New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i think after discussing it with a friend, my father 2, who i gotta say collects memorabilia and models as much as me lol..have both said, why not get both..if its affordable to do so then get the official and custom figures...bcos lets faceit, they aint guna be the same, and the amount figures that are out there that we buy which always have some thing wrong with them in our own opinions. so who knows. but i think im still going for my custom set, they willl be very different to what the official figs will be, and i like the idea of that.

jst my thoughts. and if u thrown away ur gear ill have it..lol...!!
sounds good man. if you're a true GB fan then why not get both. i just like my customs cuz i made them all myself. with a little casting help from nick-a-tron and some custom heads of course.

("...12" figures with screen accurate, custom tailored clothing, etc."),

There's no way that you can think all plastic from this description. "Custom tailored clothing" has to mean the traditional 1/6th type figure.
Sorry if that was unclear...I was making up that quote as a statement that would make these seem like a departure from their usual 12" offering.

sounds good man. if you're a true GB fan then why not get both. i just like my customs cuz i made them all myself. with a little casting help from nick-a-tron and some custom heads of course.

thanks claw, yeah i totaly love the custom figures ive been seeing around, and the detail is great, and like isaid, the custom figs are totalt different to what the official figs will be like.

and yeah the packs that would be with the customs are frm nick. and i also put my name down from chris for his gb heads

Sorry if that was unclear...I was making up that quote as a statement that would make these seem like a departure from their usual 12" offering.

Oh, well. Yeah, then all plastic may be the way they go. However since they'll be only selling on their website, perhaps they really are going for the collector audience rather than kids.

Oh, well. Yeah, then all plastic may be the way they go. However since they'll be only selling on their website, perhaps they really are going for the collector audience rather than kids.

yeah, hopefully collector and put effort into the details.

anyone have any ideas on price range for each figure then??

and any1 think that they will be hard to get off the matty website? ? im hoping, as every1 else i can get an order in ok without them selling out.

11.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

If HT jumped on these, I'd pay well-over $200 each for uber-nice detailed figures--err, models.

I think a whole bunch of us are gonna be disappointed with what Mattel has to offer. The 12-inchers will just be larger versions of the 6-inchers. I think anyone who believes that the 12-inchers will be true 1/6 awesomeness is kidding themselves. This IS Mattel we're talking about. I know the MOTUC line is nice, but c'mon, we really don't think the 12 inch figures will be anything better than Ken and Barbie dressed like Mulder and Scully, do we? Just b/c they can make cloth Barbie outfits, doesn't mean the figs will have accurate 1/6 tailoring.

this is a good point sladesuperagent. which is why im still wanting to carry on with getting a custom set of the guys 2gether, that way at least as afan u can put as much detail as u possibly can in yourself!!

If HT jumped on these, I'd pay well-over $200 each for uber-nice detailed figures--err, models.

I think a whole bunch of us are gonna be disappointed with what Mattel has to offer. The 12-inchers will just be larger versions of the 6-inchers. I think anyone who believes that the 12-inchers will be true 1/6 awesomeness is kidding themselves. This IS Mattel we're talking about. I know the MOTUC line is nice, but c'mon, we really don't think the 12 inch figures will be anything better than Ken and Barbie dressed like Mulder and Scully, do we? Just b/c they can make cloth Barbie outfits, doesn't mean the figs will have accurate 1/6 tailoring.

this is a good point sladesuperagent. which is why im still wanting to carry on with getting a custom set of the guys 2gether, that way at least as afan u can put as much detail as u possibly can in yourself!!

I bought 4 of those packs also, along with Ada Murray head and 4 tan Sat. Toys jumpsuits and they've sat in my closet for months now. I'm not that talented of a painter, so I rather have someone else tackle them, but I still think they'll be better than what a large toy corp. has to offer.

Can't wait to see the pics (it might be for better or worse though).

I bought 4 of those packs also, along with Ada Murray head and 4 tan Sat. Toys jumpsuits and they've sat in my closet for months now. I'm not that talented of a painter, so I rather have someone else tackle them, but I still think they'll be better than what a large toy corp. has to offer.

yeah me2, thats y i been intouch with sum1 else to make them up for me, altho ive been searching all over for alot of the gear, like the jumpsuits etc. everything else hes sorted.

but yeah look at alot of the star wars figs, even the newest 1s coming out ppl on the board have been customizing and using in kit bashes. so why not have a custom set and the official set. its the body aswel that is big thing, we was guna use hot toys bodys for my fig, and who knws wat the bodys will be like for the mattell figs?

Nice pics of the box... so where are the figures?

:D

Thats not a box... :lol

I would like to see them too... But I am not as worried as other people seem to be. Think they will be nice, no matter if they are full plastic or real cloth. Though I would prefer full plastic I think as they would differ more from the custom set(s) which would give a nice set up. :)

Back