NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i be back again and open for orders for the trophies :=)

20180531_121047.jpg

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an issue with this piece starting to lean? I was looking at mine the other day and it appears to be leaning forward more so than before???

The right foot (one with the metal peg) is planted in firmly to the base but the left foot (non peg foot) seems to be lifting up out of the keyed slot just a fraction???

I do know that because of the default pose of the statue itself it always had a bit of a weird forward lean look to it...almost as if a person in real life standing like that would actually fall forwards because all their weight would be on the right foot.

I had this same issue with my 89 batman PF where he's coming down the steps and his pose seems to be leaning way too forward that it looked unatural...in real life a person would not be able to pose static like that without tipping forward.

I know metal pegs can bend within the polystone but just not sure if that's the case with my jungle hunter...WHAT I DO KNOW is that the body of the jungle hunter is HEAVY!!! I can't fault sideshow on this one because the sheer weight of this piece is a beast! But perhaps the heaviness of the main body and the center of gravity being so far forward this piece will be prone to leaning in the future???

Ugh I hope not cuz I love my maquette!!

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an issue with this piece starting to lean? I was looking at mine the other day and it appears to be leaning forward more so than before???

The right foot (one with the metal peg) is planted in firmly to the base but the left foot (non peg foot) seems to be lifting up out of the keyed slot just a fraction???

I do know that because of the default pose of the statue itself it always had a bit of a weird forward lean look to it...almost as if a person in real life standing like that would actually fall forwards because all their weight would be on the right foot.

I had this same issue with my 89 batman PF where he's coming down the steps and his pose seems to be leaning way too forward that it looked unatural...in real life a person would not be able to pose static like that without tipping forward.

I know metal pegs can bend within the polystone but just not sure if that's the case with my jungle hunter...WHAT I DO KNOW is that the body of the jungle hunter is HEAVY!!! I can't fault sideshow on this one because the sheer weight of this piece is a beast! But perhaps the heaviness of the main body and the center of gravity being so far forward this piece will be prone to leaning in the future???

Ugh I hope not cuz I love my maquette!!

Mine actually has had this problem for a while now too, to the point where I recently tried to correct it and get the left leg back fitting again by using electrical tape around keyed feet to form a tighter fit. It still is lifting out and isn't perfect, but much it's much better now.

Mine actually has had this problem for a while now too, to the point where I recently tried to correct it and get the left leg back fitting again by using electrical tape around keyed feet to form a tighter fit. It still is lifting out and isn't perfect, but much it's much better now.

:exactly:Thanks for the response, and for confirming my suspicion. The left foot on mine is starting to lift up out of the keyed slot just under 1/8 inch.

Might be ok for some but its very noticeable to my eyes. I love this piece so it's very disconcerting.

Electrical tape round the keyed feet is a very good idea, appreciate the tip. Hopefully will grip enough to prevent any further lift/lean.

Does anyone have serious leaning issues?I think mine just started :(

Here's ONE picture from the thread Matt linked (he's had this 6 months) . . .

Because of the lean AND the crappy magnets, the head fell off and smashed.

All Sadshow have offered is a replacement head IF he pays for shipping. They won't replace the faulty statue even though this is OBVIOUSLY an assembly/QC/design error.

There is NOTHING about Sideshow products that makes them worth buying any more.

image.png

Back