NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that for the price I am pretty disappointed. It is just okay. There are some bad paint fails, and some things here and there, but the biggest problem is that the head will easliy just FALL OFF. It doesn't sit in the recess well, and a slight bump to the back of the head will cause it to just fall out. I discovered this at the end of my video. It's not the best review ever, but the wife had me rushing to finish up with it. Please check out the video, and pass it along to whatever other places may be interested...I may be returning this guy.

One question: Is the thigh armor removable? By any means of course.

I have to say that for the price I am pretty disappointed. It is just okay. There are some bad paint fails, and some things here and there, but the biggest problem is that the head will easliy just FALL OFF. It doesn't sit in the recess well, and a slight bump to the back of the head will cause it to just fall out. I discovered this at the end of my video. It's not the best review ever, but the wife had me rushing to finish up with it. Please check out the video, and pass it along to whatever other places may be interested...I may be returning this guy.

Thanks SO much for the vid Jason :clap :clap :clap

• That unmasked head really is a throwaway / hide in box job (I know you prefer it - that's cool too)
  • The paint on the EX skull is really poor
  • WOW on the head slot/magnets - that's pathetic design/QC - people are going to have broken heads left, right & center! :horror (very kind of you to warn folks about that!)
  • I was also hoping they would have added the missing hip pouch - but no luck there either.

I may be wrong - but looked like your plasma canon support stanchion was pointing the wrong way - it should point forward and seems to be pointing to his left? (the other fella's is like that too though)

Looking at the Sideshow site and the previous vid, I think your EX skull (eye socket/nose) maybe hasn't been painted? Will know for sure once other share their pics/vids.

Really appreciate you taking the time to do this Bro - and hope "sleeping on it" (not literally) will help you decide if you want to keep or send back.

Thanks for the video! I am a Classic Jungle Predator fanatic. I really wanted to get this but the inaccuracies are too much for the price IMO. I agree though if you want a cool statue it fits the bill. My wait continues. Hoping Prime 1 makes one.

Thanks for the video! I am a Classic Jungle Predator fanatic. I really wanted to get this but the inaccuracies are too much for the price IMO. I agree though if you want a cool statue it fits the bill. My wait continues. Hoping Prime 1 makes one.

I forsee a repeat of the P2 situation - 20% discount in the small hours . . . .

Thanks guys. Now that I am processing things a bit more....I think if I keep it it will be displayed with the masked head. The unmasked has too many issues.

The thigh armor is not removable. I'm sure it can be, but it's not meant to be. And yes, it's also too thick IMO.

Spike- There is only one way to mount the plasma canon..it only goes on one way. It does not pivot.

What's killing it for me most of all (besides the price) is the issue of the heads just falling off. I mean, REALLY? WTF?!?! I can rig it where is stays well, but I mean come on...

Sucks about the head... If you decide to keep it you can try removing the access pain on the magnet on the base of the neck peg... I have done this with other pieces and it helps.. There are also those tiny flat magnets that you can get and put that in to help hold it..

Thanks SO much for the vid Jason :clap :clap :clap

• That unmasked head really is a throwaway / hide in box job (I know you prefer it - that's cool too)
  • The paint on the EX skull is really poor

I think some of the unmasked issues in this vid is that fact that its under some pretty harsh light.. The shot of it in the box at the end of the video it looks to be better.

Having said that.. Harsh light or not.. Those bottom two mandibles is an eyesore for sure..

I actually like the eyes.. there is more to them then I thought there was.

Skull paint I think is a bit of a harsh light issue also... I have seen other pics out there where they look better.

All in all though both videos I have seen have been a bit of a let down as far as the statue itself goes. Hope I like it more in hand.

All in all though both videos I have seen have been a bit of a let down as far as the statue itself goes. Hope I like it more in hand.

Thanks for the tip on the head...I may try that. I don't want people that have ordered this to be bummed, so don't judge till you get it in-hand. It does look better in real life and I was able to capture. I just feel like for the asking price, it should be much better than it is. Well, than MINE is anyway.

. . . Spike- There is only one way to mount the plasma canon..it only goes on one way. It does not pivot . . .

Another design flaw to add to the list then :( - the support should only move forward/back (not lean sideways!), it's the canon that rotates in a circular fashion.

. . . Hope I like it more in hand.

I hope you do too (SERIOUSLY bud!)

Not enough of a discount for me lol Ill just wait on the supposed Prime 1 Predators and see what they do . . .

Totally agree. No way I'd get this even at 20% discount - just WAY too much annoyance factor every time I looked at it.

I think they're making Jungle last of course.

Seeing XM announced their whatever-dator-that-be/ Broken Tusk for Prime1 as their first, I agree. The Predator from 1987 movie is "the one" collectors really want and look forward to. So why hurry? At best, Prime1 may announce classic Predator from vintage AVP comic as their first IMO.

Thanks for the tip on the head...I may try that. I don't want people that have ordered this to be bummed, so don't judge till you get it in-hand. It does look better in real life and I was able to capture. I just feel like for the asking price, it should be much better than it is. Well, than MINE is anyway.

It looked like I could tell what its colors looked like in the more natural lighting of the pic you took when it was sitting in the box.. The unmasked head looked pretty good there.

And definitely if you decide to keep it try the removing access paint on the peg.. and maybe even inside the neck hole. I had to do that with my Batman Modern PF head, Red Sonja arms and hands, and PCS Kessler wolf.

I also used the small magnets on the Batman and Red Sonja.

These are not the exact ones I used but it gives you an idea what to look for.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Min...nets&msclkid=2ac959bc67891855bdb503c95ba70b91

It looked like I could tell what its colors looked like in the more natural lighting of the pic you took when it was sitting in the box.. The unmasked head looked pretty good there.

You're right. It is very lighting dependent. My PCS Darkness that I just received is the same way.

One thing I forgot to say is that the torso looks size-appropriate in hand.

. . . One thing I forgot to say is that the torso looks size-appropriate in hand.

From the pics - the UNMASKED head + torso sort of matched, but the torso is skinny - no getting round that.

The MASKED head still looked bobbly though. Maybe in-hand you can find angles that make it look better? :dunno

Bro I hate to tell you, that you wouldn't know a good statue if it came and bit you on the ass. This statue is just okay if that. Not great not bad but no where near the price side show sucks and they continue to show how bad they have become period. I don' buy from them in a while and I don't ever plan too. The original blows this out of the water by far!!!!!!! The original was so much better and solid and so much detail sucks this looks like a toy. Jut okay I would spend 500 at the most for this!!! 1200 Is just insane!

A guy on Facebook who owns both the original Maquette and this one said this is on par with the old one, disregarding the inaccuracies. He was pretty happy with it, And that's coming from someone who owns both statues.

No offence, but I sense a bit of hypocrisy here. Lately all I see is you in Sideshow threads crapping on everything they're putting out, repeating the same things over and over and trying to justify your own purchases as being better. I seem to remember in the Joker Dark Knight PF thread you were complaining about others doing the exact thing you're doing now...

Sorry to hear about your issues man. Is the thing with the head a design flaw, or is it a QC issue with yours? My expectations have been lowered a bit now, lol. I'll probably be happy enough if it displays well with the masked head at least.

Back