Next Joe tease!!! Looks like Duke!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The headsculpt does worry me a little bit, but I think that no matter what it isn't going to please everyone. I am just hoping they keep it close to the card art of the cartoon.

Sculpt doesn't bother me too much, as long as it similar to the original figure. I'm more interested in the outfit being as close as possible.

Why would he have a beard? I think its just from the pic being enlarged and lightened.
thats my point, it shouldnt, but...if you recall, old school gi joe had those goofy fuzzy beards, and that pic looks like he has some chin music going on...i dont think SS is dumb enough to try to please 2 groups of fans and piss them both off at the same time...i hope

Although Duke is my least liked main Joe character, I'm glad to see he's next!
I don't see any beard stubble, just a very strong looking thin cheeked facial structure. Like Jamie Bamber from Battlestar Gallactica.

I feel the same way. Not the biggest fan of Duke. I prefered Flint myself. Duke always seemed too goodey two shoes to me.

I feel the same way. Not the biggest fan of Duke. I prefered Flint myself. Duke always seemed too goodey two shoes to me.

Yep, that's exactly how I feel, I think it was the figure's grin that turned me against him. But if Sideshow makes Duke a tough looking no nonsense soldier, that opinion will completely change.

Maybe the exclusive will be a second smiling head? If it is it'll be the first excl. that I would pay more not to have.

Not a huge Duke fan, but I will pick him up for sure! Snkae Eyes needs some company.

thats my point, it shouldnt, but...if you recall, old school gi joe had those goofy fuzzy beards, and that pic looks like he has some chin music going on...i dont think SS is dumb enough to try to please 2 groups of fans and piss them both off at the same time...i hope

You got a point there.. it COULD be Joe colton,and not duke. I'd be fine with that too.
His Laser rifle better not be an exclusive, no one elses original fantasy weapon has been an exclusive ( cobra commander's laser pistol, snake eye's Saber) and there are other guys who have the same laser rifle. No, his exclusive should be something unique to Duke, something that no one else should have.

I really don't see facial hair I think that's just the pixels going ballistic in the blown up shot. His left arm looks fuzzy too but he's going to have arm hair.

Looks pretty close to me. I don't think an M-32 is real but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

l_DRF71417.jpg

11.jpg

Well, you really could make the same comparison between Duke's M-32 and an MP-5 or MP-38. The similarities are very basic and superficial.

Real or not, I'd prefer it if it was an M-32 (w/green plastic parts).

Real or not, I'd prefer it if it was an M-32 (w/green plastic parts).

Well of course the best case scenario is that SSC makes his original rifle in 1/6 scale. I'm sure that goes without saying for all of us. In the event that they don't at least there are pretty good approximations currently available.

I don't think he has a beard either, he probably has the G.I.Joe scar as mentioned before. Overall he looks good, not a big fan of the weapon but not a deal breaker.

I am a huge fan of Duke. He took on Serpentor head-to-head twice in the movie, even captured him. I knew there a lot of Flint fans out there, he was pretty much the star of the first season of the show. I personally thought Flint was Diet Duke, not quite the leader, a Warrant Officer so not quite a soldier like Duke. Either way I am really happy to see Duke is next in line.

Well of course the best case scenario is that SSC makes his original rifle in 1/6 scale. I'm sure that goes without saying for all of us. In the event that they don't at least there are pretty good approximations currently available.

I have a spare folding stock for a Swedish K from my 21st Century Mike Force figure that I might try gluing on the butt of a spare MP5 A3 if the look isn't "there" with the guns Sideshow offers. Then it'd just be a matter of chopping off the front sight to get it closer to Duke's SMG.

Back