New york newbie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PopCultKid

MURDERS & EXECUTIONS
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Top of the morn Freaks & Freakettes!!!(are there freakettes here??) I've been poking around here for about 7-8 months and finally decided to make a profile. Still have been lurking and haven't posted till today.

I grew up hooked on movies of a lot of different genres and also grew up reading comic books. Like most kids I was crazy about toys and even at a young age always had that collectors spirit(or addicition,whatever lol). Eventually I grew out of collecting but never grew out of the love for movies and the interest for many of the modern mythologies.

Last year I rediscovered collecting and it's been a blast. I'm in love with these wildly expensive little pieces of plactic and metal and I'm gonna need 2 more jobs and another house soon to store all of this crap :).

I'm mostly into 1/6 figs and prop replicas. I love a lot of the customs done by many of the talanted artist here. I do want to start getting into screen used stuff too.

This seems like a great communitty and I look forward to spending time here. ENJOY COLLECTING FREAKS!!!!

MIKE

eBay: Mikede157

Last edited:
Wutz up NYers! Thanx Jack D!

@The Skull: As far as I know there are much better shops in Manhattan and L.I. In Queens the only decent place that comes to mind is Royal Collectibles in Forest Hills. There are a bunch of comic shops, but they don't have too much in the way of collectibles, it's mostly books. In L.I. there's a good handful but two great shops are AMOK Time & Chosen One Collectible Toys. Of course there's Forbiden Planet, Toy Toyko and Midtown Comics(3 locations) in the city.

I don't know what borougho you live in but I'm sure you heard of some or all of these. I'm sure you can find a couple in Brooklyn, Bronx & and S.I. also.

@sithjedi171: YEA BRO!!!!!!!!!! Check out what hat I was wearing all day...

DSC00484.jpg

Wutz up NYers! Thanx Jack D!

@The Skull: As far as I know there are much better shops in Manhattan and L.I. In Queens the only decent place that comes to mind is Royal Collectibles in Forest Hills. There are a bunch of comic shops, but they don't have too much in the way of collectibles, it's mostly books. In L.I. there's a good handful but two great shops are AMOK Time & Chosen One Collectible Toys. Of course there's Forbiden Planet, Toy Toyko and Midtown Comics(3 locations) in the city.

I don't know what borougho you live in but I'm sure you heard of some or all of these. I'm sure you can find a couple in Brooklyn, Bronx & and S.I. also.

@sithjedi171: YEA BRO!!!!!!!!!! Check out what hat I was wearing all day...

DSC00484.jpg

Thanks, yeah I'm on long island myself, I have been to amoktime and chosen one collectibles, both are great but amok moved about a year or so ago and I've been to lazy to find out where:slap

Amok moved to Hicksville. Check em out. Great store. I don't know how much you get to the city, or if your familiar with those spots I mentioned but Toy Tokyo and Forbidden Planet is where its at. Midtown Comics too

Cool thanks, I will be going to the city next week I might get a chance to check one of them out. I will likey find where amok moved soon enought just was'nt a priority atm, but I am interested to see how they set up the new location. Don't know if you get to LI often but theres a small shop in massaqpiua on montauk hwy called fantastic toyage thats pretty cool.

Back