Next Adam Hughes Comiquette ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody has even said that. That was 100% made up by you and not a bit funny

I never said it was true.. I just said "Looks like there won't".. not "There isn't going to be" :D and yes it's funny! :lol :monkey3

I'm just saying Toyfair isn't the Big reveal of the year (much like Spooktacular). They are revealing Indy, Jurassic, Gandalf.. those are the big announcements... everything else will more likely be items already released and seen.

I hope I'm wrong... I'm just basing it on the past. :rolleyes:

I never said it was true.. I just said "Looks like there won't".. not "There isn't going to be" :D and yes it's funny! :lol :monkey3

I'm just saying Toyfair isn't the Big reveal of the year (much like Spooktacular). They are revealing Indy, Jurassic, Gandalf.. those are the big announcements... everything else will more likely be items already released and seen.

I hope I'm wrong... I'm just basing it on the past. :rolleyes:

well since you put the cute little monkey face with a halo at the end I forgive you. :ted and I seriously think one will be shown at toy fair.

I wouldn't bet on it. Check out the Toy Fair Question Marks thread.

yep I just seen that and that is BS sideshow. I'm seriously sick of waiting for it along with everyone else. They can do a million stupid 12" figures and the busts constantly but this is ridiculous.

Yep...and ToyFair really isn't "for the fans". ToyFair is actually put on by toy companies FOR retail outlets (mainly big ones like Toys R' US,Wal-Mart,Target, etc.) to help companies sell their products and interest to retail chains.

Sideshow really doesn't deal with big retailers (aside from some online retailers that buy their stock) as they are direct-to-consumer sales essentially. Going all the way to New York and ToyFair and paying all the money to ship their products, their flights, their lodgings, etc. is one big waste of time and money for them...so why not just show their new stuff online instead?

I wonder what the hold up. I'm sure there is a good reason for it, I can't conceive of a reason for sideshow to hold off on them.

Well didn't AH say that they keep changing their minds on which character to do... That could be a stressful long process.

This wait is getting rediculous. Nobody is asking for the statue to be released, everyone just wants to know who we're waiting for. I'm sure we can all wait another few months after the announcement is made to see the actual statue. But c'mon, I think AH and Allison have pretty much confirmed the next one has been decided on. Sideshow needs to stop letting all these "events" go by without any announcements.

But if they made the announcement, the comiquette should be up for preorder the following week, and as I've said in a previous post, there have been many cancellations and returns and they need to sell more Black Cats

But if they made the announcement, the comiquette should be up for preorder the following week, and as I've said in a previous post, there have been many cancellations and returns and they need to sell more Black Cats

The Black Cat is not what's slowing them down. They need to get their stuff together already

None of these look like hughes comiquettes to me.:monkey2
TF.jpg

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll announce the last 3 all together. And that's why there has been such a long hold up.

None of these look like hughes comiquettes to me.:monkey2
TF.jpg

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll announce the last 3 all together. And that's why there has been such a long hold up.

or maybe since toyfair runs until wed they will announce the new one thursday night in the newsletter

*whew*... those are some feisty ninjas.

Okay; in all seriousness? I got puppies, two of them, part way through December, and between keeping up with them, my deadlines on card art, and Adam, I've just been crazy busy.

So; you guys want a Maquette. Who can blame you. I just read back about 3 pages and will help as I can.

Why only 6 maquettes? Adam is currently under an exclusive contract with DC Comics. He had the original 6 maquettes written into that contarct. His exclusive will be up when All Star Wonder Woman is completed; something Adam is working on right now. When will he be done with ASWW? Probably right about the time that Maquette 6 is done. So maybe there will be more then....

How About a Toy Fair Announcement? Now I might be mistaken, but I don't believe Sideshow is going to Toyfair this year. At least I hope they aren't because they've asked Adam out to thier offices next week, and he'll feel silly being there if everyone else is in New York.

