Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on board for this. But not it might be an easy pass. Shame really.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So what do you all think of the production photo’s from Sideshow?

I think it’s not bad at all. Though the one image has him falling over from that angle

Pictures look a bit harsh also. Very saturated

4fb5b4b7accc935d6b3f06b93f5b8dd4.jpg

f68dffbe4c00b9b508fc5dabb6b9bc41.jpg

5e44be5ac1093aa0889c7140b1ac4fad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get these pics from?

I know you said SideShow ...but a link would be nice.

Hm. Man. This was such an easy, obvious purchase when it was revealed, now I just don’t know. I mean he is obviously leaning in that picture (where were these pics taken from?) and his face looks worse.

I’m still going to wait on more information, but at the same time I’m not really sure how many more things I’m willing to buy from this company. What happens between “prototype” and what people actually get is a huge problem. If the people they hire to mass produce cannot equally replicate what they make on a one-off, then they shouldn’t be doing it. It’s REALLY a downer to see them make this perfect piece, charge based off of that, and then we end up getting something that isn’t the same/worth that much. The face actually bothers me more than the lean, but yes the lean does suck. And for them to (apparently) not have completely fixed it is embarrassing. That reeks of 1) poor craftsmanship and 2) not really caring.

I'm about to sell a lot of my stuff, after which I was going to institute a stronger 'quality over quantity' policy for myself. This was originally on my radar, and I was super stoked for in-hand pics. Guess I don't have to worry about choosing anymore. :(

Pure crap? That’s a pretty bold statement my man. Pray tell, which Wolverine statue tops this, in any scale? Show the pics and the proof. If not(?), I fear Mr. Walker you’re off your rocker.:wink1:

Hyperbole. The paint job is an embarrassment. 3rd grader material. That I stand by.

Hyperbole. The paint job is an embarrassment. 3rd grader material. That I stand by.

Now I'm really intrigued. You stand by what exactly? What mind blowing paint jobs are you comparing this to? What better Wolverine statue are you comparing this to? Please enlighten. 3rd grader material, really? Show the pics, and let’s see what you stand by, cause it’s real easy to mouth off without substance, or waiting to see the product in hand, or better pics offered by collectors.

This >
41MabJ2SuwL._SX355_.jpg
is a turd.

Do I need to display a pic of a "better" turd?

Sorry, didn't realize the person who painted it would be in the thread.
munch.gif

As suspected, nothing. Just a big steaming pile of BS. And as for a better turd pic(?), just take a selfie.

All I can do is laugh when I see stuff like this from them. It's happened so often, it doesn't even faze me anymore.

Will wait what SSC has to say about this.

If they go ahead and ship this production statue with Wolverine leaning like that, they would be officially out of their collective minds. So we shall see what occurs here .....

All I can do is laugh when I see stuff like this from them. It's happened so often, it doesn't even faze me anymore.

It doesn't faze me anymore either. What does faze me, though, is the amount of fan boys that defend Sideshow to the death, even though this kinda crap happens so often. It wasn't that long ago, people were receiving broken Thanos maquettes left and right, or before that when 100% of customers received Huntress with cape bleeds all over.

The unmasked head looks solid.

It’s still frustrating though to have to always wonder how much different the final version is going to be from their original. I don’t think it’s really a great long term situation to have yourself in as a company where you get everyone excited with what you show them originally, only to have them feel a bit of disappointment in what they actually end up getting because it’s of a lower quality. “I wish they could give me what I saw first” isn’t really something you want your customers saying repeatedly.

They need to be more conscious of what their mass production is capable of when they’re initially creating. Or they need better mass production. What they don’t need though is to start charging more and still have things like this happen. If price goes up and quality doesn’t, that’s a problem.

Back