NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda like to read diffrent reactions/comments/rants, if i don't like them i just move along. :)

Anyone what to venture a guess as to edition sizes of Ex. vs. Regular? Price? Shipping Estimate Dates? (Sorry, but I don't have a prize for person who comes closest:))

Anyone what to venture a guess as to edition sizes of Ex. vs. Regular? Price? Shipping Estimate Dates? (Sorry, but I don't have a prize for person who comes closest:))

50 Exclusives , 100 Regular's ...... $199 exclusive ........ $149 regular ........ shipping quarter 3, 2020 :impatient:

50 Exclusives , 100 Regular's ...... $199 exclusive ........ $149 regular ........ shipping quarter 3, 2020 :impatient:

I'd say your missing some zeros on the back end of your numbers :). However, your shipping estimate (after production problems, a series of delays, etc.) is, unfortunately, right on target:gah:

so what's the final verdict? yay or nay?

Haters gonna hate. Fan boys gonna defend to the end regardless. As for me, I'm just a Predator fan in the middle. With SS's record, I *should* wait for some final pics but I am extremely impressed with the pics from SDCC so at the end of the day, I'm going to PO this on day 1. No question. But that's just me...

Could you define what you mean by "poison"?

Sincere question.

If you hang around here long enough, you start to buy into the hate then it consumes you and it's all you concentrate on. Sideshow have produced some stinkers, but they've also produced some crackers too. I got to the point where instead of appreciating a figure/toy/statue for what it was, I was looking immediately for what I didn't like about it so I could join in the hate train and that train was always ready and waiting.

Generally most online forums are like this though, negative with sprinkles of positive. I don't hang around forums much now. The problems on the statue are very minor and it looks like a great piece, I don't really need to hang around and talk about it and get caught up in that stuff, I'll be getting it no doubt unless the production piece is a disaster.

If you hang around here long enough, you start to buy into the hate then it consumes you and it's all you concentrate on. Sideshow have produced some stinkers, but they've also produced some crackers too. I got to the point where instead of appreciating a figure/toy/statue for what it was, I was looking immediately for what I didn't like about it so I could join in the hate train and that train was always ready and waiting.

Generally most online forums are like this though, negative with sprinkles of positive. I don't hang around forums much now. The problems on the statue are very minor and it looks like a great piece, I don't really need to hang around and talk about it and get caught up in that stuff, I'll be getting it no doubt unless the production piece is a disaster.

what I'm hearing is that you're a follower and can't hang with your own opinion/viewpoint....

:panic:

I like people's opinions but what I like, buy, and consider grails is totally up to me.

I know I'm pretty well sold by what I see so far. I agree the gripes are very minor. And I believe the one or two I agree with will have a high chance of being fixed by the time this guy goes up for order.

I don't think it's really "hate" - it's that people get understandably upset when something they have been waiting years for turns up with mistakes that you would hope could be avoided. Then folks (including you & I) are obviously going to comment in line with their thoughts & observations.

The things MOST people here (and on Statue Forum) are concerned about are quite legit - it's not "hate" . . . from my earlier post:

Summarising all the concerns raised so far:

1. The right thigh armour seems to be misplaced.
  2. The masked head is possibly a little large.
  3. Body may be a little on the skinny side.
  4. No sign of the spine trophy.

The spine trophy doesn't matter for me - I suspect that is covered by the one the swap-out left hand may hold.

But of course there are some grade "A" tossers on here that just like to watch the world burn and/or are truly stupid. As you say - true for any forum. Just make use of the "ignore" functionality here - cuts out anyone you add and then you can read just those posts from people you want.

I WILL still be buying this as long as they fix the position of the thigh armour - the rest - while not perfect - I can easily live with.

what I'm hearing is that you're a follower and can't hang with your own opinion/viewpoint....

:panic:

52 pages, what do you think every second post is talking about....

I got my opinion in the bank, enjoy talking about enlarging the head by 7.9% to be the ultimate predator EVAAAAAAAAA

Summarising all the concerns raised so far:

The right thigh armour seems to be misplaced.
The masked head is possibly a little large.
Body may be a little on the skinny side.
No sign of the spine trophy.

The spine trophy doesn't matter for me - I suspect that is covered by the one the swap-out left hand may hold.

Shouldn't number 4 be crossed out with the spine trophy picture floating around?

I don't think it's really "hate" - it's that people get understandably upset when something they have been waiting years for turns up with mistakes that you would hope could be avoided. Then folks (including you & I) are obviously going to comment in line with their thoughts & observations.

The things MOST people here (and on Statue Forum) are concerned about are quite legit - it's not "hate" . . . from my earlier post:

But of course there are some grade "A" tossers on here that just like to watch the world burn and/or are truly stupid. As you say - true for any forum. Just make use of the "ignore" functionality here - cuts out anyone you add and then you can read just those posts from people you want.

I WILL still be buying this as long as they fix the position of the thigh armour - the rest - while not perfect - I can easily live with.

When should we expect the release date to come up? late 2017? around July or September time? so enough time to perhaps tweak this piece, the endo maquette is a late 207 release date, so would expect it around that time to sort out the minor details before sideshow gives the green light for the pre-order

We waited for... 3 years for P2 maquette right? I think this one will be the same. ETA 2020 after significant delays for whatever reasons I'm sure.

And don't worry. There WILL be P2 syndrome all over again. Huhhuh.

Back