New Star Wars DVD's in 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking it's just a Box set. The HD versions will probably come out next year, especially since the format war will probably be continuing throughout this year.

I'll buy anyways every Star Wars dvd might come out... just Star Wars and a few others, for other stuff I'll wait the HD versions.

Knowing Lucas' passion for image quality, I'm sure LFL will wait to release HD DVDs until the HD DVD player and disc market grows a bit more, I think it's still too new and not mainstream enough to unleash now.

MaulFan said:
Knowing Lucas' passion for image quality, I'm sure LFL will wait to release HD DVDs until the HD DVD player and disc market grows a bit more, I think it's still too new and not mainstream enough to unleash now.

Probably correct, especially in conjunction with the format war comment above.

If there are scenes added or altered, I'll rent, and enjoy. :cool:

darthviper107 said:
I'm thinking it's just a Box set. The HD versions will probably come out next year, especially since the format war will probably be continuing throughout this year.

Fox is Blu Ray only so the format war doesn't have any effect on a release.

Yes it does. While Fox might be going Blu-Ray George Lucas is still in charge of the Star Wars releases. And if Blu-Ray loses out then that would be terrible if they were the only solution for Star Wars (then again, he could release them again the next year in HD-DVD and make people buy it again).

I'll buy them with the hopes that Bubo will be digitally added to the Jabba scene in ANH. Maybe he can turn to the camera right after Boba Fett does. I think that would be a pretty cool acknowledgement to the fans.

darthviper107 said:
Yes it does. While Fox might be going Blu-Ray George Lucas is still in charge of the Star Wars releases. And if Blu-Ray loses out then that would be terrible if they were the only solution for Star Wars (then again, he could release them again the next year in HD-DVD and make people buy it again).

I don't think there is any "could" about it. He will release them on every format and in every definition he can.

mfoga said:
Im in I have every DVD/VHS version so far why stop now.

Exactly. These are the ONLY films I continue to buy over and over again every time they're released so there's no reason to stop now.

Well, I spend (and many others on this forum) alot in Star Wars collectibles, so I don't see a problem buying more dvd sets as they come out.

*insert Robo's "Easy Pass" image here*

Wake me up when they're released in HD

DVD came out in 1997 and Lucas didn't release the OT on the format until 2004. HD-DVD and Blu-Ray have only been out for a few months now with very low sales #'s compared to DVD so don't expect a release on either format this year. Hell, you might not see a release until the 35th Anniversary when there will be clear winner in the format war.

Unless something's changed, I read an article a few months ago that there was only one HD-DVD player on the market, I don't know about the ones that play Blu Ray, but I can't see LFL putting the films out in a format that isn't in it's prime, not to mention, if he's always looking for ultimate picture and sound on these, if he waits for the industry to make this transition fully, odds are technology will have made even further leaps that would allow even better picture and sound delivery, so my guess would be that this year's release will either be an existing, standard DVD with new disc and packaging art, with all 6 bundled and maybe some new special bonus disc included, or if they really wanted to go huge, they could have a big box of Ep 1-6, the Ewok 2 Disc Set, the Droids/Ewoks cartoon disc, and CW Vol 1 & 2. Time will tell, but I'm a nut and I thrive on having every incarnation of these, I have every episode in Widescreen and Fullscreen, as well as both the Remastered and Original Version packs of the OT, so for those, I have 4 DVDs each, only 2 for the PT, so far...

I'm not suggesting it's going to happen anytime soon, in fact I predicted that Lucas would release it when the HD market becomes fat and ripe, which isn't anytime soon.

I'm just not buying it on DVD again is all.

Khev said:
hope that Bubo will be digitally added

Playing Dejarik against Asajj Ventress, to coincide with Sideshow's last 3 offerings. :D

Last edited:
Back