NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's ONE picture from the thread Matt linked (he's had this 6 months) . . .

Because of the lean AND the crappy magnets, the head fell off and smashed.

All Sadshow have offered is a replacement head IF he pays for shipping. They won't replace the faulty statue even though this is OBVIOUSLY an assembly/QC/design error.

There is NOTHING about Sideshow products that makes them worth buying any more.

image.png

What an absolute disgrace. Glad I ultimately passed on this and decided to wait on Prime1. I've Often wondered if some kind of open letter petition or something against Sideshow because of their quality control would do anything? I mean, their statues literally have an experation date. It’s absurd...

Mine also got this problem since the beginning. It is that SS/factory drilled a hole in the base, for left foot to attached, in false direction. This caused the statue to lean in Moonwalker position.
I fixed mine by inserting pencil rubber under the base, readjusting position for it to support entire thing so the statue could stand upright. Put it in acrylic case and it’s not leaning anymore.
It’s sad I need to deal with it by my own but I live in Asia so sending the statue back would mean huge $$$ from shipping and tax...

Just checked mine and it is perfectly fine. I did stick a piece of rubber under the front of the base to elevate it slightly, just as a precaution. I wonder if this is something that is affecting people in humid climates, or if there is simply a bad batch of them floating around? Not defending Sideshow here, but I've seen this with statues from other companies as well. Poor effort from Sideshow on the replacement though...

That thing is leaning more than my original SWS version does (intentionally) It's pretty sad really and obviously it'll only keep leaning more until it eventually gives in and tumbles If I'd paid that much money for it, I'd be really annoyed. It's not like the statue was amazing to begin with, they could have at least made them properly for those who bought them. I'm actually glad it wasn;t a brilliant statue, otherwise I'd probably have a leaning Predator myself. I'm sorry for those who do.

Just thought also, remember when we saw that leaked picture of an early P2 maquette leaning badly in the factory. That was resolved for those statues (hopefully long term, better check mine!) but lessons obviously havn't been learnt.

Don’t mean sound like a jerk but.. I can’t believe you guys bought this?

For me, when I see a new and cool SS product, there is always a big red stamp on the screen that says - “Are you sure you really want to do this?’’ [emoji23]

So yeah, I think that stamp is going to be on the screen for most of the people that bought this from now on.

Sadshow, that is really fitting.

Last edited:
Just one more reason I am so glad there are so many other companies in the game right now with these licenses!

Just one more reason I am so glad there are so many other companies in the game right now with these licenses!

Yeah, everyone here knew there was going to be eventual products coming from P1

I mean if you need to spend some money, you’re better off buying some hot toys figures or something and holding out for P1, or hell, even a cool props product.

Don’t ever buy Sideshow statues.. that’s so mid 2000’s lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's ONE picture from the thread Matt linked (he's had this 6 months) . . .

Because of the lean AND the crappy magnets, the head fell off and smashed.

All Sadshow have offered is a replacement head IF he pays for shipping. They won't replace the faulty statue even though this is OBVIOUSLY an assembly/QC/design error.

There is NOTHING about Sideshow products that makes them worth buying any more.

image.png

180521164335-michael-jackson-moonwalker-lean-restricted-super-tease.jpg

I know this might be hard for some people to fathom, but some people actually liked this statue, even if you didn't, hence why they bought it. I'm sure when people placed their orders they weren't thinking, 'I wonder if this will develop a strong lean in a few months time' :slap

I know this might be hard for some people to fathom, but some people actually liked this statue, even if you didn't, hence why they bought it. I'm sure when people placed their orders they weren't thinking, 'I wonder if this will develop a strong lean in a few months time' :slap

Unfortunately with Sideshow’s track record that’s the first thing that goes through most of our minds.

Unfortunately with Sideshow’s track record that’s the first thing that goes through most of our minds.

True unfortunately.

But when placing our orders for any statue we hope there won't be any such problems and we pray to whatever deity we believe in that the statue we get in hand will come as close to perfect as possible :pray:

Like it is for many of us who ordered Sideshows Rogue Maquette.

You put it incorrectly. Look at the soles of your feet to the left. look at the distance on the foot. try to enter it correctly then your statue will be fine

Back