Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's weird, from the back he looks great, but from the front he looks like he's leaning. I dont know and at this point I honestly don't care anymore. I will wait until I have it in my hands to determine if I dislike it enough to return it. Chances are I'm going to love it and keep it forever.

Based on that review, overall I think it looks amazing. The video quality wasn't the best but it looked like the paint apps were good, nothing on the face through me at all. I still don't like that lean. Looking at it head on it looks like the left side of the base needs to be raised a little for it to be perfect. You could probably stick a small wedge of paper underneath to achieve it, but it still looks great though.

click the "HD button", the video is excellent

and when I get mine I'm putting a level across the shoulders to confirm if it's leaning or not :lol

I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'll wait until it's in hand and make my final decision. I do have to say though, there's enough going on with this PF to concern me. A statue with a already leaning pose is asking for trouble with sideshow. I have to say that those mutton chops at the edges of his mask don't look all that good and I wish they went with a matte black for his costume and mask. On the plus side, I really like the rest of the PF and the EX portrait turned out great.

If all the production pieces end up with the so called lean, wouldn't that indicate that it was a design choice, rather than the figures weight causing the piece to lean to one side and warp etc?

As there are plenty of other pieces where a statues body isn't perfectly straight.

But then again from the original prototype pics no intentional lean was ever shown for this piece :dunno

If all the production pieces end up with the so called lean, wouldn't that indicate that it was a design choice, rather than the figures weight causing the piece to lean to one side and warp etc?

As there are plenty of other pieces where a statues body isn't perfectly straight.

But then again from the original prototype pics no intentional lean was ever shown for this piece :dunno
I don't think anyone is arguing it's a weight problem. It's absolutely a design choice. It was designed that way. Some artist thought it looked good and whoever approves those decisions agreed. Nothing is warping. It's a feature.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'll wait until it's in hand and make my final decision. I do have to say though, there's enough going on with this PF to concern me. A statue with a already leaning pose is asking for trouble with sideshow. I have to say that those mutton chops at the edges of his mask don't look all that good and I wish they went with a matte black for his costume and mask. On the plus side, I really like the rest of the PF and the EX portrait turned out great.

I canceled my pre order due to one fact. I hate when they show a nice matte finish only to be screwed over with a glassy look instead. Sideshow have done this countless times it’s so deceiving what you get afterwards. With XM you honestly do get better than the prototype. My Weapon X exceeded the prototype. I wish Sideshow would do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are not from Sideshow. Kelvin Loke took those pics.

Here’s a few more that he took...

499_E0816_3_D7_F_4533_938_B_D063215_A7186.jpg

3_F434_DF0_3_DD4_4_B0_E_AB41_421_F606_D1_D68.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up nearmint! The images like Kevin said in his video are over saturated which I thought the first time. Did he even have approval to post these lol. It’s pissed so many people off. I personally hate that glossy look. Overall I hope it turns out great.

Where did you get these pics from?

I know you said SideShow ...but a link would be nice.

Sorry man I missed this post. This was spread across the multiverse and it landed in my feed as production photo’s which has been confirmed isn’t true. But still leaves a sour question is this it?

I don't think anyone is arguing it's a weight problem. It's absolutely a design choice. It was designed that way. Some artist thought it looked good and whoever approves those decisions agreed. Nothing is warping. It's a feature.

That's not entirely true. Sometimes things slip through the cracks. When the modern Thor PF started shipping out, there was a terrible flaw with the base and the statue easily toppled over. Did sideshow design it like that? No because they stopped shipping out the statue and asked the few collectors who received their statues to send it back. They fixed the problem with a base attachment in the end. However, how the hell did such a glaring mistake make it past inspection anyway?

That's not entirely true. Sometimes things slip through the cracks. When the modern Thor PF started shipping out, there was a terrible flaw with the base and the statue easily toppled over. Did sideshow design it like that? No because they stopped shipping out the statue and asked the few collectors who received their statues to send it back. They fixed the problem with a base attachment in the end. However, how the hell did such a glaring mistake make it past inspection anyway?
Well in this case sideshow is aware there was a lean, because in the proto pictures they have a black cloth under it making it level. So they knew it was a thing. And they kept it. Lol.

So what do you all think of the production photo’s from Sideshow?

I think it’s not bad at all. Though the one image has him falling over from that angle

Pictures look a bit harsh also. Very saturated

4fb5b4b7accc935d6b3f06b93f5b8dd4.jpg

f68dffbe4c00b9b508fc5dabb6b9bc41.jpg

5e44be5ac1093aa0889c7140b1ac4fad.jpg

Eek... These cant be photos SSC is thinking of using.. Looks like all the bad first in hand photos we all complain about..

This looks like a "sure glad I waited" piece :lol

Hold up a sec. I have the Thor modern PF, it was actually my first purchase to get into the hobby. Bought it 2nd hand. Are you saying that 2nd part of the base that “completes” it wasn’t originally included with that statue? Because if not, wow. Whenever I move that statue I’m always ultra paranoid and do it really quick because it just feels inevitable that it’s going to fall over.

Anyway....let’s just see what happens when it’s all truly done and base judgement on that. We’re not far off.

Hold up a sec. I have the Thor modern PF, it was actually my first purchase to get into the hobby. Bought it 2nd hand. Are you saying that 2nd part of the base that “completes” it wasn’t originally included with that statue? Because if not, wow. Whenever I move that statue I’m always ultra paranoid and do it really quick because it just feels inevitable that it’s going to fall over.

Anyway....let’s just see what happens when it’s all truly done and base judgement on that. We’re not far off.
Yeah I have the Thor too. Originally it did not have that rock and toppled over with the lightest touch.

Yes, as hannibal already said, that piece originally shipped without the small base attachment to balance the statue. How in the world that was actually missed by sideshow is beyond explaining. You would think someone would've noticed an issue and corrected it.

Given their (read: SSC) questionable methods on previous product photos I wouldn't trust those either. So wait for more in-hand pictures and some reviews if you are in doubt.

Yes, as hannibal already said, that piece originally shipped without the small base attachment to balance the statue. How in the world that was actually missed by sideshow is beyond explaining. You would think someone would've noticed an issue and corrected it.

Yes, as Hannibal and fillip have already said, toppled....wtf....extra piece....corrected.

Doesn't SS usually put the Live vid up by now? I missed the actual broadcast, would like to see it vs screen caps.

When I first saw this piece I loved it. Now I feel kinda meh. Too much lean.
Unless he is positioned high on a cabinet you'll never see his face and the piece won't translate well. He should be more upright.

Back