Noob question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymojo34

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I only recently discovered the high end collectables figures while searching Ebay for Captain America stuff. Since then I have become enamored and covetous of a couple of figures I want to get i.e. Hot Toys Batman (I'm just having trouble wrapping my mind around $300+ for one).

I know 100% I am gonna grab the Super Soldier Steve Rogers from Winter Soldier. If it is part of the line, of course.

But, to my question, how do pre-orders on Hot Toys usually work? Its only a bit over 30 days until the movies releases (2 days until international release) and I haven't found any info whatsoever, and I consider my Google-fu strong.

So, with previous movie tie in lines, when did figure announcements happen? Does Sideshow handle the pre-orders or is it other vendors?

What do I need to know that I don't even know I that I don't know?

Yep, like I said, total noob question.

Depending where you live you have a few viable retailers to choose to pre order from.

If you live in the United States then Sideshow, Big Bad Toy Store, Alter Ego, Toy Anxiety are probably the most reputable retailers I can recommend off the top of my head. Granted, there are dozens to choose from besides the 4 I mentioned and many of them are great in their own right.

Sideshow's pre order policy is usually no money down on orders under $250. For items over $250 an NRD (non refundable deposit) is typically required immediately when you place your order is billed within 24-48 hours of that order. They do offer pay-in-full or flex-pay (monthly payments) that you can choose from.

Figure announcements are hard to pin down specifically, your best bet is to subscribe to Hot Toys Facebook or Twitter page for updates and to keep an eye on the Marvel/DC section here as members always post information as soon as it becomes available.

Figure teases don't always coincide with movie teases or releases for that matter. Months or years can go bye before Sideshow, Hot Toys or another collectible company announce a teaser for a specific figure. Occasionally, they do happen at the same time but this is generally not the rule.

Last edited:
Back