NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest, how is it not an issue in person? It's still in the wrong place. The more likely reason nobody has done it yes is because it will require major surgery and repair work to do it.

Sorry, probably not the right choice of words. What I meant is that, although it's still in the wrong place, it's not as much of an eye sore in person as the rest of the statue looks great, so it doesn't really take anything away from the piece. Probably also because most people display this sideways, so you don't really notice it (I don't).

Looking at it, doesn't actually look like it'll require major modding to move it. the netting continues underneath, however, you may snap it trying to take it off. IMO, it's not worth the effort, even if you know what you're doing.

good point with the snapping n the netting
look like I have to wait and see , if not best to display sideways as most people do
I've removed the thigh armour on mine. It's no easy task. I'll post pics later, I've had to resculpt it and painting is pending getting my lazy ass motivated. It repositions to the proper spot nicely and covers the existing peg hole. If I didn't have ocd I could of left it but I've filled it in and am going to paint it up as well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've removed the thigh armour on mine. It's no easy task. I'll post pics later, I've had to resculpt it and painting is pending getting my lazy ass motivated. It repositions to the proper spot nicely and covers the existing peg hole. If I didn't have ocd I could of left it but I've filled it in and am going to paint it up as well

Hmmmm SO the netting was not effected at all?? That seems like it would be an issue.. Also seems like that was SSC reason for leaving it where it was.. The netting was tied there or something.

There's a small hole in the netting around the peg hole.
I tried initially to cut off the peg with a small hacksaw blade but it was taking forever so I drilled it out.
The armour piece is a thick cast it won't break easily

There's a small hole in the netting around the peg hole.
I tried initially to cut off the peg with a small hacksaw blade but it was taking forever so I drilled it out.
The armour piece is a thick cast it won't break easily

Good on you for doing the job! Now can you fix that ugly mug of his also lol just kidding.

Can’t wait to see your end result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up pulling the trigger on this one. I wanted a big, nice piece for kinda my "Main" item in my room. Since I no longer own the Wolf Predator LSF this one will have to do in it place. Supposed to come in on Tuesday.

I've removed the thigh armour on mine. It's no easy task. I'll post pics later, I've had to resculpt it and painting is pending getting my lazy ass motivated. It repositions to the proper spot nicely and covers the existing peg hole. If I didn't have ocd I could of left it but I've filled it in and am going to paint it up as well.

Well done! - that was really brave!

Glad to hear it's "do-able" and really looking forward to the WIP pics AND ESPECIALLY the finished item.

Seriously - very impressed that you've gone for this
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

Received both my replacement heads and they fit well. Masked with absolutely no gap and unmasked with a very slight gap but the head is stable and is in no risk of falling off as before. Definitely a happy camper now with this piece and a big thumbs up for SS customer support.

No what's the hold up with an Alien piece worth owning... I need something to go on my shelf with the pred.
20180323_073143.jpg
20180323_074023.jpg

Received both my replacement heads and they fit well. Masked with absolutely no gap and unmasked with a very slight gap but the head is stable and is in no risk of falling off as before. Definitely a happy camper now with this piece and a big thumbs up for SS customer support.

No what's the hold up with an Alien piece worth owning... I need something to go on my shelf with the pred.
View attachment 401050
View attachment 401051

Alien Queen Maquette although the scale is wrong. Or Dog Alien though that doesn’t tie in well with this piece. Maybe wait and see what Prime 1 comes up with in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I owned the Big Chap.. Did not love it.. I think the Alien Warrior is a classic... Way out of my price range now though.

Really? How come? I think it's amazing. I've owned the Warrior for a while and love it, but only acquired the Big Chap a couple of months ago and was blown away by it. There's some parts I think could've been done a bit better, but overall I think the presence is fantastic. I prefer it to the Warrior. Just a more impressive piece on display.

Given what we've seen from Prime 1's Dog.... Wait and see what they offer Alien wise! You may as well given how much people ask for the old SSC maquettes now anyway. And as much as I like the Sideshow versions, the accuracy will be at an entirely different level to boot.

