Non-Attendee Price Increase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fritz said:
So technically, non-attendees that don't live in California are paying less than attendees. Not including shipping of course. :D

No, they are still paying more.

Reading all the posts in this thread made me realize again, this board will never run out of subjects to discuss, fight and whine about. Amazing!

Just for the record: this is not a complaint, just an observation.

Fritz said:
So technically, non-attendees that don't live in California are paying less than attendees. Not including shipping of course. :D

I guess technically. Now if you want to factor in the costs to go to the show then that's a resounding "YES".:lol

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Reading all the posts in this thread made me realize again, this board will never run out of subjects to discuss, fight and whine about. Amazing!

Yup

Going back to the comments about Sideshow labeling the $5 a processing fee, I do agree that they should just come out and call it what it really is.

How does "convenience fee" sound? That's what it really is, and I can't see a lot of people balking at that. And if they do have a problem with an extra $5, then great!!! More for the rest of us!!! :)

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Going back to the comments about Sideshow labeling the $5 a processing fee, I do agree that they should just come out and call it what it really is.

How does "convenience fee" sound? That's what it really is, and I can't see a lot of people balking at that. And if they do have a problem with an extra $5, then great!!! More for the rest of us!!! :)
Sounds reasonable... In any way, I grant SSC the extra $5. Doing what they do, and the way they do it, it's hard to find a company that can compare to them.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Sounds reasonable... In any way, I grant SSC the extra $5. Doing what they do, and the way they do it, it's hard to find a company that can compare to them.

Damn straight. I have to say that if they wanted to charge me an extra 20 I'd be fine with it. The fact that I am not going to the con, and that most companies don't offer their exclusives to those who can't go... Makes it really cool that I even had a "chance" at getting this figure. So any extra money used to make this happen, fine with me.

Besides, compaining over 5 bucks seems a little silly. If you want it, 5 dollars is nothing. It's barely a gallon and a half of gas. :lol

I got my Anakin coming, I'm happy. End of story. :monkey1

I took my kids to a concert with The Wiggles. (If you don't know... don't ask.) I ended up paying something like $8 extra per ticket through Ticketmaster for a "convenience fee." Not very convenient at all, I must say.

Glad that Sideshow doesn't tack on as much as good old Ticketmaster. I do believe that grabbing a box from a big stack and handing it to me takes less work for Sideshow than the usual processing/packaging/shipping procedure.

As far as I'm concerned, the lower price for attendees helps to offset the $25 a day that I will be spending just on parking alone, not to mention gas, registration, hotel room, and food. All worth it!
:chew

tomandshell said:
As far as I'm concerned, the lower price for attendees helps to offset the $25 a day that I will be spending just on parking alone, not to mention gas, registration, hotel room, and food. All worth it!

Exactly Tom!! That is what my complaint was with the posts dealing with the $5 bucks extra for NA.

Darth Loki said:
It's $5, who cares. At least SS is kind enough to give non-attendees the chance at getting exclusives!

I agree. Just be happy that SS offers the Con exclusives at all to non-attendees.

That's got nothing to do with the price of either.

Remember people it takes time and money for SS to process the orders and get them ready for Fed Ex. The $5 extra is justified if you think about it.

If you want to keep complaining about the extra $5 fine, but don't complain if next year SS doesn't offer non-attendees a chance at the exclusives.:nono

Another way to look at it and, it may sound rough but here goes:

A lot of us in here are collectors of high priced items that cost hundreds of dollars on average. Think about it: $200-400 for a PF, $300-500 for props from MR, $200 for Gentle Giant statues, $80 for maquettes, $60-70 for figures...Anyone here complaining about $5 is in the wrong hobby. Especially when it gets you an item that is exclusive to an event that you are not attending. When you put it into perspective the $5 is something really silly to bring up. If it bothers someone that much I don't know what to say other than get ready to sometimes "pay to play" and it doesn't always makes sense as it does here.

$5? :lol Expect to be spending a lot more than that over the next few months in fluctuations between figures as they come out. Not to mention all the other cool items coming this year.

