NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted or decals.. Does not matter to me. As long as it looks good. I think this looks just fine. But that is just MHO. I would never know it was decals if someone did not tell me.

I'm not too bothered, the only thing that concerns me is longevity, but I guess if they are cleared over it's not a problem, and most Sideshow statues use decals for eyes anyway.

To be honest I never noticed it until yesterday. I was looking at it up close and noticed what looked like a dot-matrix print pattern on some of the spots. Then I noticed what I thought was a hairline crack on the stomach and freaked out, but upon closer inspection it was just the edge of a decal. Some of the paint wash had coloured the edge of the decal which made it noticeable. Managed to rub it off with my fingernail.

Some cool photos of him posted on FB

29213978_10155203992081356_8988970490118799360_o.jpg

29258079_10155203991896356_3419561525516435456_o.jpg

29261685_10155203991626356_622306873898434560_o.jpg

29315302_10155203992256356_7767095437353287680_o.jpg

Nice photos, it still looks fairly decent in some aspects. Although those images do highlight how bad the weathering is applied, especially the black starfish & lines all over his chest armour.

So both my heads wobble a bit but neither is just going to fall off. Even if I tap them pretty good from the back they aren’t falling off. Def have to have an up motion to get off. Good???

Also. Right arm doesn’t really stick on that great either. Lastly. The netting stitchinon the inner leg looks sloppy. U can def see the seam and some loose strands. Anyone??

Well I sent an email to Sideshow with issues. Asking for full replacement or full refund. Am I being too picky? This is the most expensive statue I have purchased (not own, but purchased). 1. The unmasked portrait is way loose (someone mentioned using a magnet to help (can someone explain - do you glue one in or just attached to head). 2. Right arm magnet is WEAK - I would say 1/20 as strong as both left arms. I am afraid the arm will fall off. Again, how do you strengthen this. Lastly 3. And I think this is the one that bothers me most - the stitching on the inside of the left leg - very visible strands of loose fabric. Looks sloppy. Thoughts?

Nice photos, it still looks fairly decent in some aspects. Although those images do highlight how bad the weathering is applied, especially the black starfish & lines all over his chest armour.

I think it's just the lighting in this photo. I noticed that too, but mine doesn't look like that.

Well I sent an email to Sideshow with issues. Asking for full replacement or full refund. Am I being too picky? This is the most expensive statue I have purchased (not own, but purchased). 1. The unmasked portrait is way loose (someone mentioned using a magnet to help (can someone explain - do you glue one in or just attached to head). 2. Right arm magnet is WEAK - I would say 1/20 as strong as both left arms. I am afraid the arm will fall off. Again, how do you strengthen this. Lastly 3. And I think this is the one that bothers me most - the stitching on the inside of the left leg - very visible strands of loose fabric. Looks sloppy. Thoughts?

I wouldn't return that personally. You'll likely end up with one that has similar issues or worse.

I can't comment on the netting without seeing a photo, but is it possible to just trim the loose strands? The inner legs are pretty dark anyway, so it should blend in well.

My unmasked portrait is also a little loose. Firstly, make sure it's securely fitted to the statue, and neither necklace is preventing it from being fully seated in the hole. This happened to me at first so it was incredibly loose, but now it's ok.

My right arm magnet is also a little weak, but it doesn't feel like it's going to fall off, it just doesn't grab as hard as the left ones.

The loose fitting parts are an easy fix with neodymium magnets:

https://magnet.com.au/rare-earth-magnets-neodymium-discs.html

Get the disc type. These come in a variety of thicknesses and diamter. Just get a very thin one in the right diameter for your parts (head sculpt or arm), and simply place it between both parts. No gluing necessary as it's a magnet, will stick to both parts as it is. They are quite strong and should solve your issue for only a few bucks.

The link is an Australian website, but I was just using that as an example to show you what to get. Just get what you need from a US supplier or eBay if you're from the US.

Alternatively, for the headsculpts, if they are loose because the key is too small for the hole, just wrap some electrical tape around the peg to create a tighter fit.

I wouldn't return that personally. You'll likely end up with one that has similar issues or worse.

I can't comment on the netting without seeing a photo, but is it possible to just trim the loose strands? The inner legs are pretty dark anyway, so it should blend in well.

My unmasked portrait is also a little loose. Firstly, make sure it's securely fitted to the statue, and neither necklace is preventing it from being fully seated in the hole. This happened to me at first so it was incredibly loose, but now it's ok.

My right arm magnet is also a little weak, but it doesn't feel like it's going to fall off, it just doesn't grab as hard as the left ones.

The loose fitting parts are an easy fix with neodymium magnets:

https://magnet.com.au/rare-earth-magnets-neodymium-discs.html

Get the disc type. These come in a variety of thicknesses and diamter. Just get a very thin one in the right diameter for your parts (head sculpt or arm), and simply place it between both parts. No gluing necessary as it's a magnet, will stick to both parts as it is. They are quite strong and should solve your issue for only a few bucks.

The link is an Australian website, but I was just using that as an example to show you what to get. Just get what you need from a US supplier or eBay if you're from the US.

Alternatively, for the headsculpts, if they are loose because the key is too small for the hole, just wrap some electrical tape around the peg to create a tighter fit.

Thanks. I was considering all above options. I have fixed the loose stitching. A little picked fiver fixed it. Lol. Just hate having to work to make a $1200 toy work.

Thanks. I was considering all above options. I have fixed the loose stitching. A little picked fiver fixed it. Lol. Just hate having to work to make a $1200 toy work.

Is 2mm too thick? Having trouble finding 1mm thick on amazon.

Unless this is down to exceptional lighting/photography AND the other shots shared so far are poor, this looks like this has had a total repaint.

I've asked him.

don't fix anything if I were you
get a replacement or a full refund
why on earth would you go out and buy all this silly magnet and waste your time getting all this material just to fix
at 1200 this thing should not be fix at all
I'm getting mind soon if I have this kind of problem its going back to sideshow for a full refund or replacement at this price

The only real problem is the unmasked portrait. The arm stays fine, but just not as strong as I would like. The netting is fine now. Can’t see anything. The u masked portrait. To me it’s unacceptable. The masked stays just fine and I never plan on using the unmasked as I have the original with unmasked. But unless SS offers me $600 to throw away the unmasked I’m getting a replacement or refund.

The skin doesn't look dull and lifeless on this as the decals have some gloss, but it really should've been painted.

To my knowledge it was just one guy on here who's unmasked head was really loose. Others have a slightly loose fitting head, but not to the point where it just falls out.

If either of your heads have that problem, just get some thin neodymium magnets off eBay and place one between the head and body. Can get them in various sizes and as thin as 1mm.

Both of my heads are being replaced, should be shipping shortly. Scroll up for pics of mine. Long and short of it were the dreads were hitting the shoulder armor and gun base on both sculpts. So much so that the head would literally fall off if I were to let it go. I hope the new heads are good.

Both of my heads are being replaced, should be shipping shortly. Scroll up for pics of mine. Long and short of it were the dreads were hitting the shoulder armor and gun base on both sculpts. So much so that the head would literally fall off if I were to let it go. I hope the new heads are good.

Good news. My helmet is fine. My u maksed os too loose. Sent a video showing under its own weight it would fall forward.

There was a guy that bought this posted on Facebook his got leaning issues with his. So guys please make sure this is just isolated to all that have this piece. I know other statues have suffered from this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a guy that bought this posted on Facebook his got leaning issues with his. So guys please make sure this is just isolated to all that have this piece. I know other statues have suffered from this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lean issues right out of the box I assume???

Back