NEW Predator vs. Dutch kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, WARNING!! This thread needs to be SHUT DOWN, unless Sideshow doesn't mind people being involved in blatantly illegal activities on it's site.

Anyone involved in serious copyright infringements like this is just asking for trouble.

It's not worth a thing if it's illegal. It's just another FAKE product undermining people confidence in the market, and it impacts on the value of legitimate collectibles.

If Narin wants to produce and distribute kits, he should pay for the licence fees like everyone else.

I hope you've got a good lawyer, Sabres, because you'll need one if you're involved in it.

You're promoting a thief on a forum for legitimate collectables, you should know better than that.

You are opening yourself and this site up to some serious liability issues man.

Narin has been making Pred kits for ages, why hasnt he ever had a cease and dissist from Fox like Rocco did for his kick-ass kits of Dutch/Blain/Dillon?

Narin is smart in keeping his releases limited and "under the radar." At this point I think the operation is too small for Fox to concern itself with. I hope he continues to create kick ass kits!

Narin is smart in keeping his releases limited and "under the radar." At this point I think the operation is too small for Fox to concern itself with. I hope he continues to create kick ass kits!

Thats exactly why, this is what, limited of 50, Fox dont give a crap. Most of the kits Narin comes out with are actually preds he has invented himself, so theres no license infridgement of Preds Fox never came up with............in the end, they still dont care.........if they stopped Narin, they would have to stop almost everybody on thehunterslair that build up their own pred items.

Ok, before it gets totally out of hand, this thread is closed pending administrative decision.

I've reopened this thread - but only to show this sculpture as we would any custom. Any discussion of sales of this bootleg item and the thread will be shut down.

This forum does not support in any way the sale of unlicensed collectibles, especially from licenses controlled by Sideshow.

As for why Fox hasn't shut him down - they have tried - being in Thailand (or wherever he is) it's more difficult to get the courts to react to a US copyright case.

Also I would just wait - if you want a Predator/Dutch diorama, a little bird has told me that one has been in the works for awhile and may be seen pretty soon.

Most of the kits Narin comes out with are actually preds he has invented himself, so theres no license infridgement of Preds Fox never came up with............

:confused:

That makes no sense. How could Narin "invent" or create anything regarding Predators when he didn't "invent" or create the initial design of the Predator. See the flaw there. Yes he adds elements, makes new incarnations, etc. but ALL those designs stem from the initial design of Stan Winston and Co.

If you take the Incredible Hulk, give him white pants, a bullet proof vest, a combat helmet and a machine gun.. is that magically now YOUR creation that you "invented" yourself!? NOPE. It's still the Hulk. Same thing with all the kits from Narin: they're all derived from designs created and owned by someone else. And Narin doesn't have a license or permission to make anything using those designs.

Dave, so we can no longer talk about Garage Kits at this site?
Things like Wonderfest etc are a big deal, and I suppose many licensed companies got started that way.
Just asking.

Wow, I wonder if other forums are going to become like this? This might be the year that garage kits become a thing of the past.

Wow, I wonder if other forums are going to become like this? This might be the year that garage kits become a thing of the past.

Nooo! Don't say that!
I love my kits.:D

It's not illegal to buy a bootleg product. (except for weapons or drugs edit: and recordings)
Selling is where the problem's at.
See: 17 CFR, Vol. 17 of "Codes Of Federal Regulations".

Last edited:
It will be a case by case basis. For the 1/4 scale bootleg Marvel products that were being mass-produced in Thailand it became not only a case of illegal items being produced and sold, but also a risk to members of being defrauded of large amounts of money.

I will be taking my lead from different factors, if there is someone out there making bootleg product on a large scale - it will not be welcomed here.

Thanks for reopening the thread Dave.

I'll make sure that all future threads about garage kits contain no ordering info.

You can report Narin to the Stan Winston Studio at this address: [email protected]

That is pointless.

As has been stated before on this board...

Stan Winston has seen AND SIGNED unlicensed Predator kits for collectors at shows.

He loved them. Didn't give a crap that someone else had sculpted them.

Yup, Stan was one of the greats, I think he truly just loved to create and see his creations have the impact they did on the world, a lot of the interviews with him, he always struck me like a little kid in his enthusiasm about the work. I think that innocence and passion for the work are what really set him apart from others in the field.

Yeah, Thanks Dave!

The Predator obviously had a huge impact on the world and many, many people are big fans of it. I definitely think Stan saw this and appreciated fans everywhere for embracing the creature as more then just a fictional character.

I am sure that Narin enjoys Predators just as much as we do, after all, he puts a lot of thought into his pieces, and it's nice to be able to take part in another fan's predator ideas. And if Stan the man himself, was honored to see countless collectibles/kits which were created by his fans, then that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back