New Moon sequel to Twilight.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WRONG!

I really do hate them. Well, I only saw 40 minutes of the first one, but that was enough for me and I am into vampire lore. In fact, I will go as far as saying that I like 2012 more. :horror

:horror Indeed!!!! :lol :lol :lol

Eli26 is hating on this film that much that i think he's really trying to hide the fact he really likes the films anyone agree? :lol ;)

Eli is a closet homosexual and trying to come to terms with that. Hence his angst. It's just something he has to get over.

Eli is a closet homosexual and trying to come to terms with that. Hence his angst. It's just something he has to get over.

Says the guy who reads these books and watches all the movies.

You do know that the general fanbase is tweenie to teen girls? You teeny boppin' girl!

Says the guy who reads these books and watches all the movies.

You do know that the general fanbase is tweenie to teen girls? You teeny boppin' girl!

I know, it's the same reason you frequent this thread. Let the teeny boppin girl out of the cage Eli. You will feel better. Put on your best pink tank top and grab good ole Iron Man. Next stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself that you are not interested in Iron Man. You are gay for Tony Stark. I'm telling you just try it out. You know you want too. Let it out Eli!

I know, it's the same reason you frequent this thread. Let the teeny boppin girl out of the cage Eli. You will feel better. Put on your best pink tank top and grab good ole Iron Man. Next stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself that you are not interested in Iron Man. You are gay for Tony Stark. I'm telling you just try it out. You know you want too. Let it out Eli!

No, the Mike has thrown himself out of the closet on that lovefest.

WRONG!

I really do hate them. Well, I only saw 40 minutes of the first one, but that was enough for me and I am into vampire lore. In fact, I will go as far as saying that I like 2012 more. :horror

I'm into vampire lore as well, and HATED this author's take on it. That being said, the "werewolf" backstory is MUCH more interesting, which is expanded upon in New Moon and the rest, but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Closet??? Not!! Any dude who posts pics like that of himself on a site that consists of 90% men is NOT in the closet about his homosexuality.

Closet??? Not!! Any dude who posts pics like that of himself on a site that consists of 90% men is NOT in the closet about his homosexuality.

lol You wished. Nope, one 100 percent heterosexual. That's why I don't see crap like this.

Dave is the exception to that rule because he sees everything. That and I have to say that or else I'll get in trouble.

Either way, not interested, and Pens to repeat as Cup Champions!

Anywhoo....(changing subject back to the film)

It does anger me that Meyers claims she never saw any previous Vampire movies or read the literature prior to writing these books. By making them come out in the day she's kind of destroyed the darkness and tragedy of the genre.

But I do think that she has created something a bit interesting with the backstory
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anywhoo....(changing subject back to the film)

It does anger me that Meyers claims she never saw any previous Vampire movies or read the literature prior to writing these books. By making them come out in the day she's kind of destroyed the darkness and tragedy of the genre.

But I do think that she has created something a bit interesting with the backstory
Spoiler Spoiler:

See I have to disagree in a sense. Vampire lore is just that lore. It started from false stories and dreams. None of this is real. We all know who Bram got inspiration from. A brutal killer. So I am game with whatever someone else wants to dream up. But me personally I love vampires. Rice's version appeals to me the most. Sleak and sexy but yet fierce. Love it! I hate the ugly types because IMO thats not a vampire that is just a plain monster. Dracula was never meant to be a ugly kill all vampire. He was charming and had his wits. Thats what made him brutal. I think its funny when people point out their own fav vamp movie and try to justify it as being the best. I am partial. I love them all. Bar none aside for Dracula, Interview with The Vampire is still top dawg.

My point is if this is her version so be it. It's not like she is retelling the sinking of the titanic. So really who cares that she is messing with your version? Many others like hers. Like I said I have my favorite version of the beasts but who cares?

I can't wait till this movie/series goes the way of the backstreet boys, in sync, the Jonas brothers, and all the other annual teenage crap that comes out regularly.

The more I see/hear of this series, it really does seem like crap made to make insecure teenage girls feel better about themselves for some reason. It's a disgrace to any established vampire lore, setting it backs decades. For one, sunlight kills vampires, regardless if they sparkle lke glitter in it. For two, vampires don't fall in love with wanna-be gothic teenage girls, they eat them, or convert them. None if this torn emotional BS that is getting record breaking box office sales.

I can't wait till this movie/series goes the way of the backstreet boys, in sync, the Jonas brothers, and all the other annual teenage crap that comes out regularly.

The more I see/hear of this series, it really does seem like crap made to make insecure teenage girls feel better about themselves for some reason. It's a disgrace to any established vampire lore, setting it backs decades. For one, sunlight kills vampires, regardless if they sparkle lke glitter in it. For two, vampires don't fall in love with wanna-be gothic teenage girls, they eat them, or convert them. None if this torn emotional BS that is getting record breaking box office sales.

Vampires already were a bit of a joke before this movie came out though, IMO. They all seemed like idle, sex-obsessed bloodsuckers who weren't all that scary, and there were only a few exceptions (like 30 Days of Night, but they were a bit too monstrous and not really vampires either).

And bah, sad that this movie is breaking the charts the way it is. But I can't fault Meyers for being successful. Started out with a crappy fanfiction (complete with a blatant Mary Sue and stalkers are hawt mentality), and ended up with a multi-million dollar franchise. Ah well, now we at least have another example of "box office success =/= good movie". :lol

See I have to disagree in a sense. Vampire lore is just that lore. It started from false stories and dreams. None of this is real. (cut)
My point is if this is her version so be it. It's not like she is retelling the sinking of the titanic. So really who cares that she is messing with your version? Many others like hers. Like I said I have my favorite version of the beasts but who cares?

But vampires have endured as monsters for so long because they ARE monsters - they jump out at you in the dark. Meyers has taken a scary monster and turned it into a sick puppy.

Contrast Meyers vamps with Whedon's - he created something new and different, but didn't throw out the essentials of the vampire lore and the reason that we still love to be scared by them.

saw this last night on the cheap. $4 per person.:naughty no way in hell i was going to pay full price for this.

anyways without getting into all the movie critique, long and short for me, my son and i almost left before the first half was over, geez talk about super slow:duh, but the second half was decent for me.

there you go a guys point of view.:lol

Back