Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they originally said it was a PF, I think the Legacy statue was meant to be bigger. So I'm wondering if they decided to scale it down since at 1:4 scale a Navi would be 27 inches tall, which is very big.

I probably won't be purchasing but am def interested in seeing how big they made this. Even though she is crouching it should still have a substantial size to it.

Well, they originally said it was a PF, I think the Legacy statue was meant to be bigger. So I'm wondering if they decided to scale it down since at 1:4 scale a Navi would be 27 inches tall, which is very big.

In the 3/16/10 "Neytiri Inside Look" they state that they were making the crouching Neytiri as a PF but then scaled her down when they realized that Legacy was also making a Neytiri.

Turning this from a PF to a smaller statue is a dumb move. I love the pose, it really captures Neytiri for me, and the preliminary drawings or pics of the Legacy one being more of a standing up pose did not impress me as much as the crouched one. Now it is painted the hair line is not right, and knowing this is going to be like 17 inches high is a shame...

This is the crouching Neytiri, so its the one that they said would be smaller than 1/4 scale and fully sculpted. The standing Neytiri will be full 1/4 scale and made in conjunction with Legacy Effects. Based on the preview today, I'll be holding out for the PF.

Legacys is a Maquette and i think will be the one i end up buying as early pics seem to suggest it will capture Neytirs spirit better.

SS version looks ok and i'll probably order as a safety before seeing if Legacys is in fact better.

Turning this from a PF to a smaller statue is a dumb move. I love the pose, it really captures Neytiri for me, and the preliminary drawings or pics of the Legacy one being more of a standing up pose did not impress me as much as the crouched one. Now it is painted the hair line is not right, and knowing this is going to be like 17 inches high is a shame...

Actually I think it was very smart move from Sideshow. That pose in 1/4 scale would be a very difficult piece for most people to accommodate due to its size. This way Sideshow have a Neytiri for everyone, those who have the space/cash can go for the Legacy maquette and if not they have you covered with their smaller version. Everybody wins!

I'll probably pre-order this one as a precaution but I'll be looking to get the Legacy piece if it's not too expensive.

Actually I think it was very smart move from Sideshow. That pose in 1/4 scale would be a very difficult piece for most people to accommodate due to its size. This way Sideshow have a Neytiri for everyone, those who have the space/cash can go for the Legacy maquette and if not they have you covered with their smaller version. Everybody wins!
:exactly: :goodpost:

I'll probably pre-order this one as a precaution but I'll be looking to get the Legacy piece if it's not too expensive.

Yep that's what i'll be doing as well. :hi5:

I'm considering getting this instead of Hot Toys.

My main reason is durability, HT will no doubt use rubber.

did sideshow resolve the paint cracking issues?

Video is up showing some of the SSC Booth. Neytiri looks great.

Netstatue.jpg

Awesome. The amp suit is supposed to be 21 inches high so she looks to be about 20 inches. (Unless there's an extra stand of something throwing things off.)

Would love if she was 1/6 scale...

Awesome. The amp suit is supposed to be 21 inches high so she looks to be about 20 inches. (Unless there's an extra stand of something throwing things off.)

Would love if she was 1/6 scale...

Well, she appears to be standing in a tree, so I wouldn't get too excited about the height. She does appear to be a nice size though, at least compared to the AMP.

Back