NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can safely assume it will only have one head, with removable mask and fangs, matches with the backstage video we've seen and with the latest pic showing the mask on itself.
In this picture by thx the seam gap is very very noticeable, not crazy about it:

IMG_5959_zpscfou9u7r.jpg~original

They were originally going to produce the P2 with an addon Bio but went against it. Potential of damage switching out I think.
Also would mean no quills as they would hinder the application of the Bio.

Don't forget the Bio is added to an unpainted portrait during production, would explain the loose Bio in the picture. This left a gap, similar to the one pointed out, on many production P2 Bio portraits.

The mandibles are also produced as a seperate Piece on the P2 then attached during production. My first portrait had sloppy filler around the join.

So this is indeed HT 1/4 Preds then... However I ain't against the idea of switching-out mask. At least it confirmed you could have both portraits without buying EX. But then again I agree the head is too big. So... EX item should be... hand with trophies, I assume?

Really liking the more neutral poses that sideshow are using for the Predator maquettes. This will look pretty epic alongside the City Hunter and I'm glad that the bloody trophy looks like it will be included with this one too.

Would be cool if the backpack and shoulder cannon were also detachable along with the swap out portrait so that he could be displayed as he appears during the final battle. Don't know of any commercial statues or figures that you've been able to do this with.

Even though the backpack casts an impressive and iconic silhouette, I always thought the design was a lot less practical than that of the City Hunter.

Thanks Col, good points. So would you say that the final design will be cut differently than proto? Would be the most sensible choice

But... But...

As soon as the EX numbers hit, whenever that may be, this will be a big seller. You do realise how many collectors are or have been after a P1 statue for years right? I mean go for your life, have a wait and see.

I think it looks bad ass and I'll be smacking down my cash as soon as this goes up.

This is really interesting. I remember Rafael R. did a mod with a removable faceplate years ago.

The head looks fine to me. Was gonna get the dog alien head next, as I am on my final P2 bust payment, but getting this first instead. Instant buy.

I think this is the angle that most collectors will display it at..

629ee6cb8eda3467b19949abb6e92d18.jpg

And I think the head size is a non issue when displayed like this. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is the angle that most collectors will display it at..

629ee6cb8eda3467b19949abb6e92d18.jpg

And I think the head size is a non issue when displayed like this. Can't wait!

Yeah that is how I will display him, with hopefully a new big chap maquette displayed next to the JH since we getting a new aliens film. I am defiantly going to hunt down a dutch later down the line in the future. It is a shame they solve the head sculpt problems we were seeing with the city hunter, and the body sculpt is on the thin side

Sideshow needs to be like some of these other statue companies who are happy to show unpainted prototypes and receive feedback. They would have had time for adjustments prior to the first official public display.

Another example of newer companies taking advantage of things like social media while some established companies are slow to adapt.

Back