Nobody can complain about Sideshow Prices anymore - check XM Studios pricing - Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Punisher and Cable look pretty bad ass but I wouldnt pay 1400 for either..

and how the hell does one retain better value than the other.

Id assume less people would pay in excess of 1K for a statue no matter how bad ass... (that argument is best exemplified in the Deadpool thread). So yeah, XM holding its value is much harder to accomplish than a relatively low - cost provider such as Sideshow. They havent cracked the 1K mark

trust me ... I get it. I've heard this again and again.

But what destroys the debate is the fact that importing a XM here to Canada is in excess of $250 for freight costs alone. Not to mention difficulty receiving any sort of warranty / replacement due to logistics.

Product quality is now subjective since no one can say for sure that XM consistently will deliver 100% of the time, and Sideshow is prone to obsolescence

Of the MARVEL Xm pieces Ive seen in hand... only Kraven, Sandman, Magneto, Black Bolt, and Venom impress me.

I have 20 preorders with Sideshow. In the past year I havent had ONE issue with quality control.. other than Fed EX destroying my prints in transit. I have no reason to doubt the quality of Deadpool (new PF) when it arrives.

Yes the shipping cost is what hurts the most. However, most oversea buyers outside of North America have been paying that amount when buying from Sideshow no? We are just spoiled here in North America with the shipping cost. That's true for any issues when importing a XM piece. However, with their premium packaging, the chance of that happening is greatly reduced. There is still risk though obviously and you're basically **** out of luck if that happens. Have you bought an XM piece before? I would recommend you to buy one just to compare with Sideshows' and judge for yourself the quality. (I hope all companies have XM Studios's packaging...) I think XM Studios Hawkeye was going for a great price on BBTS during Black Friday so there's no excuse for saying the shipping is high lol.

You're one of the lucky few to have no QC issues! Congrats! You could find plenty of people with QC problems with Sideshow by reading the forums here. Based on my personal experience, about 50% of my orders had issues with QCs from Sideshow. So far I only had 1 issue so far with XM Studios. But if you are located in Singapore, I believe you can just go to their store and they will fix whatever issue you had for free. Sideshow would either give you $25 for your troubles or ask you to send it back to them. (I honestly find that a hassle to send it back) I'm sure Sideshow's QCs is better now from when I stopped buying Sideshow piece (I just buy Hot Toys exclusives or Prime 1 through them although I'm tempted to buy Huntress/Phoenix.. gotta wait till production/in hand pics...) but I still prefer the exclusivity of XM Studios' statue and the premium feel of their packaging. And a free print is always a plus!

XM Punisher and Cable look pretty bad ass but I wouldnt pay 1400 for either..

and how the hell does one retain better value than the other.

Id assume less people would pay in excess of 1K for a statue no matter how bad ass... (that argument is best exemplified in the Deadpool thread). So yeah, XM holding its value is much harder to accomplish than a relatively low - cost provider such as Sideshow. They havent cracked the 1K mark

Supply and demand. Hence the argument for XM's 999 cap edition size vs Sideshow's high ES.

Like I mentioned previously with Sideshow's Batman and Superman PF. Both great statues and received rave reviews yet for both of the exclusives I sold at retail cost. But accounting for ebay fees, I took a lost lol. However, I made over $200 USD each from selling Green Lantern and Harley Quinn. (Both were at a much lower edition size) There was once upon a time where I preordered every single Sideshow DC PFs.. I cancelled a bunch when I change the direction for my collection. Some would say I'm an idiot for ordering something that I didn't really want. But 1 to 2 years is a pretty long time I think in the statue collecting world. If I had kept all my orders and sold on secondary market, I would have taken a greater lost than the NRD.

I'm lucky though since I have family in Singapore so I order at retail cost LMAO! Best of both worlds teehee ^^!! And yes! I'm definitely gonna try to get Cable when it goes on preorder on XM's site.

Ultimately who cares what others think.. Just buy/collect what you like. The rest is just white noise ahaha

Usually the higher the production piece is (ES), the lower the price will be. XM price have been pretty consistent about 850-950 SGD for their PO. SS on the other hand, with each PO, the price increase. And to import SS products, you get hit with a 35% tax (PO price + Shipping, then x 35%)

anyone willing to part with their XM Venom for a SS Deadpool? Fully paid and all...

Since Deadpool is soooooooooooooooooooooo expensive and XM is much cheaper Id assume people would jump at the idea.

... *crickets chirping*

they arent priced the same... apparently XM pieces are cheaper... so cheap that no one seems to throw a hissy fit for 100 plus pages over price.

Amazing.

its also amazing that you've predicted the actual product quality of Deadpool, you mind doing something useful and predicting the lottery numbers.

There was no math involved in this thread so I dont even know what the hell you are talking about.

I do not think you are recognizing there is a higher demand due to limited supply for Venom. Low Edition size helps to maintain exclusivity as well as possibly drive up the price on highly desired prices and/or retain the value which you also dont seem to understand in another post. Some may not hold value if the demand is not there. It looks like another poster has also attempted to explain Supply and Demand to you. Also your post literally compared costs of the two and demanded a trade with cute cricket chirping effect. You are comparing the costs yet you conclude you didnt discuss math or economics?? My comment highlighted the issue with your economics. I get it you dont like the criticisms of SSC Deadpool price but your logic and arguments lacked substance.

I did not predict product quality...The best predictor of future behavior is … past behavior. SSC's quality control has been notoriously horrible, hopefully the trend is no longer continuing and I noted more than likely QC issues not conclusively or that there would be guaranteed QC issues just a strong likelihood based on previous experiences. As other posters have also had to present to you those very facts as well.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, I think the low ES and positive word of mouth is really what's propelling XM right now.

