunk with me and my company to face some funds,!

So Arrow himself will be at NYCC ! :panic:

And we have some Hordor love coming as well !

Nice to see bookings coming along ! Hopefully more after SDCC :)

With SDCC over, it's now officially time to look forward to NYCC! Let's hope they start making some more guest announcements soon!

NYCC just announced that Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert) and Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond Hume) from Lost will be attending this year! I'm sorry, but I can't contain my excitement! Desmond was my favorite character!

Hy guys! I'm going to this year NYCC! I'm from Argentina and this is my first convention at the US!
Will be any freaks meeting there? Looking forward to know some of you guys!
Also, I saw videos from last year and a lot of guest where there (cast from TWD, Agents of Shield, etc etc).. Do you know if more close to the date, the website of the NYCC will update the guest list? Sorry for the question, but I really don't know how this work =D

As we get closer and more people commit, the list will grow. I am sure.

TWD is kind of a staple there so can see them being there without issue.

If we can get a final count, we could do an impromptu meetup of people like.

Perfect! I'm in. I usually don't post very often here but I do read a lot.. so it will be very fun and interesting for me to know some of you! And talk about the hobby in the con! =D

Damn that's awesome that Desmond is going to be there. I have a bit of a general question in regards to cons...

If you don't plan on getting a photo op, is it still possible to get a quick picture with your phone at the autograph booths after getting something signed?

Thanks all.

Damn that's awesome that Desmond is going to be there. I have a bit of a general question in regards to cons...

If you don't plan on getting a photo op, is it still possible to get a quick picture with your phone at the autograph booths after getting something signed?

Thanks all.

Really depends on the person.

Reality is, they are not allowed and most times this will be enforced (in order to sell op tickets).

So will say F it and do it for you.

you got a 50/50 chance.

Really depends on the person.

Reality is, they are not allowed and most times this will be enforced (in order to sell op tickets).

So will say F it and do it for you.

you got a 50/50 chance.

Thanks for the quick reply man. So you might not be able to get a personal photo with the two of you, but there's really no one enforcing you from taking a pic of them signing your item or anything?

Thanks for the quick reply man. So you might not be able to get a personal photo with the two of you, but there's really no one enforcing you from taking a pic of them signing your item or anything?

That is harder. And mostly done as you can. Some may be d-bags and try to tell you to stop. *cough* Lou Ferrgino *cough*

Back