NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe he's put this thing in a Detolf above another expensive statue. The way they creek randomly scares me enough without having any heavy/expensive collectibles in mine. The Predator itself doesn't look terrible, but I suspect it will be forgotten once the Prime 1 version finally materialises. If this was half the price it is, I'd buy one, but for this kind of price tag, I can't overlook the many inaccuracies personally. I did for the P2, but that is still the only option for now. I have the SWS P1 so don't need to tolerate this one. Nice concept though, I do wish they had put a little more work into it as this could have been awesome and is probably my favorite scene from the movie...

Personally I felt nothing when he unboxed this. No excitement. Table wobbles. I will wait for better in-depth stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.. It lacked something

If i remember good lot people say -> scammer

Yeah... That sounds familiar.
Thanks for the link JAWS :hi5:

1) Bit of an "interesting" unboxing :) (read the instructions dude !!! – particularly if you don’t know much about the character)
4) Admit I did LOL when I saw the PREDATORS Blu-Ray displayed with it :lol
5) “Fangs” – LMAO.

:lol I was thinking the same thing as I watched this.. Don;t know if I would spend this much on a character I did not know much about :lol

Good bits
Based on the vid (will be able to tell better with quality pics) . . . QC & paintwork looks pretty good.

Even the torso heft looked fine (until he put the head on)

No complaints about the main base – always thought that was cool.​

So hard to tell with the head.. When putting it together I never felt like I could get a feel for it then when he did his review he filmed it all from above the Predator thus giving it the Bobble head look.. I will know soon enough. Paint apps look good.

I also think the upper head sculpt looks great.. Problems seem to lie with the lower mandibles.. I mean Fangs.

Not-so-good bits
The small base is TERRIBLE – really sucks (and looks like it was spat back out).

The "starry" blast damage on the bio is awful too – my Son said he needs to be holding a “My little pony” in 1 hand and a sign saying “I feel pretty” in the other.

Those eyes (“those eyes!”) . . . they just . . . they just (disappeared) look odd (said in my best Bill Duke voice).

Only just realised how bad the cheek skin is sculpted where it joins the lower mandibles.​

Like I said above.. all problems seem to lie with those lower mandibles for some reason.

The Thigh armor.. I can handle the wrong placement.. Its how thick the things are that make them an eyesore IMO​

I can't believe he's put this thing in a Detolf above another expensive statue. .

Alien statue is a recast.

The Predator came out well.

Funny how others have pointed out that his Alien Maquette is a recast! I’ve noticed the same long ago and hope he doesn’t think he has an actual Sideshow Maquette.

Where did you hear that? (or can you tell from the vid?)

The Predator came out well.

Funny how others have pointed out that his Alien Maquette is a recast! I’ve noticed the same long ago and hope he doesn’t think he has an actual Sideshow Maquette.

He has a video or use to have a video about that Alien.. He knows its a recast.

He has a video or use to have a video about that Alien.. He knows its a recast.

There's 4 member names here SIMILAR to his YouTube account name ("Statue Collector117") - do you know which one he is here? (*scratch that - only 5 posts between all 4 users *)

That "review" you mentioned is here - https://youtu.be/o9uZaYUmPpM?t=2m20s

It's sweet. His wife bought it for him. My girl got me the Jessica Rabbit pf for my 40th. It's since been signed by Kathleen Turner in person. Now she thinks I should sell it because she still hates my collection. Who understands women?

There's 4 member names here SIMILAR to his YouTube account name ("Statue Collector117") - do you know which one he is here? (*scratch that - only 5 posts between all 4 users *)

That "review" you mentioned is here - https://youtu.be/o9uZaYUmPpM?t=2m20s

His username on here is Kitana. He normally shares the links to his videos in these threads, but he hasn't on this one for some reason (possibly banned?).

His username on here is Kitana. He normally shares the links to his videos in these threads, but he hasn't on this one for some reason (possibly banned?).

Thanks mate.

He's still about. Seems to be more of a superhero fan - men in tights rather than monsters in fishnets. Each to their own.

Bad dog on the recast though.

Cuz this guy rates everything incredible, a 4 is like a ten to this guy I swear he never rates a statue bad ever, Not once have o hear this guy give a statue lower than a 6. It is just insane does this guy know what a bad statue is?????

Bro I hate to tell you, that you wouldn't know a good statue if it came and bit you on the ass. This statue is just okay if that. Not great not bad but no where near the price side show sucks and they continue to show how bad they have become period. I don' buy from them in a while and I don't ever plan too. The original blows this out of the water by far!!!!!!! The original was so much better and solid and so much detail sucks this looks like a toy. Jut okay I would spend 500 at the most for this!!! 1200 Is just insane!

While this is my last Sideshow piece on order I’d still consider a Thanos and I’m no fan of his. Since I bought my Prime 1 Optimus you can see where all my POs are made. It’s just hard to not order them even at the price because they are perfection in every way.

I never say never to another SS piece but I have a lot tied up in Prime 1 except the Shockwave is already paid for except the shipping?!?!?! If they do a Predator I’d be getting it but again I’m excited for this to come. Some like it some don’t. I just can’t help it I like it. Gotta get him a spot next to Voltron though. Shelves be filing up fast.

Cuz this guy rates everything incredible, a 4 is like a ten to this guy I swear he never rates a statue bad ever, Not once have o hear this guy give a statue lower than a 6. It is just insane does this guy know what a bad statue is?????

Well most of the time when we are buying a statue we are buying something that we already think looks cool. SSC usually gets the pieces at least 90% to proto... So why would he give something a poor grade..

I have owned some 40+ statues over the years and I can;t think of any that I would give a poor grade to.. I stay away from the bad looking statues and have been lucky that I have had no interest in some of the pieces that have been major fails after production.

Here is a quick shot of him-

IMG_1545.jpg

Back