Nobody can complain about Sideshow Prices anymore - check XM Studios pricing - Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5.gif

fail-gif-shopping-cart.gif

pump-you-up-fail.gif

Girl-Exercise-In-Kitchen-Funny-Fail-Gif.gif

F A I L !
Zinnng! Friggin' hilarious Centurion!

tapatalk_1470450187365.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Well if this is the best a mod can do I doubt they have the awareness to just close a stupid thread rather it seems they will join in. smh

It is quiet obvious that our Mod, whom should be neutral and professional in all matter aspects, is always very bias toward XM for some reason. Might as well let CBG be the Mod :clap

It is quiet obvious that our Mod, whom should be neutral and professional in all matter aspects, is always very bias toward XM for some reason. Might as well let CBG be the Mod :clap

where is CBG???

I'm amazed at how popular he is with posters here.

I've had little interaction with him though.

anyone willing to part with their XM Venom for a SS Deadpool? Fully paid and all...

Since Deadpool is soooooooooooooooooooooo expensive and XM is much cheaper Id assume people would jump at the idea.

... *crickets chirping*

Well if this is the best a mod can do I doubt they have the awareness to just close a stupid thread rather it seems they will join in. smh

:rotfl

anyone willing to part with their XM Venom for a SS Deadpool? Fully paid and all...

Since Deadpool is soooooooooooooooooooooo expensive and XM is much cheaper Id assume people would jump at the idea.

... *crickets chirping*

Suddenly there is a new contender for worst comment for basic math and economics. I wonder why no one would trade a highly sought piece such as Venom with a super light piece made of various materials, more than likely QC issues, wont look like proto with a bait and switch production piece with weak paint and a sky high ES. It doesnt make sense why even if they r priced the same people wouldnt take that trade.

Suddenly there is a new contender for worst comment for basic math and economics. I wonder why no one would trade a highly sought piece such as Venom with a super light piece made of various materials, more than likely QC issues, wont look like proto with a bait and switch production piece with weak paint and a sky high ES. It doesnt make sense why even if they r priced the same people wouldnt take that trade.

they arent priced the same... apparently XM pieces are cheaper... so cheap that no one seems to throw a hissy fit for 100 plus pages over price.

Amazing.

its also amazing that you've predicted the actual product quality of Deadpool, you mind doing something useful and predicting the lottery numbers.

There was no math involved in this thread so I dont even know what the hell you are talking about.

they arent priced the same... apparently XM pieces are cheaper... so cheap that no one seems to throw a hissy fit for 100 plus pages over price.

Amazing.

its also amazing that you've predicted the actual product quality of Deadpool, you mind doing something useful and predicting the lottery numbers.

There was no math involved in this thread so I dont even know what the hell you are talking about.

I like to chime in! ^^!!

While the prices for XM Studios are higher than most Sideshow PFs', they make up for it in much better QC and packaging quality. In addition, every piece comes with a really nice print. (Isn't Sideshow charging like $99 bucks for a print albeit a limited one?!?!) There is also a cap of 999 for their edition size which helps to retain value if you want to sell in the future. Sideshow's packaging is getting better these days with higher quality for their styrofoam but it still doesn't have the premium feel of XM's. As well, based on the past, Sideshow QC is a hit or miss. Basically a lottery for QC for Sideshow's pieces.

Take a statue like the Sideshow Superman/Batman PF as an example. It's a great statue but with the high edition size, you'd be lucky to resell it at retail price even if it's the exclusive version. (I know this from personal experience!)

Some may argue that they are keeping everything they bought in their collection. But I'm sure for a lot of people, interest/direction may change and they switch up their collection. 2 years is a long time in the statue collecting world! ^^!!

While we don't know the edition size for Deadpool yet, I'm almost certain it will be over 999. Take a look at the Dark Phoenix PF (2500 edition size for exclusive) or Captain Marvel PF (1500 ES for the exclusive). If I were to make an educated guess based on past releases, I'd say the edition size would probably falls between 1250 to 2500 just for the exclusive version. I highly doubt Sideshow wouldn't take advantage of Deadpool's current popularity and give it a low edition size.

I long for the old days where Sideshow pieces are actually limited and there's an excitement logging on in hopes of getting the preorder. Remember the online priority order? Now there is no point in preordering with the TBD... just wait till it gets waitlisted and then hop on the waitlist. Chances are your order will convert.

trust me ... I get it. I've heard this again and again.

But what destroys the debate is the fact that importing a XM here to Canada is in excess of $250 for freight costs alone. Not to mention difficulty receiving any sort of warranty / replacement due to logistics.

Product quality is now subjective since no one can say for sure that XM consistently will deliver 100% of the time, and Sideshow is prone to obsolescence

Of the MARVEL Xm pieces Ive seen in hand... only Kraven, Sandman, Magneto, Black Bolt, and Venom impress me.

I have 20 preorders with Sideshow. In the past year I havent had ONE issue with quality control.. other than Fed EX destroying my prints in transit. I have no reason to doubt the quality of Deadpool (new PF) when it arrives.

Back