$5.... :rolleyes:

SolidLiquidFox said:
Anyone here complaining about $5 is in the wrong hobby.

Agreed.That phrase resumed that whole meaningless thread.

jlcmsu said:
Exactly Tom!! That is what my complaint was with the posts dealing with the $5 bucks extra for NA.

And you are ONLY going to SDCC to pick up an "attendee" Anakin?? No, didn't think so....stop trying to make out you are soooo hard done having to pay out all this $$$$ just so you can justify paying $5 less for an Anakin Sith Lord....Man, with all the fun and exhibits at the convention, you should be paying more than what you are complaining about having to pay to see all that cool stuff....

So, how about the people GOING....stop complaining...

Yeah, It's a real drag, for those poor old people who are UNLUCKY enough to have to go to the SDCC this year.:rolleyes:

Us "non-attendees" feel real sorry for you!

(Anyone whinging about having to pay big $$$ to go to SDCC, are the ones in the wrong hobby..)

Last edited:
darth dyp**** said:
And you are ONLY going to SDCC to pick up an "attendee" Anakin?? No, didn't think so....stop trying to make out you are soooo hard done having to pay out all this $$$$ just so you can justify paying $5 less for an Anakin Sith Lord....Man, with all the fun and exhibits at the convention, you should be paying more than what you are complaining about having to pay to see all that cool stuff....

I never said that was the only reason I was going. You're ASSUMING that which you know what that does. ;) I'm not trying to make it out to be anything just that I think it happens to be more than fair that we pay less than those not going. SDCC is worth every penny for those going so I don't disagree with all the fun we'll be having it should probably cost more.

darth dyp**** said:
So, how about the people GOING....stop complaining...

Those of us going haven't complained one single bit about the cost. The only complaints I've seen regarding the price have been from NA. Any complaints coming from Attendees has been because some are getting tired of hearing it from the NA that they have to pay more for an item which is associated with a show they aren't going to. I kind of agree with the post I saw before maybe next year SS shouldn't offer the exclusives to NA.

darth dyp**** said:
Yeah, It's a real drag, for those poor old people who are UNLUCKY enough to have to go to the SDCC this year.:rolleyes:

Your right it's a total drag and I'm so unlucky. ;) I don' know what I'll do when I'm having a great time at SDCC. :p

darth dyp**** said:
Us "non-attendees" feel real sorry for you!

I'm sure you do. ;)

darth dyp**** said:
(Anyone whinging about having to pay big $$$ to go to SDCC, are the ones in the wrong hobby..)

Again, No Attendee me included has whined about the money it costs us. I at least use it to say a $5 savings on a figure is more than justified. Not that if they wanted to charge the $5 more I couldn't handle it because I could.

tomandshell said:
I took my kids to a concert with The Wiggles. (If you don't know... don't ask.) I ended up paying something like $8 extra per ticket through Ticketmaster for a "convenience fee." Not very convenient at all, I must say.

Glad that Sideshow doesn't tack on as much as good old Ticketmaster. I do believe that grabbing a box from a big stack and handing it to me takes less work for Sideshow than the usual processing/packaging/shipping procedure.

The thing is that what Sideshow is doing is a genuine "convenience fee" because they are going out of their way to provide us with something that, by its very nature, we shouldn't be able to buy. The SDCC exclusive is supposed to be just that...EXCLUSIVE TO SDCC. That's why I think the extra cost is justified.

What Ticketmaster does is just trying to milk your wallet for all its worth. They aren't providing something that's exclusive to anywhere. They're just taking advantage of the situation. That's why I'll only buy tickets from the venue's B.O.

Considering a lot of us are paying $100-$300 for past SDCC exclusives like Nazi Kroenen and Patient Zero, and claiming to have gotten good deals at that price, I think I can pay the extra $5 without complaining too much.

I'm more than happy to pay $5 more for an item I truly want that I would normally only be able to get by going to a convention I can't possibly attend for several reasons.:D :D :D :D :D

Back