Statue New Sideshow Godzilla Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I have the maquette, and comparing the two, I almost wish I could tear them apart and mix-n-match them. :lol More of it would be this one, though. If I ever come across someone with good sculpting skills, I'm going to try to get the arms and lower shins on mine redone with more scales and fine details. I'm still eager to give it a repaint too. But the more I think about it, I'd love to get this one and do a red/black.

View attachment 279622
That does look pretty cool the way the red parts highlight the details.

Not likely, but who knows. I'd spoken to some Sidehow people about Godzilla in the past and Toho Godzilla was a hard license to get, no lack of interest. This piece is more WB/Legendary to license so that opened a lot of doors. It led to a deal for NECA to produce Toho Godzillas, so anything is possible. Toho seems difficult in the approval process too though, so it may not be a good fit for Sideshow.

hey guys. a whole year and 3 months after putting in my pre-order, i finally got my ss godzilla statue! it arrived just a few days before christmas, so it was a nice gift for myself. according to my retailer, i was the only one to order this. when we unboxed it in the shop for inspection, the boss said he regrets not having gotten one for his private collection. :lol

overall, i am quite happy with it. the paint is fine, though not quite as detailed as i would've liked. but there is still a decent amount of variance to the colours and tones, and some light yet noticeable dry-brushing to bring out the finer textures. the sculpt is fairly sharp and detailed, and if you have a good light source, the scales, spines, bumps and whatnot will jump out at you.

as for the pose itself, i've always preferred this one over the maquette's. it just comes across more dynamic and alive. love the way his tail flows around him, and how ss has captured the tension in his muscles as he turns to face some adversary.

now i'm just trying to decide where's the best place to display the king of monsters.

here are some pics i took on my phone, so it's not pro quality. should give you guys an idea how mine turned out in hand.

GodzillaDurden1.jpg

GodzillaDurden2.jpg

GodzillaDurden3.jpg

GodzillaDurden4.jpg

GodzillaDurden5.jpg

GodzillaDurden6.jpg

Sorry for Necro-ing the thread but I just got this statue and WOW!

This... is arguably one of the best representation of Godzilla 2014. Even minor screen-inaccurate, this surpasses almost every G2014 collectibles out there. This statue has all standards from the age when SS was actually good. The weight, attention-to-details, the pose, dead-on sculpts. Although quite small, I'd proudly say it's one of the best in my collection and should be the one which all G2014 fans looking for (for a reasonable price, of course).

Congrats Lugal.

After looking forward to the Maquette I was gutted with what was produced and passed. So glad I waited because I totally agree with you regarding this piece. Looks great!

I still think the Marquette looks better overall due to the more screen accurate sculpt especially the head, body ratio and the spike length. The much larger size further enhances the presence and awe which the smaller statue simply doesn't stack up. I personally love the pose much more too. The base is also way cooler. Paint detail and some minute sculpt detail do favor the statue, I guess it really comes down to what people prioritize. Both look fabulous in its own way, I just hope SS would release a more perfect Goji for the sequel. They have competition now from Chronicle Collectibles since they just got the movie licence, would be interesting to see who comes out on top:).

I have both maquette and statue. It's also the reason I held up on this for a year and decided to finally buy it after I completed my T-Facto's Shin Godzilla resin kit.
IMO the statue is miles better than the maquette. It has much more details, felt very solid and heavy (you'll have quite hard time trying to lift it with one hand, unlike the maquette).
Overall I put the maquette in display rooms along with other things while the statue was put near my working desk. It's THAT better IMO.

Back