Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nintendo 3DS

IF the US release has that blue, that will be the one I get...assuming it doenst look to light in hand,.

It is though. I don't think $300 is too bad for what they are offering.

That's because (and I use this loosely) you are an adult. I'm assuming you have some sort of income coming in to be able to pay for it?

Let's be honest. Nintendo's main audience is children. Do you see parents shelling out $300 for the new "game boy"? I don't see that happening.

Of course the die hard Nintendo fans will buy. However, that's not what they want. If this doesn't get into the kiddies hands I do believe it will fail. And if it's that price I don't see it.

That's because (and I use this loosely) you are an adult. I'm assuming you have some sort of income coming in to be able to pay for it?

That's kinda the thing. Imagine if you had more than one kid? That $300 adds up fast.

If it were just me, I probably wouldn't balk at the price. Since I'd be getting one for my kid as well (or maybe "instead of" because of the price), that $300 is really a big chunk of change for something that is likely to be lost or stolen.

*insert rant about teaching your kids to take care of their things here*

That's kinda the thing. Imagine if you had more than one kid? That $300 adds up fast.

If it were just me, I probably wouldn't balk at the price. Since I'd be getting one for my kid as well (or maybe "instead of" because of the price), that $300 is really a big chunk of change for something that is likely to be lost or stolen.

*insert rant about teaching your kids to take care of their things here*

Yep, that price point isn't good. Also you have to also consider how many different DS's parents have probably bought their kids over the past couple years. Every year it's something else. That also adds up fast.

If they could get the price to be $250, I think that will be the pricing point sweet spot.

I dunno, when it comes to a portable toy for kids, it's gotta be under $200. Not because I value the tech less, but because of the probability of it getting stolen or lost.

Adult toys like the iPhone, I can justify more expense, but not something that is meant for kids.

So far, none of the official advertising material has featured kids. So maybe it's not meant for kids.... :dunno That would be a mistake though, imo.

What they should do is pack in a free game with the 3DS. It's imperative considering the price. They did it for the NES, SNES, Wii, and one of the DS versions.

You gotta wonder how much of a profit Nintendo could be making off of this thing.

What they should do is pack in a free game with the 3DS. It's imperative considering the price. They did it for the NES, SNES, Wii, and one of the DS versions.

You gotta wonder how much of a profit Nintendo could be making off of this thing.

:lecture Yeah throwing in a game always takes the shock factor away. However, it is hard to pitch the sale when you drop $300 and still have to buy a game to play on it.

Let's be honest. Nintendo's main audience is children. Do you see parents shelling out $300 for the new "game boy"? I don't see that happening.

Of course the die hard Nintendo fans will buy. However, that's not what they want. If this doesn't get into the kiddies hands I do believe it will fail. And if it's that price I don't see it.

Parents can afford them, and nowadays they wil buy anything for their kids to shut them up and let them raise them for them.

As technology advances prices go up, no doubt a 3D system is going to cost more than the DS..the PSP was about over $200 when launched.

Parents can afford them, and nowadays they wil buy anything for their kids to shut them up and let them raise them for them.

As technology advances prices go up, no doubt a 3D system is going to cost more than the DS..the PSP was about over $200 when launched.

Guess the nations current unemployment level and overall economy has managed to stay clear of your area then?

Guess the nations current unemployment level and overall economy has managed to stay clear of your area then?

Still $300 is a decent price for a cutting edge handheld console. It's basically half of that at what the current gen consoles launched at.

Especially if you get your moneys worth with all the new games.

I dunno, when it comes to a portable toy for kids, it's gotta be under $200. Not because I value the tech less, but because of the probability of it getting stolen or lost.

Adult toys like the iPhone, I can justify more expense, but not something that is meant for kids.

So far, none of the official advertising material has featured kids. So maybe it's not meant for kids.... :dunno That would be a mistake though, imo.

I don't think that Nintendo is expecting it as a big seller for kids, kids don't care about a lot of the tech. Which is actually a good thing, it means when the price goes down that then it will be in range for kids to get, where when it first comes out it'll be more likely adults.

Back