In terms of if you agree or not, I think it's up to the buyer.

It's all subjective, but it's nice to debate things.

And yet the mod haven't close this useless thread :thud:

At the end of the day, I think the low ES and positive word of mouth is really what's propelling XM right now.

In terms of if you agree or not, I think it's up to the buyer.

It's all subjective, but it's nice to debate things.

I am one that has been praising XM and I will admit that I was one of the ones bashing them at the beginning and maybe that was because of the difficulty of getting their product. While now I can get the pieces I want, the shipping is expensive, but like others have said it's no worse than overseas customers getting pieces from SSC for years. It took Sandman at a pretty good price to get me into the XM product line and honestly the quality of their product and packaging is second to none. I'm hoping that Prime1 is also the same as I haven't gotten anything from them as of yet but will be soon with their Spidey 2009 piece.

SSC needs to step up their game other than just upping their prices, people need to get better quality or packaging for the higher prices or collectors are just going to buy elsewhere sooner or later. Sure they will get their cut with handling Prime1, IA and IronStudios but I for one will buy better quality for a higher price than cheaper quality at an always rising price range. SSC will be around for a long time obviously but I for one have pretty much stopped buying from them over the last few years cause of the issues so many on here have been having. Just got tired of the "we checked our warehouse and we have nothing better for you" only to see someone receive a perfect statue weeks later off of a WL or second batch.....Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth after while.

I haven't had any issues with the three XM pieces I've gotten so far, and I will deal with any issues if it does happen, but with the quality of production and the superb packaging those issues will be few and far between I'm sure....At least wishful thinking...:lol:lol

I am one that has been praising XM and I will admit that I was one of the ones bashing them at the beginning and maybe that was because of the difficulty of getting their product. While now I can get the pieces I want, the shipping is expensive, but like others have said it's no worse than overseas customers getting pieces from SSC for years. It took Sandman at a pretty good price to get me into the XM product line and honestly the quality of their product and packaging is second to none. I'm hoping that Prime1 is also the same as I haven't gotten anything from them as of yet but will be soon with their Spidey 2009 piece.

SSC needs to step up their game other than just upping their prices, people need to get better quality or packaging for the higher prices or collectors are just going to buy elsewhere sooner or later. Sure they will get their cut with handling Prime1, IA and IronStudios but I for one will buy better quality for a higher price than cheaper quality at an always rising price range. SSC will be around for a long time obviously but I for one have pretty much stopped buying from them over the last few years cause of the issues so many on here have been having. Just got tired of the "we checked our warehouse and we have nothing better for you" only to see someone receive a perfect statue weeks later off of a WL or second batch.....Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth after while.

I haven't had any issues with the three XM pieces I've gotten so far, and I will deal with any issues if it does happen, but with the quality of production and the superb packaging those issues will be few and far between I'm sure....At least wishful thinking...:lol:lol

You and I have always been on the same page. I couldn't agree more. I think Sideshow is raising bar slowly, but I'm still not so sure if you're getting the same value that you would with Prime/XM on some of these pieces, dollar for dollar.

Now, don't get me wrong. Let's take the new SSC Deadpool piece that's creating so much buzz because of the price. XM doesn't have a Deadpool piece, so it's hard for me to compare, but that to me is the 'wow factor' that I'm looking for. That to me justifies the price ASSUMING QC follows in suit, something we all know Sidehshow is weak in compared to other companies.

Even characters that I don't really care for, I now care for when I see XM and Prime 1 bring them to life. The detail is mind-blowing on so many levels, that I can't help but to look for Sideshow to respond....and I'm waiting for a response. Deadpool was that response for me. The new TMNT line was another that just blew me away. But Sideshow needs to finish strong with QC. I don't mind the price increase. Just me the detail, paint apps and QC that I get from Prime 1 and XM.

I bought the Grimlock with Optimus piece from Prime 1 months back from Prime 1. I don't I've ever seen a piece quite like it.

I heard about the hype. I read countless happy customers, but of course, I was skeptical. Not to mention, I was nervous about the price tag, and then I received it at my door....and I've been a Prime 1 believer ever since. The detail is ridiculously unbelievable. You grab each part as you assemble it and you just feel the value. That's why the 2099 piece will be a day 1 piece.

For the record though, I don't care too much for the 2009 piece. I much prefer the 2099 version.

:lol:lol:lol at the 2009... as you can see I have no idea of the character or story line, but I can see a cool piece and it will be mine...:lol

I agree that the new Deadpool looks to be a winner as long as they can deliver on the QC end. I didn't order it as I sold the original a long time ago when the movie came out. I'm debating it though but told myself I wouldn't buy anything not related to spidey or Hulk.

Of course I have reserved a spot for the up coming Moon Knight from XM, That piece is awesome and I loved that little known character when I was a youngling

:lol:lol:lol at the 2009... as you can see I have no idea of the character or story line, but I can see a cool piece and it will be mine...:lol

I agree that the new Deadpool looks to be a winner as long as they can deliver on the QC end. I didn't order it as I sold the original a long time ago when the movie came out. I'm debating it though but told myself I wouldn't buy anything not related to spidey or Hulk.

Of course I have reserved a spot for the up coming Moon Knight from XM, That piece is awesome and I loved that little known character when I was a youngling

I'm giving you a hard time. :lol

Yeah, I got a good feeling about Deadpool, despite the price tag.

SS raise price with each PO. Doubt the workers in china or anywhere in the world gets wage increase every 3 month :rotfl

Back