New to collecting, hall of fame nominees?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffle323

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So guys I was wondering what you would consider the Hall of fame statues out there, the grails, most popular, best detail, rarest?

I think from what I've gathered the main collectors like Lantern, Thor Classic, Gambit, Sauron, Doom PF's. Also have heard Big Chap and DROM. I know myself I've been hunting Zangief.

Thanks for the feedback just trying to build a truly amazing collection.

Not sure if i'd consider Sauron a grail, its a beautiful statue but could have been better, Darth Talon PF is what comes to my mind when I think grail, released at $279.99 and has gone for up to $2000 at one point. The Ben Kenobi Mythos statue has to be one of the most incredible statues sideshow has done to date, the amount of detail in just astounding.

Not sure if i'd consider Sauron a grail, its a beautiful statue but could have been better, Darth Talon PF is what comes to my mind when I think grail, released at $279.99 and has gone for up to $2000 at one point. The Ben Kenobi Mythos statue has to be one of the most incredible statues sideshow has done to date, the amount of detail in just astounding.

Ah yeah I saw Talon going for a good rate forgot about her. I'm actually not too impressed by it though, I dk not familiar with it

forget about "grails".

get what characters impress you the most. My suggestion is to try and stick to one line if you can...easier said that done for sure.

xm studios is making some killer stuff right now.

forget about "grails".

get what characters impress you the most. My suggestion is to try and stick to one line if you can...easier said that done for sure.

xm studios is making some killer stuff right now.

Oh I definitely agree but I'm just looking for recommendations, "Grail" is just a term used to say what's popular and why for me, usually pieces are popular because of craftsmanship etc and I want to know what pieces people find to be worthy of admiration. I got Skaar and to me that's a Grail because of the size and details but some people dont like it, either way I want to know what's really impressive out there. XM is great but over priced and troublesome to me, can't really see how people are okay with spending 3k on magneto, he's awesome for sure but 3k...

Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format.
Conan (Arnie) movie Premium Format.

Go with what you like, character you can connect with. They keep making new stuff, be patient.

So I decided to order Doom LSF because it looked epic, I only noticed 3 others from SS website , do they have any other old LSF that are notable? Wish they had a legacy catalog so I know what I like and can hunt for it like on Bowens

Most of the LSF are bit over priced IMO. Maybe you can find good deals on them.

Consider the Uruk-Hai Berserker PF by Sideshow. Reg or Ex(?), both are stunning options.

I consider all the pieces in my collection as grails :)

I would suggest:
Venom and Carnage
Reaper LSF is unlike any other statue out there when it comes to attention to detail. It's insane. Actually worth the price of admission.

I wouldn't focus on old stuff…get the new stuff as it comes out..right now theres a good selection/variation of companies (arh pcs, ss, xm, gentle giant, prime 1)..theres a bunch..get stuff at retail when it comes out..youll be much happier and your $$ will go farther..i would say if you're an x-men fan/magneto fan, try and get the xm magneto as its amazing..but if not I would look at their new stuff coming out and see if nay of those characters appeal to you..just buy what you think looks good though and don't go too much at once and buy on impulse..think about and try to have a vision in mind...

I wouldn't focus on old stuff…get the new stuff as it comes out..right now theres a good selection/variation of companies (arh pcs, ss, xm, gentle giant, prime 1)..theres a bunch..get stuff at retail when it comes out..youll be much happier and your $$ will go farther..i would say if you're an x-men fan/magneto fan, try and get the xm magneto as its amazing..but if not I would look at their new stuff coming out and see if nay of those characters appeal to you..just buy what you think looks good though and don't go too much at once and buy on impulse..think about and try to have a vision in mind...

Very good advice. So much new stuff and never ending.

Back