nick-a-trons proton pack building and painting guide.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick-a-tron

Freaked Out
Reaction score
hey everyone. i know alot of you who have purchased a proton pack kit from me have asked for a building and painting guide, so here you go :D

step 1:
wash all parts in warm soapy water, dry thoroughly, and clean off any flash from the parts...
minipack22.jpg

step 2:
drill a shallow hole into the gun box and gun track to insert the magnets. make sure you have the magnets the correct way around as to attract and not repel! use superglue to keep them in place...
packins1.jpg

packins2-1.jpg

step 3:
drill a small hole into the gearbox tube and the rod below it...
packins3.jpg

step 4:
drill a small hole into the centre of the bumper, superglue in a small piece of metal rod, drill a small hole into the base of the ion knob and super glue onto the rod making sure the base of the ion knob touches the bumper (this "pinning" method is used quite alot on the pack)...
packins5.jpg

packins6.jpg

packins7.jpg

step 5:
use the same pinning method to attach the ion arm to the pack. also drill 2 small holes into the top and bottom of the arm to attach the ion rods...
packins4.jpg

packins9.jpg

packins10.jpg

step 6:
use the pinning method (but using a much smaller metal rod, a paperclip is perfect) attach the clippard to the gun box...
packins11.jpg

step 7:
again use the pinning method to attch the gun handles (again use paperclips) and then simply superglue the gun track (base) to the gun box...
packins12.jpg

step 8:
pin the injector tubes onto the pack. use two pins, one in each tube for added strength. also you can add 2 smaller tubes to the base of each tube to help suppoert the wires you will add later...
packins8.jpg

now you need to drill all the small holes to attach the wires. for the resistors on the ion arm i used the palstic tube from inside a pen;. i cut off a small piece, glued it to the ion arm and then threaded the wire through it. the 2 small discs used to attach the thicker black tube on the right of the pack were made by cutting 2 small slices off the pen tube, gluing them into 2 small drilled holes and then drilling 2 smaller holes into the side of them, gluing in a thin plastic rod and then using these small rods as the hose connectors.
packins13.jpg

PAINTING GUIDE COMING SOON.

Wow this is FUN :sick

What kind of drill are you using Nick? Would love to see some pics of it.

Also what kind of pen would be good to use in order to cut the inside?

Thanks

Sal

Last edited:
the type of drill im using Sal is a handheld pin vice. i dont trust electric drills with such small parts. as for the pen any kind of disposable biro will be fine. just make sure theres no ink left in it or it can get messy.

argh im so sorry i forgot to post a painting guide. and ive just built up another 1/6th pack so could have used that as a step by step guide. erm...give me a bit more time and ill see if i can get something up. watch this space.

argh im so sorry i forgot to post a painting guide. and ive just built up another 1/6th pack so could have used that as a step by step guide. erm...give me a bit more time and ill see if i can get something up. watch this space.

Ok, buddy... I am starting to assemble these... How about giving us a n ice painting guide? ;)

Back