Why the delays? A few reasons; most of them involving Ninjas. Seriously though, the delays have been for multiple reasons; Adam does his design work to fit in with his regular comics gig, and the sculptor on this next one also was pulled to work on other pieces. Or do we forget that there are some very exciting new licenses around the corner? I'd blame Catwoman covers, All Star Wonder Woman and Indiana Jones for the delays. But I'd do it very quietly; any one of them could kick our @$$.

Where is AtomHues? Do you want your maquettes or not? The guy's working, for goodness sakes! In all seriousness, Adam has been really over the coals with deadlines these last few months. Hopefully his schedule will relax in the next few weeks and he can come and say hello again.

Adam Hughes here.

OK, I guess I have to come out of the cave and answer a question or two.

Allison is correct with all her answers. Deadlines and the addition of two puppies who are putting on about 5 lbs of growth a week are really taking up time.

I stopped posting on the board because I found that when I posted, I had to post really long, detailed posts to make sure my points got across. Why? Because while posters and trollers like short posts, all you end up with is a bunch of people not understanding you, or reading into what you're trying to say. I found that I was losing entire afternoons or evenings posting, then reposting to clarify, or replying to clear up someone's misconception. Also, I found myself having to repeat myself over and over again because some people couldn't take the time to go back 5 pages and read what had already been written on certain subjects.

As for the comiquettes, I'll reiterate that Sideshow has a finite number of crafstmen & women who can create their protoypes. On the comiquette that is currently being worked on, the sculptor had to be pulled off it TWICE to go get something else done that was even more urgent. What could be more urgent?

Here's an example: you're a sculptor working on an AH! comiquette, which the fans are clamoring for. Sideshow just gets word back from Big Fantasy Film Licensor #1 that the likeness on the Premium Format figure of their Main Character isn't good enough, and it needs to be changed. Well, the Main Character PF figure was scheduled to be finished last week, and the guy who worked on that has moved on to another assignment. Who can we get to make the Big Fantasy Film Licensor changes? Hey, get the guy who's working on that AH! comiquette that isn't scheduled yet. "But it'll put the AH! Comiquette behind schedule, boss!" "Can't be helped, Drone Number 4."

I can't say this enough: quality takes time. And Sideshow does not have infinite resources in the talent department. They have to spread their talent pool around very carefully. For every time that there is a post here about 'where is the next comiquette?', there is a post in the LOTR forum asking "where is the next Premium Format figure?". Repeat that for every single license Sideshow has, and you'll get an idea of how much work it is to get all these great collectibles out there and in with some level of quality and craftmanship. When you've only got a handful of sculptors, painters, fabricators you can only get so much done. Add to that you have to answer to licensors, many of whom ask for ridiculous changes or will reject something for no reason you, I, or Sideshow can fathom; these things can set schedules back.

Even though Sideshow isn't going to be at ToyFair, we all know they will be making announcements all this weekend and next week. I'm going out to Sideshow next week to talk about comiquettes, and a lot more.

Please be patient; we're trying our best to do it all, and make sure none of it sucks.

-AH!

Thanks for posting you guys but that still makes me mad for some reason. However,I noticed you said you were going to talk to Sideshow about the comiquettes and A LOT MORE! I hope that was a hint as you will be making other things as well

Thanks for posting you guys but that still makes me mad for some reason. However,I noticed you said you were going to talk to Sideshow about the comiquettes and A LOT MORE! I hope that was a hint as you will be making other things as well

No reason to be mad. I'd be mad if Sideshow was rushing these to keep them on schedule, and foregoing any kind of quality control to do it. I think there's enough junky looking comic statues on the market. I'd rather they take all the time needed to make these statues be as nice as they can, and as true to Adam's designs as possible. And really? I'd rather have more time between statues to be able to afford them all, as opposed to them coming out one after the other, and some people having to pass due to financial reasons.

I apologize for whatever makes you mad, but those the answers to everyone's questions.

-AH!

Back