NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless this is down to exceptional lighting/photography AND the other shots shared so far are poor, this looks like this has had a total repaint.

I've asked him.

Lol for real? I think it looks worse. Sculpt looks good in the photos but colours are exaggerated. Definitely not a repaint.

Again, I'm repeating myself here, but people need to see this in person.

As for returns, people can do what they like, but a magnet issue is something that can be solved for around 2 dollars. If people want to replace their whole statue due to minor issues, be prepared that you may receive one that is worse than your original. I've had that happen to me.

At most, I would ask for a replacement head if it was really bad, like one guy above, but not the whole statue. Nothing is perfect, you'll find flaws in almost any mass produced collectible. Replacing is just as much of a hassle as it is to fix stuff. If I can fix something relatively easily for a small cost, I would always go down this path first.

The wobble head issue could be fixed in 1 minute with a hairdrier but people like doing things the hard way I guess.

The wobble head issue could be fixed in 1 minute with a hairdrier but people like doing things the hard way I guess.

You mean the dreads? I did this with mine, not because the head was wobbly, i just didnt like the way the dreads were sitting on one of my heads so i heated them up until they were pliable, pushed them where I wanted them to sit and held them until they cooled down. Worked a treat.

You mean the dreads? I did this with mine, not because the head was wobbly, i just didnt like the way the dreads were sitting on one of my heads so i heated them up until they were pliable, pushed them where I wanted them to sit and held them until they cooled down. Worked a treat.

The dreads are what's causing the head to not sit flush and wobble. Sure the craptastic magnets aren't helping but if they're 1/2 a cm apart due to the dreds they're not much use anyway.

The dreads are what's causing the head to not sit flush and wobble. Sure the craptastic magnets aren't helping but if they're 1/2 a cm apart due to the dreds they're not much use anyway.

Was this a problem on yours? Mine is ok, just the magnet is a bit weak so it doesn't hold that well.

Lean issues right out of the box I assume???

That’s right JAWS he showed pictures and I reckon the peg was loose so it caused it to lean forward almost like Michael Jackson’s Smooth Criminal lean. So just hoping nobody else has this issue. Though I reckon he got a loose peg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not gonna mess with the unsculpted head but a simple solution to slight wobble of helmeted head is to put a couple strips of duct tape on the back of the peg of the sculpt. I used three and it sits down flush. Magnets still contact and it sits as snug as a bug in a rug! I have ordered some magnets. See how that works. The right arm is still not as strong as I like and can’t use the duct tape trick as it makes it more of a compression fit. Not good for something that can fall down. So now I am just really down to the unmasked being wobbly. Not so sure I am brave enough to try the hair dryer method.

Hair dryer method won't hurt it. I would imagine you would just heat up the dreads until they are soft, then push the head all the way into the hole. The dreads should remain in that position once cooled down.

I heated the dreads on my unmasked head as 2 of the dreads were sticking out to the side a little, so I heated them up briefly with a hair dryer, pushed them closer to the shoulder and held like that for around a minute. Didn't damage anything. Just don't hold the hair dryer too close, and use a low heat setting.

Hair dryer method won't hurt it. I would imagine you would just heat up the dreads until they are soft, then push the head all the way into the hole. The dreads should remain in that position once cooled down.

I heated the dreads on my unmasked head as 2 of the dreads were sticking out to the side a little, so I heated them up briefly with a hair dryer, pushed them closer to the shoulder and held like that for around a minute. Didn't damage anything. Just don't hold the hair dryer too close, and use a low heat setting.

Would love to see a video of this!!

Fixed weak right arm. Disk magnet works like a charm. Strong as ****. Can’t even tell. Have 2mm thick one in now. Have 1mm in order.

He answered.. Not a repaint. Just good photos . . .

Yarp.

. . . and thanks for posting Neny's vid of his customisation - wish they came like that OOB :)

Wonder if he'll eventually decide to add the hip pouch, fix the thigh armour and fix the plasma canon?

Also surprised he didn't fix the blast mark indentation on the bio.

Yarp.

. . . and thanks for posting Neny's vid of his customisation - wish they came like that OOB :)

Wonder if he'll eventually decide to add the hip pouch, fix the thigh armour and fix the plasma canon?

Also surprised he didn't fix the blast mark indentation on the bio.

To me it shows just how close the head sculpt is to what we see in the film.. People are comparing it to full scale Marshall that he owns. I always felt that way.... Especially in hand.

Its not that far off from Neny's out of the box. Mandibles are the main thing.. Man I wish SS just did those mandibles that way. I am actually fine with the hand holding the skull but his looks cool also. Oh and He did a freaking killer job in the face repaint. Far better then SSC but I havr no real issues with SSC unless I look at Nenys lol.. I don;t think he touched the body... I don;t remember.

To me it shows just how close the head sculpt is to what we see in the film.. People are comparing it to full scale Marshall that he owns. I always felt that way.... Especially in hand.

Its not that far off from Neny's out of the box. Mandibles are the main thing.. Man I wish SS just did those mandibles that way. I am actually fine with the hand holding the skull but his looks cool also. Oh and He did a freaking killer job in the face repaint. Far better then SSC but I havr no real issues with SSC unless I look at Nenys lol.. I don;t think he touched the body... I don;t remember.

Totally agree. Neny's work just highlights how good this sculpt is out of the box. He simply separated the mandibles by 1-2mm and everyone loves it now lol. granted, his paint job is great as well.

He didn't do anything to the body going by that video review, just repainted the armour. He does agree that the armour still looks great out of the box but he wanted to add more detail to it and give it a more weathered, realistic look.

I'm still totally happy with this piece as is, but if I did have the option of getting someone to professionally touch this up for me, I totally would, as I just love the character.

Neny improved the piece because it needed it. I can understand why some love it and some hate it. Good job with the mandibles and the skull trophy however you got people now wanting it to look better than out of the box. Things I’ve noticed needing fixing is a bit much to warrant a purchase. But good job to all that are happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back