New Psylocke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are also moving away from the more “showing” uniform for PC reasons, it’s like this weird roller coaster, less showing in the 60-80’s more showing in the 90-10’s back to less. United States has weird Vices about sexuality but no qualms about violence and killing, pretty ass backwards in my opinion.

Yeah. We have no problem with gratuitous violence/killing but show part of a woman's butt cheek and it's "burn Hollywood down!" :lol

I give a co worker a bunch of **** because she lets her young son play grand theft auto as long as the character doesn't enter the strip club.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah. We have no problem with gratuitous violence/killing but show part of a woman's butt cheek and it's "burn Hollywood down!" :lol

:lol :lol :lol

That’s such screwed up thinking. I see the female body as art, doesn’t mean I don’t respect them or objectify them.

Devil's advocate. Art is an object. A female body is a female body.

So then all these “living art” pieces artists always do are they fake art then? I mean they are real artists and all...

They also say the sunset is art, that’s a thing not an object. You didn’t really use a valid argument.

So then all these “living art” pieces artists always do are fake art then? I mean they are real artists and all...

Are the artist's pieces just women's bodies as is? Because if so, what did the artist do to be able to call it art? Or are they manipulating them with makeup, clothes, contorting, etc? Generally art is something people create. If an artists creates something that involves people, then they've created a piece that is viewed as art. Being born with lady parts doesn't make someone a piece of art... At least not until eugenics and designer babies/gene editing becomes commonplace :). A flower growing isn't art. It's a flower. An collection of flowers put into an arrangement is art because someone created it. Don't confuse nature with art.

Are the artist's pieces just women's bodies as is? Because if so, what did the artist do to be able to call it art? Or are they manipulating them with makeup, clothes, contorting, etc? Generally art is something people create. If an artists creates something that involves people, then they've created a piece that is viewed as art. Being born with lady parts doesn't make someone a piece of art... At least not until eugenics and designer babies/gene editing becomes commonplace :). A flower growing isn't art. It's a flower. An collection of flowers put into an arrangement is art because someone created it. Don't confuse nature with art.

Devil's devil's advocate haha. If a female does anything to alter the "nature" of her body i.e. hair, skin, hell, or just developing muscle through exercise, does that qualify as an active force that can transform it into art. I would venture to say no body is "natural".

But, you are right.

Devil's devil's advocate haha. If a female does anything to alter the "nature" of her body i.e. hair, skin, hell, or just developing muscle through exercise, does that qualify as an active force that can transform it into art. I would venture to say no body is "natural".

But, you are right.
Probably. There is an art to applying makeup. Or an art to toning and sculpting one's body.

If anything OPs comment just comes off as patronizing. I don't know any person in my personal life that enjoys being objectified as art.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Probably. There is an art to applying makeup. Or an art to toning and sculpting one's body.

If anything OPs comment just comes off as patronizing. I don't know any person in my personal life that enjoys being objectified as art.

So since these statues have female bodies they aren’t art?

Oh brother. Were the statues birthed by nature? Or are they objects created by people? They're the latter. They are art.

Consenting photographs of people's bodies - Objects. Art.
Drawings of people's bodies - Objects. Art.
Movies which include people (or not) - Objects. Art.
Sculptures depecting bodies - Objects. Art.
Human's using their bodies in "live art" - An act. Art.

Human beings - Not objects. Not an act. Not art.

Oh brother. Were the statues birthed by nature? Or are they objects created by people? They're the latter. They are art.

Consenting photographs of people's bodies - Objects. Art.
Drawings of people's bodies - Objects. Art.
Movies which include people (or not) - Objects. Art.
Sculptures depecting bodies - Objects. Art.
Human's using their bodies in "live art" - An act. Art.

Human beings - Not objects. Not an act. Not art.

No point in arguing with somebody who speaks in definitives about his own opinion when I was stating mine as personal, I never said anybody had to agree with it, that’s why I said “I see it” not “it is.” But when you believe your own opinion is fact you’re arguing with a fool.

I do not think all art are objects, many mainstream artists also share this opinion.

No point in arguing with somebody who speaks in definitives about his own opinion when I was stating mine as personal, I never said anybody had to agree with it, that’s why I said “I see it” not “it is.” But when you believe your own opinion is fact you’re arguing with a fool.

I do not think all art are objects, many mainstream artists also share this opinion.

I think he's copying from a book and trying to look intelligent.

giphy.gif

I think he's copying from a book and trying to look intelligent.

Or somebody who’s arguing for the sake of arguing. Generally the case when somebody thinks their opinion is fact, I have no problem if you don’t agree everybody is entitled to their opinion, but don’t try to act like it’s a fact.

Face sculpt? Base?

I actually quite like the base, it fits her character and I'm not OCD about every one fitting together. I'd prob display her on her own anyway.

The face definitely looks better than the initial picture we got - I think the whole thing looks pretty good, she just isn't one of my must-have characters. Am interested to see what the EX will be first.

I'm already planning on getting Rogue, Mystique, Magneto, Wolverine and possibly Emma Frost, so it's partly due to money as well. I've only pre-ordered Mystique so far, because I love her EX. Magneto I would likely display with his reg helmet and same for Wolvie so I don't mind if I miss out on the EX versions for them. I should prob get round to ordering Emma as I would like to have her EX head as an option.

Anyway if the Psylocke reg ends up looking like the above pics, I can always pick her up later down the line, no rush

I actually quite like the base, it fits her character and I'm not OCD about every one fitting together. I'd prob display her on her own anyway.

The face definitely looks better than the initial picture we got - I think the whole thing looks pretty good, she just isn't one of my must-have characters. Am interested to see what the EX will be first.

I'm already planning on getting Rogue, Mystique, Magneto, Wolverine and possibly Emma Frost, so it's partly due to money as well. I've only pre-ordered Mystique so far, because I love her EX. Magneto I would likely display with his reg helmet and same for Wolvie so I don't mind if I miss out on the EX versions for them. I should prob get round to ordering Emma as I would like to have her EX head as an option.

Anyway if the Psylocke reg ends up looking like the above pics, I can always pick her up later down the line, no rush

Do you like the Mystique portraits? I wasn’t a fan of them on the new PF.

damn man, that's a huge chunk of change. The magneto and Rogue alone are $1500 combined which is just madness. I really dig this piece as well. But I'm on the fence about whether I replace my OG Psylocke with this one given this one will cost me about $260 more. But damn this one looks good.

Back