New License Unveiling: Could it be LOTR?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re

well, technically... you may be able to say this is a new LOTR one because the last one ended.

either way, lets hope it is LOTR.

It won't be Weta, but if it is going to be LOTR at all, it could be 1/4 scale figures. Don't think I'd be interested unless they're really, really good. I don't like the bendy doll effect or the clothes being too big for the body.....but I'd buy a Mouth of Sauron :D

re

Imagine Premium Format LOTR on a par with cinemaquette...
** looks for the drool smiley **

FrodoEyes said:
It won't be Weta, but if it is going to be LOTR at all, it could be 1/4 scale figures. Don't think I'd be interested unless they're really, really good. I don't like the bendy doll effect or the clothes being too big for the body.....but I'd buy a Mouth of Sauron :D

Actually the 1/4 PF figures are not posable or 'bendy'. The earlier versions did have some poseability in the arms, but now that has been removed and they arrived in a pretty much fixed posed. The clothing is taylor made by Greg Mowry and Geppetto Productions, who do an excellent job and the fit is always outstanding. Definitely not 'too big for the body' that sometimes happens with 1/6 scale figures. 1/4 PF figures are a breed all their own and basically remeniscent of a 'mini wax museum like' display. Definitely would be a welcome addition to my collection :D

BTW Azog pointed out on statueforum that LOTRPREMIUMFORMAT also fits in the boxes. At first I though this would be very unlikely, but now I hope I was wrong. :banana

oxbeard said:
Actually the 1/4 PF figures are not posable or 'bendy'. The earlier versions did have some poseability in the arms, but now that has been removed and they arrived in a pretty much fixed posed. The clothing is taylor made by Greg Mowry and Geppetto Productions, who do an excellent job and the fit is always outstanding. Definitely not 'too big for the body' that sometimes happens with 1/6 scale figures. 1/4 PF figures are a breed all their own and basically remeniscent of a 'mini wax museum like' display. Definitely would be a welcome addition to my collection :D

BTW Azog pointed out on statueforum that LOTRPREMIUMFORMAT also fits in the boxes. At first I though this would be very unlikely, but now I hope I was wrong. :banana

Yeah, there's no doubt that the 1/4 humans will be far superior to the Weta versions. I think this will bring prices on the SS/W stuff down even further. I'd love 1/4 versions of:

1. Lurtz in Armor
2. Gandalf the Grey
3. Frodo
4. Wiki in True Form
5. Ringwraith (possibly, this could be a problem to make)
6. Legolas
7. Gimli
8. Aragorn

I'm glad the LOTR 1/4's are happening!:banana

1/4 LOTR is perfect!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I will finally get my Lurtz in armor too!!!! :)

This is THE announcement I have wanted for a while now.

Very nice. A new Aragorn that actually looks like Viggo!! :)

1/4 Ringwraith! Maybe even the entire Fellowship from FOTR too this time.

The costumes will be great and we should get real metal weapons.

Last edited:
"F" is up and I REALLY hope it will be:

Lotr PReMIum FORMAT

I don't want to be negative or anything, but they may be "teasing"
us and it could very well be something completely different, like

Lost PReMIum FORMAT

But how fun/exciting would that be... ??? ...

Back