Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, it does look better in the video and will probably be even better in person. I still think it looks like a California raisin though. Anyway, I guess what the artist was going for, with the wrinkles, was movement? The base and especially the pose are awesome! Looks like I will be getting this after all...maybe...probably.

I agree, it does look better in the video and will probably be even better in person. I still think it looks like a California raisin though. Anyway, I guess what the artist was going for, with the wrinkles, was movement? The base and especially the pose are awesome! Looks like I will be getting this after all...maybe...probably.

Yeah I'd say it was the fluid-like symbiote effect.

Yeah I'd say it was the fluid-like symbiote effect.

Yeah I was gonna say that. More like the symbiote is alive and the skin is moving about.

It was like that in recent comics, Minimum Carnage and Carnage USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that's exactly what the artists are going for. That it's actually a living organism surrounding him and not just a "suit". I prefer him looking this way to be honest. I'm pretty sold on this with the McFarlane head.

Note: There are seams for both legs at the hips. They must connect magnetically.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

My guess is that's exactly what the artists are going for. That it's actually a living organism surrounding him and not just a "suit". I prefer him looking this way to be honest. I'm pretty sold on this with the McFarlane head.
The look is growing one me, the McFarlane head is growing on me.

McFarlane was the one who drew Venom first right? And Bagley did Carnage years later?
Just looked up what the Roman numerals were on the base. 1988, cool shout out to Venoms first appearance.

Yess good catch man.

The look is growing one me, the McFarlane head is growing on me.

McFarlane was the one who drew Venom first right? And Bagley did Carnage years later?

Yess good catch man.

Bagley was the one with the Carnage design and drew Carnage early on for the longest that I remember. McFarlane drew Venom a lot but the creation goes back a long ways with the spidey black suit.

Bagley was the one with the Carnage design and drew Carnage early on for the longest that I remember. McFarlane drew Venom a lot but the creation goes back a long ways with the spidey black suit.

Thanks man for the small Spider-Man history lesson. I'm not versed in much pre late 90's

Thanks man for the small Spider-Man history lesson. I'm not versed in much pre late 90's

I would have to look it up but I remember Jim Shooter talking in an interview about buying the rights to the black suit spidey design from a fan. That would have to be mid early 80s. If that is true, that is crazy stuff.

I would have to look it up but I remember Jim Shooter talking in an interview about buying the rights to the black suit spidey design from a fan. That would have to be mid early 80s. If that is true, that is crazy stuff.

Yeah I did some digging on Wikipedia, if it's reliable, they bought the idea of Black suit Spider-Man from a fan and the idea evolved to Venom over the years. McFarlane was the artist that drew Venom's first full appearance, this one:
f0285d747d686290ee35bfadac31ab5b6ae280e9_hq.jpg

I remember looking at the base thinking - I wonder what number that translates too? :lol

Nice work.

M = 1 thousand
C = 1 hundred
L = 50
X = 10
V = 5
I = 1

You have to read them from left to right and add each number, but keep in mind that if there is a lower number before a higher one, you have to subtract the lower from the higher. Which is:
MCM is 2 thousands and 1 hundred, but since 1 hundred (C) is before the second thousand, you have to subtract it, so it's 1900. Then you just add up 50, 3x10, 5 and 3x1 :)

Nice touch indeed btw, does the sculpture of the base have some other reference, anybody knows?

M = 1 thousand
C = 1 hundred
L = 50
X = 10
V = 5
I = 1

You have to read them from left to right and add each number, but keep in mind that if there is a lower number before a higher one, you have to subtract the lower from the higher. Which is:
MCM is 2 thousands and 1 hundred, but since 1 hundred (C) is before the second thousand, you have to subtract it, so it's 1900. Then you just add up 50, 3x10, 5 and 3x1 :)

Nice touch indeed btw, does the sculpture of the base have some other reference, anybody knows?

I will forget all of that in a few minutes. :lol

Not sure about the sculpture of the base reference.

Base is nice detail. The 2 metal rods flare out like a letter V - for Venom - and the Roman Gladiator head in the middle is great.

I'm starting to like Venom more and more. That's for the link, ID.

Same here. This is like the Thor PF all over again. I talked so much **** about Thor, now it's one of my favorite pieces. Every time I look at Venom I like it a little more. That pose blows me away. I just hope those leg seams don't make it look like he's wearing...a unitard maybe? I can't think of what it's called but my nieces wore them in dance class.

Back