Given what we've seen from Prime 1's Dog.... Wait and see what they offer Alien wise! You may as well given how much people ask for the old SSC maquettes now anyway. And as much as I like the Sideshow versions, the accuracy will be at an entirely different level to boot.

Prime 1 is 1:3 scale though.

Really? How come? I think it's amazing. I've owned the Warrior for a while and love it, but only acquired the Big Chap a couple of months ago and was blown away by it. There's some parts I think could've been done a bit better, but overall I think the presence is fantastic. I prefer it to the Warrior. Just a more impressive piece on display.

I was not crazy about the paint apps and was not 100% in love with the pose.. Its nice.. I just was not in love with it.

Paint apps were my biggest issues.. Thought it made the piece look dull and boring.. Almost sent it off for a repaint but sold it instead.

Prime 1 is 1:3 scale though.

Well yeah, but ultimately that's a decision we'll all have to make if we want the absolute best options available currently. I prefer 1/4, I'd rather have everything in that scale personally. but their Dog is as close to perfection as we've ever seen and 1/4 wasn't an option, so I decided it was worth biting the bullet and jumping up to 1/3 for. IF their future Aliens and Predators turn out as incredible as the dog (fingers crossed) That will still stand. Unless of course Sideshow can use their 1/4 license to match Prime 1's efforts. I hope they can, but it's a big ask....

I was not crazy about the paint apps and was not 100% in love with the pose.. Its nice.. I just was not in love with it.

Paint apps were my biggest issues.. Thought it made the piece look dull and boring.. Almost sent it off for a repaint but sold it instead.

That's how it's supposed to look I guess. You'd hate the Coolprops 1:3 Big Chap then. It's pretty much flat black, lol. The Cinemaquette Big Chap also lacks detail in the paint apps.

Well yeah, but ultimately that's a decision we'll all have to make if we want the absolute best options available currently. I prefer 1/4, I'd rather have everything in that scale personally. but their Dog is as close to perfection as we've ever seen and 1/4 wasn't an option, so I decided it was worth biting the bullet and jumping up to 1/3 for. IF their future Aliens and Predators turn out as incredible as the dog (fingers crossed) That will still stand. Unless of course Sideshow can use their 1/4 license to match Prime 1's efforts. I hope they can, but it's a big ask....

Yeah I'm the same, I much prefer 1/4 scale and given this guy wanted an Alien to pair with his Predator, figured he'd want something in 1/4 scale too. a 1/3 Big Chap next to a 1/4 Predator might look a bit silly, lol.

In saying that, if Prime 1 do some amazing things in 1:3 as far as Alien, Aliens and Predator is concerned, I'd still consider buying them, I just wouldn't display them next to my 1/4 stuff.

Yeah I'm the same, I much prefer 1/4 scale and given this guy wanted an Alien to pair with his Predator, figured he'd want something in 1/4 scale too. a 1/3 Big Chap next to a 1/4 Predator might look a bit silly, lol.

In saying that, if Prime 1 do some amazing things in 1:3 as far as Alien, Aliens and Predator is concerned, I'd still consider buying them, I just wouldn't display them next to my 1/4 stuff.

I understand why some people wish to keep their collections the same scale, but I'm not one of them. I have all kinds of scales next to each other and it looks just fine to me. I like the mix in fact. I have a 1/4 P1 already, a damn good one (SWS/SSC) But I can't wait for Prime 1's version in 1/3 which will hopefully compliment it well. Same thing with my P2 maquette and Prime 1's 1/3 P2, along side an HCG 1/1 bio because I'm a rebel... :lol Scale is secondary for me tbh, I favour accuracy and over all impressiveness, which is why I've not bought this particular P1 even though I should be the target market. If Prime 1 can do anything, it might be to kick Sideshow into gear regarding the Predator license of which they have been coasting for years, and that will be good for everybody as competition is good! The Wolf LSB was a good start until they started arriving in hand.

Back