NYCC 2014 - Oct. 9-12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for the 3 Day passes! This will be my first Comic-Con, and I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm waiting for the 3 Day passes! This will be my first Comic-Con, and I'm really looking forward to it!

It's a great one for our side of the world. I used to do one day, then i did two. I did four last year and I won't turn back !

They will never do it. Their bread and butter is SDCC. They don't have enough love to put out for a show like this. To them I am sure it is second tier.

Sad cause the crowds are huge ! ! !!

Yeah, I know. It's understandable. Flying all the stuff they show across the country would cost a fortune. Going from Thousand Oaks to San Diego is much more doable.

True, but there is another side of the world and they are big enough to have a booth here. They need to rethink this. This show had 20,000 plus last year !

It's not that they don't have the love for shows like NYCC but it's the cost. It's why they don't go to TF anymore. Shipping all that stuff for them is insane and then they have to ship it back. You've also got cost to pay for people to fly, stay, and work the event. I wouldn't be shocked if someday if they don't do a booth there but it's gonna need more than 20k people. I wish this was at a different time of the year. During the school year is just about impossible.

If they haven't done Wondercon in Anaheim any of the last three years which is close to home than San Diego, don't expect them to fly cross country any time soon. ;)

Well considering two things. In 2007 they went to Celebration in L. A. which is also their backyard. And Wonder Con had barely broken 50000 compared to NYCC 130000 it pales in comparison ;)

According to NYCC's facebook, they'll be announcing when 3-day passes and single-day tickets are going on sale tomorrow!

Question - Does anyone know if the tickets can be used by anyone? A relative of mine is planning a visit, from Europe, and we want to go together, but I am concerned that if we buy him a ticket but for some reason his visit falls thru, if we will be able to take someone else instead...

As of last year that was not an issue. Hence why they allow you to purchase up to six tickets.

I would wait to register the ID (if they do that again) until you are sure of the plans being set.

Back