Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can we all see how bad it is but it goes over the entire Sideshow team’s heads?

Ahaha exactly what I'm thinking...
When they first showed him on the live stream he was actually displayed side on. They might have realised he looks like he's leaning front on.
If they don't fix this and it's just going to lean like that then it will have to be displayed side on because that lean is off putting.

Whoa, that's a serious lean. I hope they fix this before it goes up for preorder.

This lean doesn't seem to show up in any of the other pics I can find of this piece. wolverine.jpgwolverine2.jpgwolverine3.jpg

In the Sideshow Live pic his left shoulder (our right) sits higher than the other shoulder, which isn't the case in any of the above - in fact it's the opposite. Is Sideshow's own piece seriously not even pegged in right in their own promotional video?! :slap

This lean doesn't seem to show up in any of the other pics I can find of this piece.View attachment 380099View attachment 380100View attachment 380101

In the Sideshow Live pic his left shoulder (our right) sits higher than the other shoulder, which isn't the case in any of the above - in fact it's the opposite. Is Sideshow's own piece seriously not even pegged in right in their own promotional video?! :slap

That's what I was thinking, good pick up though. None of the others have that lean. Sideshow is more concerned trying to push their less popular products us 👎🏼
They must have rushed the assembly and didn't push in the peg on his front leg

That's what I was thinking, good pick up though. None of the others have that lean. Sideshow is more concerned trying to push their less popular products us ����
They must have rushed the assembly and didn't push in the peg on his front leg

I hope that's the case. Because if the production pieces do have that fairly substantial lean, I'll end up passing on this. Not only does it look odd, there's also a possible issue with it toppling over with time.

I hope that's the case. Because if the production pieces do have that fairly substantial lean, I'll end up passing on this. Not only does it look odd, there's also a possible issue with it toppling over with time.

It would frustrate the **** out of me seeing it on a slant. I think I'm with you on this. Unfortunately it's my favourite blue and yellow Wolverine on the market, but that lean kills it.
Sideshow needs to stop being so oblivious to these issues. They are too concerned about special guests and promotional activities to clear out old stock. I'm still waiting for Carnage which apparently had QC issues with the first batch. Today I waited around to hear some more about the Wolverine PF on Sideshow Live and ended up having to sit around watching some bloke choking himself making ***** alien noises for 20 minutes just to see a leaning Wolverine.

This is very strange. It doesn't appear to be a stance that would cause leaning problems over time. It doesn't seem unusually unbalanced or anything. Trying to figure out what could be causing this. It looks to be all the way in the base. Maybe from multiple showings and re-packings, the holes have gotten enlarged or the pegs got slightly bent.

This is very strange. It doesn't appear to be a stance that would cause leaning problems over time. It doesn't seem unusually unbalanced or anything. Trying to figure out what could be causing this. It looks to be all the way in the base. Maybe from multiple showings and re-packings, the holes have gotten enlarged or the pegs got slightly bent.

Possibly, I think they've added some rocks under the base which could be causing the leaning?
I've emailed Sideshow asking them, so hopefully I get a decent response explaining why it appears to be leaning.

Someone posted this on Facebook. Looks like they added rocks to the base. This looks to be the cause.

izgOD3K.jpg

Why add rocks? Why is it leaning now.why why why. This is frustrating lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one clearly likes the lean at all. Hopefully the question will get answered soon but if not, wait until we see the PO with pictures to determine if it still in fact leans. If so I will be greatly disappointed.

Might just wait till final product release to order.

The only problem there is that the EX on this is a MUST have for me. If the EX sells out, I wouldn't pick up the REG on this. I don't understand why they changed the base at all. The prototype was universally well received. The was no need to change it. If Marvel made them change it then the least SS could do is make sure the figure was level on the new base. This has to be fixed. That lean looks horrible and awkward to say the least.

Honestly i will be pre-ordering this either way. It would still look great displayed at an angle like how it first appeared innthe sideshow live video. But yea i noticed the base looked different. its very strange that they would do that

This is a bonehead move! Period!

What The ***k, Sideshow! Get that lean ...rocks, whatever ...out of there. It was unnecessary!

Sometimes it only takes one decision to ruin an otherwise great statue.

agree. If the PO goes up with this lean there's no way I could order it and risk the final product piece looking like this.

Again. Very frustrating. That thing was good as is. At both conventions. I was sold. Now not so much. Between mags and now this i will be saving a lot of cash 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this went from a must-have to a big disappointment.

the addition of the rocks changed the height and caused the lean. They need to re-sculpt wolvie to accommodate the change or better yet, just get rid of the damn rocks.

Back